• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya upgrades (When Will This Stop edition)

Tivanenk

VS Battles
Retired
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Tivanenk/Nameless_Saint_pierces_the_Earth

So yeah, I have a new calc out which I'm surprised nobody bothered to calc before considering how impressive this was.

Who does this scale to? Really, any important character in the series. This guy was a nameless mook Saint who got rejected when he wanted a Cloth and just wanted to blow stuff up in revenge. Any Bronze Saint and up should be stronger than this guy.

I can guess why (and I already have a rebuttal for it), but go ahead.

And what proof do you have that he wasn't cocky? Why would the Sanctuary not accept him if he was too strong? Are you going to say Cassius wouldn't have got the Cloth if he won it because "evilz"? What about Deathmask, Aphrodite, numerous other Silver Saints, etc. that are all "evil" as well?

More likely than not, he was cocky as hell.

Finally, if this guy is such a pathetic fodder, WHY ON EARTH would the Sanctuary send a Gold Saint to deal with him? It is the Silver Saints who are commonly send on missions (Stated by Kurumada in the Guidebook). There is no need to waste a Gold Saint, one of the Sanctury's ultimate defenses, to another continent to take care of a weakling.

And for the outlier bit, show me evidence for what it is an outlier. A... 7 year old clothless Seiya...?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Finally, if this guy is such a pathetic fodder, WHY ON EARTH would the Sanctuary send a Gold Saint to deal with him? It is the Silver Saints who are commonly send on missions (Stated by Kurumada in the Guidebook). There is no need to waste a Gold Saint, one of the Sanctury's ultimate defenses, to another continent to take care of a weakling.
He was being tested for whether he was a traitor, obviously.

@Tiva

A 7-8 Year Old Seiya who generated an immense amount of Cosmos, which he never replicated in almost 6 years of training, yes.

Obviously? Not really.

The last couple of pages were Saga asking Shaka whether Aiolia is a trustworthy saint, mainly because of Aiolos' incident.

More evidence? Seiya viewing Misty being capable of bursting Mount Fuji and Moses parting the seas as a big deal.

Tivanenk said:
The last couple of pages were Saga asking Shaka whether Aiolia is a trustworthy saint, mainly because of Aiolos' incident.
This doesn't prove that he was send specifically as a test.

Matthew Schroeder said:
More evidence? Seiya viewing Misty being capable of bursting Mount Fuji and Moses parting the seas as a big deal.
By that logic, you can discredit a lot of stuff by saying, "Bronze Saints were amazed by small craters made by Gold Saints in Omega."

Shock plays a big part in the franchise.

@tiva

Not quite.

The former two feats are actually consistent with the Bronze Saints' atomization feats. Secondly, Cosmo Users can focus their impact, which we both know, so a small crater made by a Gold Saint would still have been made with their Star level Cosmos, which Bronze Saints can feel.

I can understand why Kiki taking Thanatos' shots is an outlier, or why Shiryu matching Gungnir is an outlier, because they have been shown stronger/weaker than certain people, but seriously, what data is there to even base this as an outlier?

Again, Aiolia destroying a part of the forest amazed Seiya and caused him to say, "Amazing! That would've killed me if I hadn't worn the Sagittarius Cloth."

These statements mean nothing unless you can base it on something.

If you are being honest, you know that Multi-Continent Saint Seiya Fodder is an outlier.

I have nothing else to discuss, I have proved my basis in previous posts. Other users can give their input.

@Matt If there's one thing, you've convinced me that regular Bronze Saints and low tier Silver Saints do not scale off this. However, let's discuss the issue of Silver Saints.

I think higher tiered Silver Saints (like Marin) deserve scaling from this feat, as there is no indication that she would be weaker than this nameless Saint.

Mh, it is a possibility... Specially since Hound Asterion can create 1 Million clones of himself and have all fire blasts at the opponent.

Marin, Shaina and possibly (I mean, POSSIBLY) Perseus Algol could scale from this.

Alright. I will consolidate on the fact that upper tier Silver Saints, such as Marin, Shaina, and probably (...I mean possibly) Algol, as well as Daedalus, should he get a profile, scale from this, while the others have potentially contradicting feats. As well as pre-Sanctuary Bronze Saints.

Back