• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

it seems implied to me that the reflection doesn’t work on deities. Because Poseidon and aclepsius says that if you spit at the heavens, it will back on to you, which implies human vs gods.
Poseidon is being described at that time as the god, and only gods like Athena, Poseidon and Hades used that ability in the manga, even powerful gods like Hypnos and Thanatos never showed this ability. And Asclepius is not a god and still doesn't take full control of Odysseus, and it was the latter who returned Tenma's blow, but this seems to be an ability of the Gold Saints who can return energy attacks or objects, just like Saga, Deathmask, the Pope (Next Dimension), Shion, etc.
What does gestalt even have that aiolos doesn’t, besides subjective reality to give himself horse legs.
A ******* divine arrow, which would probably eliminate Asclepius forever.

Poseidon is being described at that time as the god, and only gods like Athena, Poseidon and Hades used that ability in the manga, even powerful gods like Hypnos and Thanatos never showed this ability. And Asclepius is not a god and still doesn't take full control of Odysseus, and it was the latter who returned Tenma's blow, but this seems to be an ability of the Gold Saints who can return energy attacks or objects, just like Saga, Deathmask, the Pope (Next Dimension), Shion, etc.

Busy and at work atm but wasn't it Aiolios Soul who sent the arrow?

Busy and at work atm but wasn't it Aiolios Soul who sent the arrow?
No, Aiolos never had that arrow because it was lost in the ancient holy war, and this one was found in the present by Marin in the remains of the Temple of Ophiuchus that appeared in the Sanctuary, that's why fans speculate that this arrow will destroy Asclepius. Aiolos' cosmos just sent his will to the past and saves Hyoga from a normal Sagittarius arrow, then is when Gestalt uses the Arrow of the Goddess to check if Hyoga was telling the truth and that girl was Athena, because only Athena can deflect that arrow (probably because it's a sacred treasure that belonged to this goddess, because it seems that Athena has the most powerful weapons) and warns Hyoga that the arrow can't be stopped by anything (only Athena can stop it) and that if she doesn't stop the arrow they will be eliminated forever.

Last edited:

💀 I forgot about the arrow.
Aiolos' cosmos just sent his will to the past and saves Hyoga from a normal Sagittarius arrow,
Crazy how cosmos can time travel like That, but Athena can’t.

Crazy how cosmos can time travel like That, but Athena can’t.
Because the soul of the Gold Saints can move through space and time, before this we even saw them move through space and time to protect Athena and Shijima (something that not even the goddess could do, so she needed the Gold Saints to appear to save and protect her), for Kurumada, Buddha can move through time and space (even in Fuma no Kojiro he gave this ability to Buddha, when he sends Kojiro and company 4000 years into the past) and even the tree where he achieved enlightenment acquired properties to move through space and its petals can move freely through other dimensions (this is something we could also see in Saintia Sho, where Shaka with a higher level of understanding, can move inside the dimension where Dysnomia had taken him, that place where all space and time were connected and basically you could access any part of it from that place), even inside the labyrinth of the gods, a place where not even the gods can do it, that's why Cardinale, Athena and Shijima needed the arachne string. Also, fun fact, Aiolos' soul in Knights of the Zodiac communicates with Marin and shows her the future.

So Buddha seems to be ridiculously impressive at some points and they reached a level close to him.

Last edited:
yeah actually. Separate timelines
Although it is different, since all the stories are part of the canon or multiverse of the franchise, unlike GT which is not part of anything. I see this more like Transformers, all the series, comics, novels, movies, etc, are part of the multiverse of this franchise, but each version of the characters is separated according to their timeline or universe they belong to.

Although it sounds pretty silly for Kurumada to introduce this concept, if we analyze the story of the classic manga, why the Specters were sent to kill Athena without a special weapon, in Dark Wing, Saito solves it with the arrow given to Shoichiro, but Saint Seiya the Specters never mention anything about that, basically it was an impossible mission for these guys.
Ngl, that whole plan for shion and the others to kill her was pretty half baked. Shes way stronger than them, and could wipe them out easily if she so chose to. It seems more likely hades wanted to thin out the saint numbers. Also, if they reached Athena’s chamber, they could have taken the golden dagger at the popes place.

Although it is different, since all the stories are part of the canon or multiverse of the franchise, unlike GT which is not part of anything. I see this more like Transformers, all the series, comics, novels, movies, etc, are part of the multiverse of this franchise, but each version of the characters is separated according to their timeline or universe they belong to.
I made a CRT updating the GT to be canon, but on a timeline like trunks and now the original cosmology is canon.

Nah, gotta know when to put something to rest, however Next Dimension ends should be the closing curtain for the canon story. I genuinely want a cheesy happy ending where Seiya recovers, all the gods' shenanigans against humanity are done so Saori can move on to live a happy and normal life as a normal human, and Seiya and Shaina grow up and have a family together. KINO

Nah, gotta know when to put something to rest, however Next Dimension ends should be the closing curtain for the canon story. I genuinely want a cheesy happy ending where Seiya recovers, all the gods' shenanigans against humanity are done so Saori can on to live a happy and normal life as a normal human, and Seiya and Shaina grow up and have a family together. KINO
HospitableSpectacularBasil-size_restricted.gif

BOI, Seiya x Saori >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Seiya x Shaina

Nah, gotta know when to put something to rest, however Next Dimension ends should be the closing curtain for the canon story. I genuinely want a cheesy happy ending where Seiya recovers, all the gods' shenanigans against humanity are done so Saori can move on to live a happy and normal life as a normal human, and Seiya and Shaina grow up and have a family together. KINO
I don’t mean to offend you, but that honestly sounds like the worse possible ending to this story.

ND is better off never happening if that’s the case.

One question, do we have a direct statement that the cosmos is the soul?

I feel that some are similar but others give the feeling that the cosmos is not the Soul

I feel that some are similar but others give the feeling that the cosmos is not the Soul
I really wanted to know too, but the energies that I know are all directly connected with soul/mind, like Ki, Chakra and other energies.

I really wanted to know too, but the energies that I know are all directly connected with soul/mind, like Ki, Chakra and other energies.

It is not the soul, but it is connected/linked as is with the mind/consciousness well.

Ngl, that whole plan for shion and the others to kill her was pretty half baked. Shes way stronger than them, and could wipe them out easily if she so chose to. It seems more likely hades wanted to thin out the saint numbers. Also, if they reached Athena’s chamber, they could have taken the golden dagger at the popes place.
Let's remember that Athena is good and an extremist pacifist, she will never try to attack to kill anyone and only fights to defend others, so at least it could be assumed that the Specters could use this to their advantage and catch Athena off guard and kill her (something similar to what happened with the random Mariner who kidnapped her at the beginning of Poseidon). Also the plan to use the Gold Saints was Ker's, not Hades, he wasn't even in the Underworld at the time (even Rada and the others wonder who was on the throne at the time, if Hades wasn't there, but Pandora just ignores it), but what you say makes sense, since Ker always sought to reduce the number of Saints, that's why she introduced the Lemur into the Sanctuary and left Kanon alive to cause a conflict between Athena and Poseidon's forces, and reduce the number of them. Also, I guess she expected Shion, as Pope, to know some way to kill a god, and this would solve the problems with this new concept that Kurumada is introducing in his story, although there are still other parts that cause problems and we will have to see how Kurumada solves them.

Back