• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

So what are the actual contradictions between G and Classic/ND that can't be explained away via timeline differences?
You can have a shared canon multiverse, they don't have to coexist within the same timeline.
Anyways, do you guys think we can scale 9th Sense users to infinite speed via Shura's feat? There might be scaling issues regarding Cronos but its worth looking at imo
Well, I don't think anyone has an issue with considering them canon via the multiverse theory.

Although in regards to things that can't be explained via timeline differences, that could probably be the confirmed hair colors of various characters because I don't see why that would change just because it's a different universe.

Especially Saga/Kanon and Shion's hair colors, and more importantly them not having the same color, which goes beyond just an artistic or design thing and actually affects the story itself, and this is why in canon, Saga/Kanon and Shion are all blonde together, having the same color.

Well, I don't think anyone has an issue with considering them canon via the multiverse theory.

Although in regards to things that can't be explained via timeline differences, that could probably be the confirmed hair colors of various characters because I don't see why that would change just because it's a different universe.

Especially Saga/Kanon and Shion's hair colors, and more importantly them not having the same color, which goes beyond just an artistic or design thing and actually affects the story itself, and this is why in canon, Saga/Kanon and Shion are all blonde together, having the same color.
On this wiki a simple design change means nothing to the canonicity of a story. The plot is the only thing that matters

Although in GA Camus had both red and blue hair

How does art style change the story?
Because said art style makes a significant part of the Saint Seiya history literally impossible, being the fact that Saga would've never been able to scam the Sanctuary as a fake Shion if the blueish purplish hair Saga and greenish hair Shion dynamic was canon (and it isn't, the ND and Episode Zero colorings confrm that Saga and Shion are both the same hair color as the story itself dictates), since they would've noticed his different hair color (Pope Saga's hair was always out) and it seems them both being blonde was one of the reasons it was even possible for him to pull that off.

Because said art style makes a significant part of the Saint Seiya history literally impossible, being the fact that Saga would've never been able to scam the Sanctuary as a fake Shion if the blueish purplish hair Saga and greenish hair Shion dynamic was canon (and it isn't, the ND and Episode Zero colorings confrm that Saga and Shion are both the same hair color as the story itself dictates), since they would've noticed his different hair color (Pope Saga's hair was always out) and it seems them both being blonde was one of the reasons it was even possible for him to pull that off.
That's irrelevant for this wiki for canonicities unless specifically, and directly stated word for word with no vagueness or ambiguity. Straightforward and simple, and straight to the point. Something no one and I mean no one can misinterpreted, or misunderstand. Something that can't be misconrexualized, or decontextualized. A statement that will not have any confusion with it. In regards to art style with canonicities

Because by default it means nothing

This indicates that his revival happened a really long time ago and is still contradictory information to the canonical timeline, where it's hammered home continually Shion and Dohko were the only survivors.
I would mention that, if there was a need for him to be revived at all, he isn’t a survivor of the war, because he didn’t survive it

So apparently Kurumada has Seiya's fight with Zeus planned out according to this
(It's in Spanish)
Which, if GA Seiya is supposed to be future ND Seiya makes this panel
7s987df7asdfa.jpg

Really funny in retrospect if Seiya ends up winning

So apparently Kurumada has Seiya's fight with Zeus planned out according to this
(It's in Spanish)
Which, if GA Seiya is supposed to be future ND Seiya makes this panel
7s987df7asdfa.jpg

Really funny in retrospect if Seiya ends up winning

Super funny. Like, Seiya's basically going "Uh.....RIP to those other Seiyas, but I'm built different"

I question the legitimacy of this person. Does he have any proof to back up that he actually met Kurumada?

Not as far as I know. None of EF' socials link to any recorded interview so we can't confirm it. We should be getting an official statement about it soon though

Not as far as I know. None of EF' socials link to any recorded interview so we can't confirm it. We should be getting an official statement about it soon though
I won't take what he says seriously until we get AK official something lol

There's more than just the hair color and there's also the armor design, which even Okada uses as an example from other universes, for example the Shura from another universe who was killed by Assassin Shura has armor with a similar design to the original manga, so basically the armor designs are actually an indication that they exist in different universes.
(It's in Spanish)

Nothing to see, this has no importance for the canon, because they are completely different gods and Assassin is not part of the Next Dimension timeline. In the video there is only the typical comment of a fan of something he can't confirm (something quite common in this franchise with made up interviews, or a supposed Saga of Heaven that has been in development for more than 10 years and the third season of TLC that has been in production for 10 years), in fact Kurumada has already announced the end of Next Dimension and we don't even know if this story will continue after this manga or Kurumada will close his story with this. But well, anyway the vision that Kurumada has for Zeus, is not that of an evil and stupid god, that's why one of his ideas was that Zeus would join the Saints and Athena, and even if there would be a conflict against the Olympians, this would be because of Athena and the time travel that provokes the fury of the gods, in fact, as indicated in the manga, the Saints do not consider the rest of the Olympians as enemies and that's why the Pope does not suspect them when he sees the anomaly and immediately suspects Athena as responsible.
I would mention that, if there was a need for him to be revived at all, he isn’t a survivor of the war, because he didn’t survive it
Dohko and Shion even mention that they are all dead in Origin, and Thanatos, Hypnos and Ker mention only Dohko and Shion as the only survivors at that time and the only obstacle the goddess has in her plans, which makes it impossible for him to be alive at that time and to have trained Shura in the canon timeline, Okada's universe is simply a different universe from canon or even other spin-offs.

Last edited:
There's more than just the hair color and there's also the armor design, which even Okada uses as an example from other universes, for example the Shura from another universe who was killed by Assassin Shura has armor with a similar design to the original manga, so basically the armor designs are actually an indication that they exist in different universes.

Nothing to see, this has no importance for the canon, because they are completely different gods and Assassin is not part of the Next Dimension timeline. In the video there is only the typical comment of a fan of something he can't confirm (something quite common in this franchise with made up interviews, or a supposed Saga of Heaven that has been in development for more than 10 years and the third season of TLC that has been in production for 10 years), in fact Kurumada has already announced the end of Next Dimension and we don't even know if this story will continue after this manga or Kurumada will close his story with this. But well, anyway the vision that Kurumada has for Zeus, is not that of an evil and stupid god, that's why one of his ideas was that Zeus would join the Saints and Athena, and even if there would be a conflict against the Olympians, this would be because of Athena and the time travel that provokes the fury of the gods, in fact, as indicated in the manga, the Saints do not consider the rest of the Olympians as enemies and that's why the Pope does not suspect them when he sees the anomaly and immediately suspects Athena as responsible.

Dohko and Shion even mention that they are all dead in Origin, and Thanatos, Hypnos and Ker mention only Dohko and Shion as the only survivors at that time and the only obstacle the goddess has in her plans, which makes it impossible for him to be alive at that time and to have trained Shura in the canon timeline, Okada's universe is simply a different universe from canon or even other spin-offs.
The part about the interview. I completely agree.

I'd like them to provide some sort of proof or official statement instead of word of mouth from.a fan

Also I didn't read anything else here because irl stuff

The part about the interview. I completely agree.

I'd like them to provide some sort of proof or official statement instead of word of mouth from.a fan

Also I didn't read anything else here because irl stuff
I'm sure the spin-offs are different eras, but not part of the Ss canon, but it's still canon for the derivative, so it's very good to specify such an era and another era, lol

According to XI THE FROG (Twitter) the end of Next Dimension will begin in the spring of Japan (posted this information in the preview of the chapter of Fuma no Kojiro published in this month's Champion RED) and also mentions that the Champion RED #3 2023 (published on January 19) will have a cover of Rerise of Poseidon and also include a clear file of this series.

So the end of Next Dimension could begin in March, the end of the canon is near, although it could also be just the end of this manga and the beginning of a new canon story, we will have to wait to see what happens, but every day is closer the return of Next Dimension, I just hope that the last 16 chapters are published in a single season and not in two parts as happened with Otoko Zaka, so we can appreciate the canon in all its splendor.

just wanna say. was almost done with my canoncity blog until i realized... Still have to do the anime canoncity lol

Doing the section on why manga and anime should be seperate made me realize how much bigger the series really is lol.

So question for you guys

The only animes i think really matter is Omega, the movies connected to the anime-classic adpation, and Soul of Gold.

Are the others really unique enough to warrant that they will eventaully get their own profiles here?

for example the Legends of Sanctauary movie, Netflix adapation, Lost Canvas Anime, Saintia sho anime

So question for you guys

The only animes i think really matter is Omega, the movies connected to the anime-classic adpation, and Soul of Gold.

Are the others really unique enough to warrant that they will eventaully get their own profiles here?

for example the Legends of Sanctauary movie, Netflix adapation, Lost Canvas Anime, Saintia sho anime
I agree

So question for you guys

To tell you the truth, this Saintia sho shouldn't even exist, I've never seen such a bad work, lol

So question for you guys

Saintia sho anime is just gonna be Manga sho but with less feats, so I don’t think it deserves its own thing, same with Anime Tlc. Netflix I think is good if it’s different enough. LoS have nice designs, but their profiles would prob be barebones since its only the one movie

So question for you guys

Toei Animation's timeline is easier and simpler than the manga timeline, where only a few stories are part of Kurumada's timeline (and this might even change in the future, if Kurumada creates a big contradiction in the future with his new works) and the others are alternative timelines in this multiverse.

Officially, the Omega series is called a sequel to the classic anime, the classic movies (as inconsistent as they are), the Hades OVAs and Overture.
これらの作品の続編となるのが本作『聖闘士星矢Ω』である。
KXIfh4C.jpg
Soul of Gold is a continuation of the Asgard Saga, so it should be part of this timeline.

Toei Animation's other series and films, such as the Saintia Sho anime adaptation, the Legend of Sanctuary film, and the Knights of the Zodiac series, are not part of this timeline.

Honestly, I doubt very much that the characters of these series will have profiles in the future. Even many of the Saint Seiya characters named in this Wiki page I doubt that they will have profiles in the future and it is probably better to just delete and make the pages of some important characters.
To tell you the truth, this Saintia sho shouldn't even exist, I've never seen such a bad work, lol
Honestly, the animation quality of the adaptation of Hades (Hell and Elysium) and Soul of Gold series is as bad as what we saw in Saintia Sho series, all these series are hard to watch complete nowadays. Toei Animation's treatment of Saint Seiya in the last decades is simply horrible, even Knights of the Zodiac with all its problems, is probably the best animated series that Toei Animation has made about this franchise in the last two decades (because although Omega had good episodes, some interesting characters and stories, and an amazing soundtrack, the animation quality in many episodes or the vast majority and several designs were simply bad in general).

Last edited:
I plan on making profiles for some of those characters, espcailly characters from omega because id have fun with some of them like Tokisada is one of my most favorite haxed saints.

I aint touching any of the other ones. and if it needs to be done. we can always just update the blog in the future if someone wants to add them.

Legends of Sanctuary should be deleted they have 2 profiles here

but if someone really really wants to do them. then yeah the blog could be updated inthe future.

Same with netflix series if someone really wants them here. blog can be updated in the future

There are spoilers for this month's Champion RED and the preview of the next Champion RED, which confirms that it will include chapter 2 of Rerise of Poseidon and chapter 21 of Dark Wing.

Here is Kurumada's commentary where he says that the final season of Next Dimension will be released in spring in Japan.
M69N9hD.jpg

Chapter 20 of Dark Wing is the end of the battle between Shoichiro and Eito.

It seems that Eito was defeated and his god abandoned him, therefore the will of the Cloth returned and the armor ended up rejecting him.
yzQ6pVU.jpg

I like how expressive this mangaka's drawing is.

Well, there ends the story of the only Capricorn Saint who had an Excalibur in each one of his arms.

Last edited:
I think G shura can use Excalibur with all his limbs
Yes, Shura could interchange the Excalibur between his arms, therefore he could use Excalibur with any of his arms, although I don't remember him using an attack with two Excaliburs attacking at the same time like Eito, normally when he attacks with two swords they were different attacks and not combined.

Last edited:
Speaking of the Kurumada timeline, the end of Next Dimension and what happens to Seiya is certainly going to break the canon Episode G theories once and for all (no way Kurumada is ending the story as a whole with Seiya still being affected by Hades' curse).

Chronos says Athena can't change the past, so I doubt she'll accomplish her goal of taking Hades sword off him.

Athena's presence already changed the past (that's why Sasha didn't reach the Sanctuary and Asclepius could free himself at that moment) and is altering time, probably Chronos' words were just a warning for Athena to desist from traveling to the past, but Saori ignored all the warnings and decided to travel in time no matter how dangerous it was at that moment (like the fact that the Sanctuary wants to kill her and released the monster that wants to kill her).

Some fans theorize that Saori will talk to Sasha at some point in this finale and she will promise to do everything possible to destroy Hades' sword in the past, and this will save Seiya in the future.

the writing quality of ND is on par with that of children's book (which is pretty generous). However ND ends, it'll probably be a mediocre ending.

Saint Seiya canon is the worst part of the franchise with Kurumada's post classic content.

Speaking of the Kurumada timeline, the end of Next Dimension and what happens to Seiya is certainly going to break the canon Episode G theories once and for all (no way Kurumada is ending the story as a whole with Seiya still being affected by Hades' curse).
Currently Episode.G is an alternate timeline and this will not change by the end of Next Dimension (we have already seen contradictions with this story since the prequels, Episode Zero and Origin), even most fans accept this today and literally both Kurumada and Akita Shoten introduced the concept of the multiverse to the franchise so that fans would stop fighting about the canon of this franchise.
the writing quality of ND is on par with that of children's book (which is pretty generous). However ND ends, it'll probably be a mediocre ending.

Saint Seiya canon is the worst part of the franchise with Kurumada's post classic content.
The funny thing is that even Kurumada's most diehard fans accept that the ending will be pretty mediocre and all they hope is that Kurumada will at least announce some kind of more interesting sequel.

Kurumada and Akita Shoten introduced the concept of the multiverse to the franchise so that fans would stop fighting about the canon of this franchise.
got a statement that the multioverse was introduced so fans stop arguing about canon? That's a very specific reason and very odd the Akita Shoten even cares.

The funny thing is that even Kurumada's most diehard fans accept that the ending will be pretty mediocre and all they hope is that Kurumada will at least announce some kind of more interesting sequel.
anyone who's read 5 consecutive chapters of ND would agree the ending will likely be mediocre.

And I personally don't want another kurumanga, if it took 20 years to tell what really should have been 5 year story, then any continuation is pointless.

Unless of course it's pre-written and he hires an artist to draw it for him.

Back