• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

For Zeus at least, I think there’s a quote. Not sure
If a quote says that his body and soul were damaged or crushed by the arrow attack, and Aiolos says that this must have sent the god to sleep, but it turns out that the god transferred his soul into the body of Aiolia, an avatar destined for him in this universe, and so he was able to return in his body, which is then destroyed and Zeus is defeated. Zeus only returns thanks to the temporal anomaly (or portal created by Athena's sacrifice) that brought Aiolia from the past and this allowed him to return. The curious thing is that this version of Zeus does not seem to be able to exist without a physical body as an incorporeal being like Poseidon, Hypnos, Thanatos and Hades.

Last edited:
Other interesting details in the last chapter of Dark Wing.

It seems that Yoruhime can use the cosmos of Hades to modify the Elysion and make it a pleasant place for the souls that were transferred to this place.
luasg2f.jpeg
Y: 冥界のほとんどが復旧中今
Y: このエリシオンに死者は流れてしまう
Y: 後らが静かで穏やかに着らすためには
Y: 資材... 施設もっと必要....
Y: エリシオンの安定と冥闘士の復活...
Y: ハーデス様の僅かな小宇宙を上手く使わないと

This could also be seen in chapter 2 where she gave Shoichiro a dark arrow with Hades' cosmos to kill Athena.

Wynver is described as the most dangerous of the three leaders of the Underworld.
NZnsbrY.jpeg
Y: 冥界三巨頭の三巨頭の一人
Y: その中でも一番激しくヤバい
Y: 「大猛星ワイバーン」かと

Although this is not new and Wynver in the classic manga also stood out from the other two leaders. Now even in Next Dimension, Wynver will have to be ridiculously awesome for Athena's army to redouble its numbers and prove that the Specters are the biggest challenge for Athena's army, since the other two were already defeated and Griffon was even humiliated by an Ikki who can't win a fight against the Gold Saints in his way, and probably Papillon will be defeated by Tenma in the next chapters, therefore, Wynver and Deep (the only two decent Specters left alive in this army) will have to defeat many Saints, or maybe that fan theory will come true and after this time travel they will change the timeline and the Gold Saints will survive the battle against Hades and we will have the epic battle of the Sanctuary to save Athena from the fury of Olympus.

With Kurumada's obsession for the Gold Saints, the famous Olympus Saga that fans have been waiting for so long, will be an epic battle of the Gold Saints and Bronze Saints against Zeus and the rest of the Olympic Gods to save Athena, a great Saga that will probably be made and drawn by one of Kurumada's assistants with the help of Kurumada's son or family member, after he died of cirrhosis.

There are also some explanations about the evil stars and how they are connected to the cosmos of Hades, it's good to see when they drop that nonsense about people chosen to become Specters being reincarnations and start using the true interpretation of the concept created by Kurumada. Although it is still not very clear what the evil stars are, they only seem to be connected with the cosmos of Hades and Zhu in chapter 2 says that they are the spirit of a star, but they do not seem to be incorporeal objects (although they seem to affect the body and soul of the chosen person) since we saw how the evil stars damage the tower when they are released.
KURU DIED!!?

With Kurumada's obsession for the Gold Saints, the famous Olympus Saga that fans have been waiting for so long, will be an epic battle of the Gold Saints and Bronze Saints against Zeus and the rest of the Olympic Gods to save Athena, a great Saga that will probably be made and drawn by one of Kurumada's assistants with the help of Kurumada's son or family member, after he died of cirrhosis.

Sure, Imma just copy paste what he gave me

0002-012_1.png

The hole has a diameter of 481 pixels and Hyoga has a height of 111 pixels

So dividing 481 by 111, we get a 4.33333 times difference. So multiplying that by Hyoga's height of 173 cm, the hole has a diameter of 749.66 cm

The hole has a depth of 143 pixels, so dividing that by the 111 pixel height of Hyoga, it has a different of 1.29 times

So multiplying that by 173, the hole has a depth of 222.87 cm (edited)

So treating this as a cylinder, it has a total volume of 98,400,000 cubic centimeters (edited)

So taking the 8.9363x10^12 joules per cubic centimeter potency to sub-atomically destroy ice (these are subatomic particles, I don't think it being permafrost ice would make a big difference), for Hyoga to sub-atomically destroy this hole, he must've outputted

8.79×10^20 joules / 210.17 Gigatons of TNT Large island level
I did this calc as well with eyeballing instead of pixel scaling, got 5.6907185e+19, so yeah your friends math def seems good.

Is there any accepted values for the speed of Shuras Big Bang outspeeding miracles? Cos not many of the profiles actually link the speed

Is there any accepted values for the speed of Shuras Big Bang outspeeding miracles? Cos not many of the profiles actually link the speed
there is a calc for it and i facking hate it. it makes no sense and the idea of a grape fruit sized inflationary universe is rejected and debunked in science to this day.

Edit: Also context of inverse cosmology can change the calc.

So, I’m assuming you found a calc of your own that fits the cosmology better?
don't really need a calc for it since the big bang is accepted as a tier 2 feat. That means the 3rd dimensional space of the universe is uncountably infinitely large.

but a calc of my own that fits the cosmology? i could make one but... i doubt it would get accepted due to how large it would be... there would be a lot of zeroes... larger than the highest possible end but... lots..

Makes semse
if it makes you feel better..

i am creating a very detailed cosmology blog. Going into a lot of detail for it. I need it for several abilities for the Cosmo Blog, and for justification and tiering changes. Hell it might change speed tierings too. but speed is the least of my concerns atm the wiki has effectively made it a useless stat imo.

A spoiler or description of the French Comic indicates that the enemy could be Chronos or Cronos, they do not specify which of the two could be the enemy.

The guy behind Ikki in this image is Chronos or Cronos.
9Q850CX.jpg

If he is the first of these gods, it doesn't make sense, because Kurumada has not presented this god as an enemy and he is just a neutral figure, even just sleeps most of the time and protects the time and space portal from invaders, and is also described as a god without form by Athena herself. This makes me doubt the canon of this work, or maybe it is a story situated in a different universe like Dark Wing.

If it is the second of these gods, this could create a contradiction with what was shown in Episode.G and we will have to choose which of the two different interpretations of this god will be canon for the main universe of this franchise, if Kurumada does not say something about it, although knowing him it is almost a fact that he will not say which of the two works is now canon.

In any case, the choice of these gods (Chronos or Cronos) as an antagonist is complete nonsense, not that I want to see Hades always as an antagonist in spin-offs of this franchise either, but there are better ways to introduce a new antagonist and create a really interesting story for this franchise.

Last edited:
Alright 2 things. 1, that ikki looks very cool, and 2, I think I read something about the writer consulting kuru about this story, so I’m hoping whatever he writes isn’t too batshit out there

Tbh it'll probably be an alternate universe. ND itself already makes the story questionable if it'll be after Hades arc.

Though I believe this story will be the Olympian arc kuru wanted since ND isn't going as he had planned.

Alright 2 things. 1, that ikki looks very cool, and 2, I think I read something about the writer consulting kuru about this story, so I’m hoping whatever he writes isn’t too batshit out there
The drawing of the spin-offs of this franchise is something that is impossible to criticize, it is usually quite good, the problem is the story of these works that overexploits the same concept or a group of characters, when sometimes it would be better to do something different with a new group of characters and a story located in another era (this franchise would not have so many continuity problems, if these authors would stop exploiting Seiya and company or 20th century characters, and start basing their stories in the past or future distant). That's right, the writer says he consults Kurumada, but this is not something confirmed and Kurumada has not mentioned anything about this spin-off, maybe it's just a comment that the writer says for marketing to try to attract more audience and that this comic will sell well. We'll have to see what this comic is about when it comes out, although at the moment using Chronos or Cronos as an antagonist seems like a bad idea.
ND itself already makes the story questionable if it'll be after Hades arc.
The events of this comic are supposed to happen in parallel with the classic manga, at least the first volume will happen between the Sanctuary Arc.

We'll have to see how this story develops, although I still say that the idea of using Chronos or Cronos as an antagonist is pretty bad, because the first of these gods is presented in the manga as a neutral figure (presenting him as an antagonist or even interfering in some way is silly, when the guy is always sleeping) and the second was already used in another spin-off, so his precense in this work would only bring more continuity problems in this franchise.
Though I believe this story will be the Olympian arc kuru wanted since ND isn't going as he had planned.
Kurumada has always said that he wants to write and draw this story, so I doubt very much that he would cede such an important work for his franchise to another mangaka (especially one who has not worked alongside him, the only occasion that Kurumada gave a continuation of one of his works to another mangaka was with Fuma no Kojiro, where he gave this work to one of his assistants), and it is not that this work will not have a constant publication in order to finish this story before. Olympus (the battle against Zeus and the Olympic Gods) is basically the final Arc of the work written by him and everything seems to indicate that the events of Next Dimension will start this Arc, because Athena's time travel will unleash the wrath of the gods against this goddess and the Saints will have to go to save her.

Last edited:
He can possess someone (like Hades, Poseidon do with Shun and Julian) or create his own avatar.
No, because he is a god without form in Kurumada's work, he does not have a soul and a form like the rest of the gods, that is why he is described as a god without form by Athena herself and the official website also describes that he exists as an abstract concept.

No, because he is a god without form in Kurumada's work, he does not have a soul and a form like the rest of the gods, that is why he is described as a god without form by Athena herself and the official website also describes that he exists as an abstract concept.
I did not say he like the rest of gods, even he doesn't have soul it doesn't mean he cannot possess to someone or create his own avatar to control. Even you are an abstract existence, you still capable possess to the other or manipulate your avatar to work on mortal plane

I did not say he like the rest of gods, even he doesn't have soul it doesn't mean he cannot possess to someone or create his own avatar to control. Even you are an abstract existence, you still capable possess to the other or manipulate your avatar to work on mortal plane
This is something he has never shown in Kurumada's manga and even he cannot leave the place where he is, even to continue his attack on Athena he had to move all the space where he exists. His existence is not like the rest of the gods, that's why Athena describes him as something different as a god without form. The gods in Kurumada's work cannot create any avatar or even regenerate their bodies (the only one who has that power is Ophiuchus, Ikki and the users of the 8th Sense), this is something that is also described in Kurumada's manga, where the gods have to take control of a human to acquire a body or it is even clearly stated that the objective of the Saints was to destroy the body of Hades in order to stop the holy war forever.

Last edited:
Because G cronos and ND chronos are the same being and character 👀
If that were true, it would confirm that Kurumada does not consider Episode.G as part of the main universe (since his version of Cronos is completely different from the one that appears in this story), and the possible appearance of Cronos as an antagonist (if confirmed to be the Titan or a version of this god it merges the concept of the two Chronos of mythology into one) in this story could indicate that that manga is no longer canon for the author and will be replaced by this new work. Although there is always the possibility that this work is presented as an alternative universe like Dark Wing and this debate about the inconsistencies of this work would not make sense in the future.

Last edited:
A spoiler or description of the French Comic indicates that the enemy could be Chronos or Cronos, they do not specify which of the two could be the enemy.

The guy behind Ikki in this image is Chronos or Cronos.
9Q850CX.jpg

If he is the first of these gods, it doesn't make sense, because Kurumada has not presented this god as an enemy and he is just a neutral figure, even just sleeps most of the time and protects the time and space portal from invaders, and is also described as a god without form by Athena herself. This makes me doubt the canon of this work, or maybe it is a story situated in a different universe like Dark Wing.

If it is the second of these gods, this could create a contradiction with what was shown in Episode.G and we will have to choose which of the two different interpretations of this god will be canon for the main universe of this franchise, if Kurumada does not say something about it, although knowing him it is almost a fact that he will not say which of the two works is now canon.

In any case, the choice of these gods (Chronos or Cronos) as an antagonist is complete nonsense, not that I want to see Hades always as an antagonist in spin-offs of this franchise either, but there are better ways to introduce a new antagonist and create a really interesting story for this franchise.
Looking at his body, we see what looks like a starry sky, which would be closer in appearance to primordial Chronos. Fun times.

Story has to take place after ND to fit in or take into consideration elements from ND.

I'm curious to know how they'll do it.

I mean some of their profiles look really bad such as Shura, otherwise we should merge abilities and resistances into the same tabber.

U know, shoko has a sealing resist feat early on, might be worth checking out for your Cosmo blog.
That depends on context

I'm going to expand the blog to include stuff for specters, drayds, and stuff similar between people of the same cloth something like "Gold Saint of Gemini." For example

Back