• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

I have all of the taizen raw with maybe one or two minor scans missing would anyone be interested in me gathering it all up and posting it ?

I’ll look through it haven’t been able too but in that scan I posted it’s just that bit. The small sentence under Aiolia should have something related to his 100 million light speed blows I just couldn’t find the translation for it I’m to lazy to retranslate it
Aiolia's light-speed fist. 100 million fists per second strike the opponent.
アイオリアの光速拳。一秒間に一億発もの拳が敵を襲う!

This has been on my mind lately rofl

Muu helps Shaka get out of a dimension “between time and space” using his psychokinetic powers Shaka returns extremely fast in like the next panel.

the RAWS say Shaka fell into a troublesome and twisted “space-time” we even see this kanji 時空

The guide says Shaka returned from a troublesome place where time and space have been “refracted” which commonly means like distort alter or warp

時空 = Spacetime - in physics, spacetime (or space-time, space time, space-time continuum)

TLDR:
1: This seems like an insane range feat for Mu
2: This might be an insane speed feat for Shaka

Muu helps Shaka get out of a dimension “between time and space” using his psychokinetic powers Shaka returns extremely fast in like the next panel.
Mu did not help Shaka to return, as explained in that scene Shaka could return with his own power and he returned with his own power. Mu only helps Ikki to return with Shaka to Virgo Temple.
the RAWS say Shaka fell into a troublesome and twisted “space-time” we even see this kanji 時空
To be precise, Shaka says "he fell into a troublesome and very twisted place between space-time".

This is developed in Saintia Sho, where this place is explained and it is said that Shaka was at a point in space-time, where he could observe innumerable ramifications of the universe and learned the truth of the universe, that is why Dysnomia is obsessed with him.
2rw80if.jpg

時空 = Spacetime - in physics, spacetime (or space-time, space time, space-time continuum)
A detail in this, in Japan many times the word space-time is something that is used to describe a dimension, for example Kaguya's dimensions in Naruto are named as space-time. This has nothing to do with what is described, since in this case they are describing the space-time continuum of the universe, but it can probably be useful for the future.
TLDR:
1: This seems like an insane range feat for Mu
2: This might be an insane speed feat for Shaka
This is a reach feat for Mu and Shaka's psychokinetic powers, because it can reach other dimensions and strange places in space-time, but it is not a speed feat because it has nothing to do with speed.

Last edited:
Mu did not help Shaka to return, as explained in that scene Shaka could return with his own power and he returned with his own power. Mu only helps Ikki to return with Shaka to Virgo Temple.
Shaka compliments mus psychic powers, saying it alone is enough, but the task is bringing back ikki, and we know Shaka has the power to return himself, so why not ikki? Unless he’s trying to return both at once, It seems to me that yes Shaka could do it by himself, but mu brought him back, along with ikki. Because many of those scans say mu helped him to return.

Shaka compliments mus psychic powers, saying it alone is enough, but the task is bringing back ikki, and we know Shaka has the power to return himself, so why not ikki? Unless he’s trying to return both at once, It seems to me that yes Shaka could do it by himself, but mu brought him back, along with ikki. Because many of those scans say mu helped him to return.
Shaka only says that Mu is the only one among the Gold Saints (the ones who were present in the Sanctuary) with the psychokinetic power to bring back Ikki (the psychokinetic power of Virgo and Aries has always been comparable and they are the most powerful in the Sanctuary in this aspect, and this is something we could also see in Next Dimension, where they are the only ones among the Gold Saints who could communicate telepathically in the Sanctuary, even though distortion or a strange power prevented it), this means that only Shaka and Mu had the power to return from that strange place between space-time, that's why he asks Mu for help to bring back Ikki, and Mu himself says he will bring him back. This means that Shaka teleports with his own power and Mu teleports Ikki.

This is similar to what happened in Next Dimension, where Odysseus asks the Pope for help to save Ikki from the distortion, the Pope uses his powers and authority in the Sanctuary to allow Ikki to escape the distortion and cross to the statue of Athena, while Odysseus uses his own powers to escape the distortion.
017EAlX.jpg

Kt4EYjl.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, Imma just copy paste what he gave me

0002-012_1.png

The hole has a diameter of 481 pixels and Hyoga has a height of 111 pixels

So dividing 481 by 111, we get a 4.33333 times difference. So multiplying that by Hyoga's height of 173 cm, the hole has a diameter of 749.66 cm

The hole has a depth of 143 pixels, so dividing that by the 111 pixel height of Hyoga, it has a different of 1.29 times

So multiplying that by 173, the hole has a depth of 222.87 cm (edited)

So treating this as a cylinder, it has a total volume of 98,400,000 cubic centimeters (edited)

So taking the 8.9363x10^12 joules per cubic centimeter potency to sub-atomically destroy ice (these are subatomic particles, I don't think it being permafrost ice would make a big difference), for Hyoga to sub-atomically destroy this hole, he must've outputted

8.79×10^20 joules / 210.17 Gigatons of TNT Large island level
how did they come up with this out of curiosity?

"So taking the 8.9363x10^12 joules per cubic centimeter potency to sub-atomically destroy ice"

I’ve had the Taizen raws since about September all I can say is there’s some nice stuff in there. I’ve been knowing this series for close to two years and even then the Taizen was like this mystical thing we only got glimpses of.

So here it is in its semi complete form pretty sure it’s missing a couple scans at the very end since I did look at the Spanish version and compare.This is 199 pages long

Enjoy

Jérôme Alquié published a page from the new comic (Bande Dessinée).
tV7KQW4.jpg

An image of the Phoenix Cloth, probably from the extra story about the origin of the Cloth.
RRgXMw8.jpg

It is also mentioned that the comic's publication date has been changed to September 30.

An interesting detail in Saintia Sho.

Chapter 58:

The SKD Scalations translation of this scene is correct and says that Katja's technique has a temperature close to absolute zero.
709gW9r.jpg

65VwpHE.jpg

PS9J5hq.jpg

Katja: 絶対零度に近い凍気の塊が
Katja: 雪崩のように猛烈ないきね勢いで敵に降りかかり
Katja: 一瞬にしてすべての機能を停止させる技....

A bit disappointing, because I was hoping that this translation was wrong and that Katja would have reached absolute zero as Hyoga, but this means that Katja only reached the level of a weak Gold Saint as Camus.

The interesting thing about this happens in the next scene, where Lethe indicates that the attack had the power to damage Mariya's soul.
5S4mzOw.jpg

After reviewing the Japanese scan, in this scene it really says that Mariya's soul was damaged (マリアの運命を狂わせ魂を傷つけた事...), so this means that Katja's attack could damage her sister's body and soul.

Although it is later indicated that Mariya's soul was protected by the Kanzanshi's power and Katja's attack only freed her from the dryade. And in this scene, Katja is even surprised to see her sister's soul, therefore, this means that even Katja believed that her attack had destroyed her sister's soul.
Fe0c13A.jpg

wXp3qlI.jpg

This also indicates that the spirit or soul of the Dryads cannot be destroyed or damaged by attacks that affect the body and soul of humans.

In the section where the attacks are described in Taizen, Krishna's final attack is described as a light or photon attack (even on the official site this attack is also described as light), so this attack must have the speed of light.
マハローシニー・・・クリュサオルのクリシュナの奥義。ヒンディー語で「大い なる光」という意味。光子を敵に叩きつける

This confirms that at least one of the Generals' attacks (not including Kanon, who is really a Gold Saint) can reach the speed of light, although the power of this attack is mediocre.
So here it is in its semi complete form pretty sure it’s missing a couple scans at the very end since I did look at the Spanish version and compare.This is 199 pages long
Thanks.

Found this Q&A with Shion where I’m guessing fans would send in questions and Shion would answer them. “Shion” says if he was younger he wouldn’t have fallen to Saga. And cloths are transformed on the molecular level temporally when being fixed. Haven’t looked at all of it though

There is more to this Q&A as I found a Spanish version with much more scans but as for RAWS these three pages is all I could find

Dark Wing - Chapter 14

The most interesting or relevant part of the chapter with respect to the power or abilities of the characters.

Page 5
Zhu: 空間を切り裂く黒き翼と
(Black wings that cut the space)
Zhu: 銀河を砕く黄金の拳・・・
(The golden fist that shatters the galaxy...)
Zhu: 正に冥闘士と聖闘士の頂上対決!
(The summit confrontation between a Specter and a Saint!)
Zhu: 神話の再現っ!!
(The myth recreated!!)

It is good to see that they still use the old description of Galaxian Explosion, but the most interesting of this is the new description of Wynver's Greatest Caution, because now his technique is described as inevitable wings/claws that cut the space (Yoruhime also gives the same description to this technique on page 3: 空間すら切り裂くほどの不可避の衝撃爪牙...), a different description from the one seen in the classic manga and which could confirm that the Specters in this series will have variants in their techniques even though it is the same technique seen in the classic manga.

This is interesting, the authors of Dark Wing placed a small description of Wyvern's abilities (and the new variant of the Greatest Caution in this manga) on the chapter cover, and the shockwaves of Shoichiro's technique are released from the wings of the Surplice. I wonder if they will do this with other characters and techniques, it could be an interesting detail and I also wonder why other authors haven't done it before.

Last edited:
Ok so, I did a very rough estimation instead of pixel scaling based calc of destroying that big rock from omega Ep 1. I got island level. Nice

Additionally, I tried calcing a crater made by docrates? in the anime. Its Not a serious calc, I just used estimation,eyeballing, and ratios to find the craters size. Aaand I got country level which is somewhat strange. I wouldn’t have expected a 15ish by 25ish craters to get that high. Plus he can shoot two of the attacks that made the crater at the same time so he would be double that. The reason I’m doing it it’s because ikki seems to somewhat scale to him, and the other bronzes are 4 times below that

Aiolia's light-speed fist. 100 million fists per second strike the opponent.
アイオリアの光速拳。一秒間に一億発もの拳が敵を襲う!
do you have that scan from Lc about the multiverse being branching worlds and divering? i remember you posting one here a long time ago.

it looked like dohko was explaining it but i could be wrong on that. im going by memory.

In case anyone hasn't seen it, at the saint seiya symphonic adventure concert in Paris France, a trailer of the French Comic (now named Saint Seiya: Time Odyssey) was shown.

Some fans theorize that we're probably going to see changes in time and that's why that scene of Ikki as the host of Hades' soul appears, perhaps alterations at some points in history create this future and the Saints will have to correct these events to return the future to normal, something like what we saw in the trilogy of Back to the Future. It looks like an interesting plot, although I would have preferred the protagonists of this story to be Saints from different eras and not Seiya's group.
do you have that scan from Lc about the multiverse being branching worlds and divering? i remember you posting one here a long time ago.

it looked like dohko was explaining it but i could be wrong on that. im going by memory.
Nowhere is the world of TLC described as a branching world, if you are referring to the Alkes scene, she was only explaining that the future can change based on the actions of people in the present, but this does not indicate that parallel worlds are created and only shows that the timeline can change by events happening in the present. This is explained to Sisyphus because Alkes (she is part of the Delphic Oracle and had the power to see the future.) had predicted his alleged betrayal of Athena and the scene in which he transforms into a Specter, so she explains to him that the future can change and that is why he should not worry about this vision of the future.
yXnpvCb.jpg

t1VizNY.jpg

gxT9Hzy.jpg

-------------------------------------

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg
A detail that we could even see better with Avenir, who traveled to the past to change the timeline and eliminate his dystopian future where Hades won the holy war and killed Athena, thus creating a new future (the future we saw in the TLC manga). In the TLC universe, changes in the present and past alter the future of that world.

The branching universe I think is only mentioned in Episode.G Requiem and Saintia Sho, in the latter it is described that Shaka could see ramifications of multiple futures in the dimension where he ends up after Ikki's explosion, and then it is mentioned that in the dimension where Dysnomia takes Shaka, they could see all of space and time as if they were little flashes (or something like that).
EgaDdpQ.jpg

Last edited:
K so I did some rough calc of Docrates attack again, and its 3.7725476e+22 joules, or Country level. So this would be stuff like anime ikki tier. The real reason this is important, is because normal bronzes like seiya and co were 1/4 of ikkis power.

I do have ambition to do a Verse Overhaul here on VBW. There's a lot that bothers me in hindsight.

Like we currently have massive composite versions of everyone.

I do have ambition to do a Verse Overhaul here on VBW. There's a lot that bothers me in hindsight.

Alot of revisions are being discussed here. I left a link in an earlier reply though I think that has expired

Im not really seeing much Compositing.

Unless you mean mixing G Shura and Aiolia with Classic Shura and Aiolia then... can't disagree there...

but theres nothing suggesting their different timelines and separate from the classic either though.

Last edited:
Yeah my main issue is scaling the G versions of Aiolia, Shura...

Basically everyone from Assassin is extraordinarily more powerful than their normal counterparts and we shouldn't scale.

Basically everyone from Assassin is extraordinarily more powerful than their normal counterparts and we shouldn't scale.
this is really ambiguous, Shura iirc is the only character with a GA key

and scaling G versions of G Aiolia and Shura would require making G non-canon to Classic

OOOOHHH i understand where you coming from now. This i agree with

especially so with Assassins. their definitely different than what they once were.

is it only assassins or is it also other canons in the franchise too?

and scaling G versions of G Aiolia and Shura would require making G non-canon to Classic
But it kinda is? Kurumada basically threw it away with his own prequel short manga that depict their own version of Aiolos' escape and Saga's corruption. I'd treat Classic G as an Alternate Timeline much like Lost Canvas. I think cross-scaling is fine specially since G was intended to be the official prequel for several years until Kurumada changed his mind,

Assassin is the big thing since it's set AFTER the events of both Classic and Episode G in some alternate future and everyone is just obscenely stronger there.

But it kinda is? Kurumada basically threw it away with his own prequel short manga that depict their own version of Aiolos' escape and Saga's corruption. I'd treat Classic G as an Alternate Timeline much like Lost Canvas. I think cross-scaling is fine specially since G was intended to be the official prequel for several years until Kurumada changed his mind,

Assassin is the big thing since it's set AFTER the events of both Classic and Episode G in some alternate future and everyone is just obscenely stronger there.
Saga was already corrupted during the setting of G. Cronos never corrupted or made Saga evil. Saga already overthrew the pope by this point and was already planning on killing athena.

Also Cronos didn't make the dagger. he gifted the dagger to saga. that dagger always existed iirc

I don't see how Kurumada retconning a flashback in G is somehow a "denouncement of canonicity" ....

Have you got any statements of Kurumada contradicting his stance on G's canon status? Otherwise, it's likely just a retcon.

I disagree with "everyone being stronger there", but we can have this debate at a later time if it's relevant.
Edit: afaik, only Shura has a GA key, we haven't gotten around to GA profiles yet

In case anyone hasn't seen it, at the saint seiya symphonic adventure concert in Paris France, a trailer of the French Comic (now named Saint Seiya: Time Odyssey) was shown.

Some fans theorize that we're probably going to see changes in time and that's why that scene of Ikki as the host of Hades' soul appears, perhaps alterations at some points in history create this future and the Saints will have to correct these events to return the future to normal, something like what we saw in the trilogy of Back to the Future. It looks like an interesting plot, although I would have preferred the protagonists of this story to be Saints from different eras and not Seiya's group.

Nowhere is the world of TLC described as a branching world, if you are referring to the Alkes scene, she was only explaining that the future can change based on the actions of people in the present, but this does not indicate that parallel worlds are created and only shows that the timeline can change by events happening in the present. This is explained to Sisyphus because Alkes (she is part of the Delphic Oracle and had the power to see the future.) had predicted his alleged betrayal of Athena and the scene in which he transforms into a Specter, so she explains to him that the future can change and that is why he should not worry about this vision of the future.
yXnpvCb.jpg

t1VizNY.jpg

gxT9Hzy.jpg

-------------------------------------

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg
A detail that we could even see better with Avenir, who traveled to the past to change the timeline and eliminate his dystopian future where Hades won the holy war and killed Athena, thus creating a new future (the future we saw in the TLC manga). In the TLC universe, changes in the present and past alter the future of that world.

The branching universe I think is only mentioned in Episode.G Requiem and Saintia Sho, in the latter it is described that Shaka could see ramifications of multiple futures in the dimension where he ends up after Ikki's explosion, and then it is mentioned that in the dimension where Dysnomia takes Shaka, they could see all of space and time as if they were little flashes (or something like that).
EgaDdpQ.jpg

Do you have any language of all 224 pages of the Cosmo Special?

In case anyone has not heard about this news.

The official website of the publisher that will publish the New Comic (now named Saint Seiya: Time Odyssey) in France mentions that this work is canon.

Ce récit étant « canon », vous aurez également l’occasion de découvrir lors de votre lecture comment il s’intègre au récit original de Masami Kurumada.

For more information and some new images about this comic, check out the Kana publisher's link.

Alquie (author of this comic) mentioned that Kurumada approved and reviewed the script and sketches of this work.

The RAW of Chapter 15 of Dark Wing.

Some details about the chapter:
  • The Sagittarius Cloth is being controlled by the enemy and can use the arrow of the Underworld, and Yoruhime describes that the cosmos of this enemy is evil and much deeper than that of the king of the Underworld.
  • Zhu tries to attack it with his Greed the Life, but his attack is returned.
  • Sagittarius' attack, Dark Atomic Bolt, could not be stopped even by the combined power of Shoichiro and Sojiro, and at that moment Sojiro mentions that this enemy's cosmos is comparable to a god.
  • It looks like Cattleya will become the typical damsel in distress like most of the Athenas in this franchise, no matter how much the universe changes the franchise is doomed to repeat the same old tropes.

This is probably similar to Overture, a story that was planned as a sequel, but without giving any warning, Kurumada later contradicts it in Next Dimension, which narrates a new official version of the story of that movie. Kurumada has always been an author that if he doesn't like something he simply contradicts it later and adds his own version of the story. Although, Saint Seiya is actually a multiverse (at least the stories published by the Akita Shoten license), even if a story doesn't belong to the main universe, it's just a parallel universe.

Last edited:
Back