• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Iirc I believe there’s a panel that implies Saints don’t use their sight to see in the underworld, I think it’s from Shiryu. Which would explain how saints could “see” whilst in a place without light. If I’m right.

You got that scans to Phoenix cloth destroying mu? I'm very interested on that
That' s the scan, where the legend of the Phoenix Cloth is narrated (a person with evil intentions tried to get hold of this armor and it, to prevent him, released a torrent of flames that destroyed the guy who tried to get hold of it and also destroyed in the process the continent, and the Death Queen Island is the only thing left of that continent) and how this armor destroyed Atlantis, this part is narrated only as a story with only one image to represent the scene.

Last edited:
It's called a universe in the Galaxian Encyclopedia, and Lapetos notes that Dunamis pushes it to infinity. It's pretty blatant.
No, he only makes a comparison of the Deumanis, indicating that it comes from the force that expands the universe, this is similar to the Cosmos whose power and origin comes from the big bang, that is why even the difference between these two is mentioned, one is a creating force and the other is a destroying force. Actually, as I have pointed out, it is just a space inside a small temple.

That pheonix cloth calc sounds interesting
Although it is an interesting feat and we could use it to scale the power of the Bronze and Silver Saints, the problem is that there is nothing to indicate the size of that continent (although it is described to be Atlantis and perhaps we can use the description that exists about this place) to make an accurate calculation. But I think we could argue that it is at least a 6-B feat.

To be honest it is never mentioned that the shining objects in the sky in the Toei Animation version are stars and as it is mentioned several times in that place there is no light or shining any star (although they could refer to the light of a star as the sun that illuminates the whole place), the description is similar to the description of Hell in the manga, and even the map of Hell in the Kanzenban Edition (which was probably the version adapted in the anime, because it was the definitive version of this manga, before the Final Edition) we can also see some glowing objects in the dark space around the land of the Hell.
True it’s pretty hard to say for sure, but with all the mentions of the place lacking any stars, maybe the map is just similar to how Kurumada puts stars in the background of the maps of Sanctuary and it isn’t meant to be literal, or probably just unknown objects

Although it is an interesting feat and we could use it to scale the power of the Bronze and Silver Saints, the problem is that there is nothing to indicate the size of that continent (although it is described to be Atlantis and perhaps we can use the description that exists about this place) to make an accurate calculation. But I think we could argue that it is at least a 6-B feat.
what descriptions are there of atlanatis that indicate its size? if its a continent we should be fine with using "Microcontinent" sizes. Using the smalled Micrcontinent.

what descriptions are there of atlanatis that indicate its size? if its a continent we should be fine with using "Microcontinent" sizes. Using the smalled Micrcontinent.
I don't know, I thought that maybe there is some description of this continent (Atlantis) in real life, although what you say seems more logical and we could use the minimum size of a continent on this site to try to calculate this feat.

I don't know, I thought that maybe there is some description of this continent (Atlantis) in real life, although what you say seems more logical and we could use the minimum size of a continent on this site to try to calculate this feat.
i was thinking microcontinents because their much smaller than continents. so a bit more of a lowball, but safer and more likely to be accepted. for example Madagascar off the coast of Africa is a microcontinent iirc.

Zealandia is 4.9 Mkm², significantly larger than Mauritia, which is 408,000 km² (12 times larger), and that can make us realise what scale we are talking about. Neuendorf holds that a great area is inherent in a continent’s definition, and Cogley had already suggested in 1984 Central America (1.3 Mkm²), Arabia (4.6 Mkm²), and India (4.6 Mkm²) to be considered as new continents.

However, this criterion is not conclusive by itself, as the well-known greatest continents have not only a vast area, but are spatially isolated by geologic or bathymetric features.

Then, microcontinents are nothing more than fragments of the continental crust scattered in the world’s oceans. The clearest examples are Madagascar, East Tasmania Plateau, Jan Mayen, Mauritia, and the Golden Dragon Plateau (Gulden Draak Knoll).

Even so, distinguishing microcontinents from continents can be considered as an arbitrary practice.

The alternative is clearly worded as a reference for the point that mentioned space-time was describing how the universal size can be proven (shown or stated), and it literally says “space-time and shown or stated universal size.”

But any rate I posted this as a question for efficiency.
So i just got confirmation that how i was interpreting the Universe Guideline page is right.

but synonyms for "Universe" require context

So i just got confirmation that how i was interpreting the Universe Guideline page is right.

but synonyms for "Universe" require context
It looks like the guy even said no for a simple mention of space-time as evidence for an entire universe and the context obviously doesn’t support it either, so we’re back to square one.

It looks like the guy even said no for a simple mention of space-time as evidence for an entire universe and the context obviously doesn’t support it either, so we’re back to square one.
Not exactly. Context doesn't mean proving size.

Proving Size js simply the easiest way to do it

Edit: I made my own thread for it, and a staff member responded.

Not exactly. Context doesn't mean proving size.

Proving Size js simply the easiest way to do it

Edit: I made my own thread for it, and a staff member responded.
I saw it, and the guy said space-time on its own isn’t accepted evidence for a universe. Maybe ask him if the context of a Hell made of terrestrial bodies with no celestial bodies or anything in that place is a good context for an entire universe, because I’m not seeing how.

As a continent, it’s at least the size of greenland I’m pretty sure, since Australia is almost 4x the size and is the smallest

No, he only makes a comparison of the Deumanis, indicating that it comes from the force that expands the universe, this is similar to the Cosmos whose power and origin comes from the big bang, that is why even the difference between these two is mentioned, one is a creating force and the other is a destroying force.
That's actually just wrong. I checked the Lapetos scan, he literally says Dunamis is the source of the power of the gods and
what pushes the universe into infinity, at least according to my translator. Portuguese translations say the same thing.
Pontos also debunks the notion that Dunamis is solely a creative force, although I've yet to check the raws on that panel.
The Titans are stated to have planets and universes in the GE, and in fact we see their planets within their domain. Are the temples planet sized now?

That's actually just wrong. I checked the Lapetos scan, he literally says Dunamis is the source of the power of the gods and
what pushes the universe into infinity, at least according to my translator. Portuguese translations say the same thing.
Pontos also debunks the notion that Dunamis is solely a creative force, although I've yet to check the raws on that panel.
The Titans are stated to have planets and universes in the GE, and in fact we see their planets within their domain. Are the temples planet sized now?
So, the reference is to the expansion of the universe (the universe where the story takes place) and how the deumanis is a force related to the expansion of it, similar to how the cosmos is a force related to the big bang and the Saints or humans who use this power mimic that force in their bodies, as I said it is basically a distinction of the deumanis as a creating force and the cosmos as a destructive force. No, they only have a space inside a small temple with a single small planet, the planet during that fight is not bigger than a few tens of meters.

Another interesting feat in Time Odyssey that no one has commented on.

It seems that Ikki destroyed the Erebus, a strange dimension or place, where the past, present and future intertwine and where the Moiras wove Ikki's destiny.
6B2q2md.jpg

TIxX7eG.jpg

r6Bn07P.jpg

At the end of the fight, Ikki uses his Hō Yoku Tenshō with all his power to defeat the Moiras and after this powerful attack the place starts to collapse, and at the end we see how this place collapses completely.
VPNOpYB.jpg

mAwmgI0.jpg

5Tf30TF.jpg

rgR90p2.jpg

nzpvboJ.jpg

5mwsjkt.jpg

As a continent, it’s at least the size of greenland I’m pretty sure, since Australia is almost 4x the size and is the smallest
Well, this also sounds good, we could use the minimum size for a continent on this site, although what TheUnshakableOne says sounds good and maybe using the size of a microcontinent would make this more easily accepted.

planet during that fight is not bigger than a few tens of meters.
Yo so, aren’t the planets of the Titans populated by life? if that’s the case, I would really doubt them being that small. It’s not uncommon for gigantic spaces to exist within smaller ones within fiction. hyperbolic time chamber, the tardis, Temples in Omega

Yo so, aren’t the planets of the Titans populated by life? if that’s the case, I would really doubt them being that small. It’s not uncommon for gigantic spaces to exist within smaller ones within fiction. hyperbolic time chamber, the tardis, Temples in Omega
Speaking of fiction, we can find life in many places, for example the miniature world created by Lisa in the Halloween Special or the locker with alien life in Men in Black 2. Yes, pocket dimensions inside a place, this is like the Virgo Temple or the Pope Temple that thanks to the barriers (the gate of life or the labyrinth of the gods) of those places can extend unlimitedly inside, or the soul of Hades that Pandora carries in a savannah that is called a universe and we can see the space inside it.

Speaking of fiction, we can find life in many places, for example the miniature world created by Lisa in the Halloween Special or the locker with alien life in Men in Black 2. Yes, pocket dimensions inside a place, this is like the Virgo Temple or the Pope Temple that thanks to the barriers (the gate of life or the labyrinth of the gods) of those places can extend unlimitedly inside, or the soul of Hades that Pandora carries in a savannah that is called a universe and we can see the space inside it.
You cannot be serious…

Because I'm confused. What do you mean by "life" here in this context?

Iapetos moving his planet (however big it's accepted to be) at faster than lightning speed sounds like a feat worth calculating

Iapetos moving his planet (however big it's accepted to be) at faster than lightning speed sounds like a feat worth calculating
GE actually called it a "Parallel Universe" i'll see if i can find it to double check myself but im almost certain of that.

GE actually called it a "Parallel Universe" i'll see if i can find it to double check myself but im almost certain of that.
Well I don't remember that he ever moved the whole dimension, I was talking about when he moved the planet faster than Aiolia's Lightning Bolt in their fight to block it.
822465cde2eb64da4d154827a559dbde.jpg

Well I don't remember that he ever moved the whole dimension, I was talking about when he moved the planet faster than Aiolia's Lightning Bolt in their fight to block it.
822465cde2eb64da4d154827a559dbde.jpg
it just says "Parallel world" but the kanji for "World" here is unusual because it means like an "afterlife" kind of world.

Edit: i was talking about the GE saying he throws parallel worlds at his enemies.

Someone’s just sad Hades’ best feat is moving a couple planets whilst the Titans actually destroyed planets.
Sure sounds like it.
Anyways here is the raw for Lapetos' statement:
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...942165710376960/0030.jpg?width=381&height=559
This is what my translator gave me
"Lapetos: Don't you know?
  • All of the darkness of the universe...
  • ...is made up of what you have under your feet now.
  • The ultimate power which causes the infinite expansion of the universe...
  • ...the source of the power of gods like myself and the others...
  • ...the cosmo, which was entrusted to the gods who rule over all destruction."
This indicates that Dunamis is the source of both the power of the gods and the infinite expansion of the universe.
As for the whole "Dunamis is only a creative force" argument, here's this scan from the GE:
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...437235783/Dunamis_GE.JPG?width=367&height=232
Plugging that into DeepL gave us this "Dunamis is the pure power of the ancient gods who created the world, the power that creates all things and destroys all things. The power that surpasses the microcosm of a saint is the power of a god, able to freely release and disassemble the atoms that form all phenomena."
So yes, Dunamis is both creative and destructive.

Well it seems implied that Hades "sustains" the dimension of Hell (it should be at least around the size of a planet or something), and Elysion which has some stars in its sky so maybe that could be a >planet level feat.

Although I guess in Kurumada's manga it's never really explained if he does it with his cosmo or if this is just some esoteric life link, and it's probably in question to what extent he affects the entire dimensions, since it still existed in the past even when he was confirmed to be dead in the present. But it should still be above planet level even so.

Even if the vice versa probably isn’t possible due to continuity difference, can this justify the original story and Next Dimension feats scaling to Episode G?

Okada seems to place Episode G in the same boat Toriyama placed Dragon Ball GT (the fans are free to equally take it as a sequel or in this case prequel for the main story, or just it’s completely own alternate universe side story), which is known to be scaled from the main story.

Even if the vice versa probably isn’t possible due to continuity difference, can this justify the original story and Next Dimension feats scaling to Episode G?

Okada seems to place Episode G in the same boat Toriyama placed Dragon Ball GT (the fans are free to equally take it as a sequel or in this case prequel for the main story, or just it’s completely own alternate universe side story), which is known to be scaled from the main story.

Vswiki really hates when fans ask via tweet about anything to staff of a series. Thus would probably be disregarded by wiki policy from what I heard and seen in the last.

Blame demonbane for this lol

Last edited:
Sure sounds like it.
Anyways here is the raw for Lapetos' statement:
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...942165710376960/0030.jpg?width=381&height=559
This is what my translator gave me
"Lapetos: Don't you know?
  • All of the darkness of the universe...
  • ...is made up of what you have under your feet now.
  • The ultimate power which causes the infinite expansion of the universe...
  • ...the source of the power of gods like myself and the others...
  • ...the cosmo, which was entrusted to the gods who rule over all destruction."
This indicates that Dunamis is the source of both the power of the gods and the infinite expansion of the universe.
As for the whole "Dunamis is only a creative force" argument, here's this scan from the GE:
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...437235783/Dunamis_GE.JPG?width=367&height=232
Plugging that into DeepL gave us this "Dunamis is the pure power of the ancient gods who created the world, the power that creates all things and destroys all things. The power that surpasses the microcosm of a saint is the power of a god, able to freely release and disassemble the atoms that form all phenomena."
So yes, Dunamis is both creative and destructive.
The description is nothing more than a reference to the expansion of the universe (the universe where the story takes place) and how the deumanis is related to this force, which all the gods in this story can access, so it can be said that they access some part of the force that expands the universe, the same as living beings or Saints access some part of the force that created the universe, the big bang, which is what is called the cosmos.

The way the deumanis work with the cosmos is different, as Pontos himself points out, the cosmos destroys matter by destroying the atoms, while the deumanis manipulate the atoms of this matter, so the type of destruction is different, being mainly a creative force, although they can still affect matter, as they can separate the atoms of something to cause damage, for example when Pontos separates Aiolia's arm in that scene.
Although I guess in Kurumada's manga it's never really explained if he does it with his cosmo or if this is just some esoteric life link, and it's probably in question to what extent he affects the entire dimensions, since it still existed in the past even when he was confirmed to be dead in the present. But it should still be above planet level even so.
The past and the future are different, even if Hades has died in the future, he still exists in the past, that's why it is mentioned that his soul is in Alone's body and his sword still exists during that time (hence Athena's mission to travel to the past and destroy his sword), so this has nothing to do with this world having disappeared in the future with the death of the god.

Last edited:
I'm aware, the idea was that (well at least per the standards of this time) Hades doesn't affect the dimension/space-time of the Underworld itself, if it exists in the past (since as noted in the tiering page, the destruction of a dimension is it being destroyed at every point in time).

I'm aware, the idea was that (well at least per the standards of this time) Hades doesn't affect the dimension/space-time of the Underworld itself, if it exists in the past (since as noted in the tiering page, the destruction of a dimension is it being destroyed at every point in time).
That last part is being changed soon iirc.

They're working out the tier 3 standards currently and a tier 2 thread is coming very soon

Back