• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

A different universe, even in the story this is indicated, and it is a story with some changes.

In the original manga the Underworld disappeared with the death of Hades, but in Assassin it did not disappear, this is because Athena does not destroy her soul in this universe and only destroys her body.
I think something was mentioned about how the underworld should have been destroyed, but wasn’t. So I think its just a minor retcon

I actually think that’s LW rhad. Hear me out. The Saints in the Lw had a ceasefire with the underworld. And rhad does mention a ceasefire. Plus, the history of the Lw is very diff from normal
yes, it is LW Rhada.

As for Kanon...... he survived, it's called a plot twist.

I think something was mentioned about how the underworld should have been destroyed, but wasn’t. So I think its just a minor retcon
It is not a retcon, because Kurumada killed Hades in that scene, even in the sequel this detail is mentioned, that's why Artemis is angry with Athena.

It is not a retcon, because Kurumada killed Hades in that scene, even in the sequel this detail is mentioned, that's why Artemis is angry with Athena.
"kill" is a contextual term, we know that the regeneration of a God can takes billions of years.

Seiya's soul is also heading towards the UW in ND, so it's likely still on the verge of collapsing (consistent with GA).

Hades was barely alive in ga. Barely holding together the ruins of the uw. And, this was in the underworld itself. I don’t think Artemis would have been able to tell in the first place. Either that or pis. Plus, I’m pretty sure Ga is only a possible future of the classic and G. Aiolia and shura from G are sent to the ga world, where the golds summoned are form different universes

"kill" is a contextual term, we know that the regeneration of a God can takes billions of years.

Seiya's soul is also heading towards the UW in ND, so it's likely still on the verge of collapsing (consistent with GA).
A regeneration that is never mentioned in the manga, in any of the franchise.

We do not know where the hole in the Yomotsu leads to after the disappearance of the Underworld. There are other worlds in the cycle of reincarnation in the original manga.

have you considered it's because it's not at all relevant to any plot of any other manga? The absence of information is not a contradiction.
This is not relevant, because it is never described in this manga that Athena destroys or completely eliminates Hades' soul. The regeneration you mention about the gods is never described in this manga, we can even see how a group of gods need a strange ritual to recover their bodies.
In the classic tho, his soul is destroyed, which should still hold in Ga
In the original manga, Hades is dead and will never return, so the holy war is over forever.
Hades was barely alive in ga. Barely holding together the ruins of the uw. And, this was in the underworld itself. I don’t think Artemis would have been able to tell in the first place. Either that or pis. Plus, I’m pretty sure Ga is only a possible future of the classic and G. Aiolia and shura from G are sent to the ga world, where the golds summoned are form different universes
The Underworld still exists, it is even mentioned that Shura, Saga and Deathmask were heading towards the beginning of the aqueron river in the Underworld. In the original manga the Underworld disappeared with the death of Hades. If it is a parallel world with a slightly different story than the one presented in the original manga, that's why these details change.

Last edited:
The Underworld still exists, it is even mentioned that Shura, Saga and Deathmask were heading towards the beginning of the aqueron river in the Underworld. In the original manga the Underworld disappeared with the death of Hades. If it is a parallel world with a slightly different story than the one presented in the original manga, that's why these details change.
We never see the UW disappear in Classic.

This is not relevant, because it is never described in this manga that Athena destroys or completely eliminates Hades' soul. The regeneration you mention about the gods is never described in this manga, we can even see how a group of gods need a strange ritual to recover their bodies.
scans of this "strange ritual"

Dark Wing - Chapter 11

Some information about this chapter.
  • Kogetsuki realizes that there is something strange about all this, especially the Sagittarius Saint, but she does not remember Aiolos, who was erased from existence.
  • It seems that Hypnos can become intangible and appear as a shadow.
  • Hypnos was the person who gave the necklace to the one chosen as Hades' host (Yoruhime's brother, Yomi Tsukishima) and chose Yoruhime as Pandora.
  • Hypnos was the one who assigned Charlotte as Yoruhime and Yomi's guardian.
  • Charlotte is dead (although the strange thing is that she is dead in Elysion), therefore, the anti-feat is confirmed.

Although I haven't read the chapters yet, if something more interesting happens, I'll mention it later.

Last edited:

Didn't Hades' sword yeet his soul to nothingness?

Comparing LW Seiya to ND Seiya is something people do a lot but the events in the LW are no where close to the same as ND

in ND Seiya should have the 8th sense which already removes you from the entire concept of the cycle of Samsara.

where as in the LW this Seiya probably only had the 7th sense which is highly unlikely considering Aiolos is alive int his time so the rebellion probably never happened. Making this Seiya probably only a 6th sense user.

So what Hades sword is doing to ND Seiya is akin to "Forcing the concept of death" back into Seiya; Forcing Seiya back into the Concept of Samsara so that he can be killed and removed from existence

I mean, the other 3 bronzes had god cloths, so they must have been somewhat elite Saints
its possible to have a god cloth without the 7th sense. the most important thing is the blood of a God. Its also possible they awaken their 7th sense after seeing Seiya get yeeted

but since Aiolos is alive in the LW. How tf did any of them become saints? from what i seen (been a while since i read GA) Evil Saga didn't seem to exist in that timeline either.

It appears the entire history of the LW is completely different from everything we know so its hard to gauge but I doubt that LW Seiya had the 8th sense

He was seen wearing the final cloth in a Lw flash back, so he’s had access to gold blood. He must have had a 7th sense for golds to bother fixing his cloth personally

He was seen wearing the final cloth in a Lw flash back, so he’s had access to gold blood. He must have had a 7th sense for golds to bother fixing his cloth personally
the question becomes what need arised that needed htem to give blood to their cloths? all the events that took place in that timeline aren't the same as classic.

Aiolos being alive and nothing suggesting Evil Saga existing and rebellion means something wholly and entirely different happened

but i will say been a while since i went through GA

7th sense or not though overall the point im trying to make is that a needed to awaken the 8th sense doesn't appear for Seiya in the LW so the sword will affect that Seiya differently

8th sense was needed to go into the UW but it appears hades came to Earth in Shuns body instead of waiting in the UW

One confusion with this is that the original manga never describes any special qualities of Hades' sword.

Hades was going to eliminate Seiya and prevent him from reincarnating, but this seems to be an ability or power of the god and not a power of his sword.

It is never described that the curse will prevent Seiya from reincarnating, in ND it is only described that Seiya will die in three days and nothing else. We still don't know if his soul will be eliminated after those three days or if he will fall through the hole in the Yomotsu into the cycle of reincarnation, since Kurumada only says that Seiya will die in three days when the invisible sword (created by Hades' hatred) reaches his heart.
Comparing LW Seiya to ND Seiya is something people do a lot but the events in the LW are no where close to the same as ND

in ND Seiya should have the 8th sense which already removes you from the entire concept of the cycle of Samsara.

where as in the LW this Seiya probably only had the 7th sense which is highly unlikely considering Aiolos is alive int his time so the rebellion probably never happened. Making this Seiya probably only a 6th sense user.

So what Hades sword is doing to ND Seiya is akin to "Forcing the concept of death" back into Seiya; Forcing Seiya back into the Concept of Samsara so that he can be killed and removed from existence
Remember that Bronze Saints do not master the senses, therefore Seiya does not possess the 8th sense or even the 7th sense mastered in ND (although now, thanks to Hades' curse, even all his cosmos has been removed from this world, so he has no sense or trace of his cosmos), even Dohko says that Bronze Saints will only awaken the 8th sense for a few seconds.

That is why the Bronze Cloths returned to their normal form and again had trouble fighting the Gold Saints.

Also the curse of Hades eliminates all traces of power, cosmos and abilities of the opponent, in short it completely nullifies him, at this point Seiya is even less than an ordinary human (even Shun wonders if he is dead or alive when he sees him).
I mean, the other 3 bronzes had god cloths, so they must have been somewhat elite Saints
The Bronze Saints in that universe were so weak that they got into trouble and were killed with a god in a human body. The God Cloths in the original manga were almost indestructible, even the power of Thanatos (much more powerful than Poseidon in a human body) could not damage these armors and could withstand several attacks from a god like Hades at maximum (probably the most powerful enemy in the manga continuity). Also a detail to consider is that the real God Cloth in the original manga are golden, similar to the armors of Athena and Artemis, that's why Thanatos confuses these armors with a Kamei.

Last edited:
It is never described that the curse will prevent Seiya from reincarnating, in ND it is only described that Seiya will die in three days and nothing else. We still don't know if his soul will be eliminated after those three days or if he will fall through the hole in the Yomotsu into the cycle of reincarnation, since Kurumada only says that Seiya will die in three days when the invisible sword (created by Hades' hatred) reaches his heart.

Remember that Bronze Saints do not master the senses, therefore Seiya does not possess the 8th sense or even the 7th sense mastered in ND (although now, thanks to Hades' curse, even all his cosmos has been removed from this world, so he has no sense or trace of his cosmos), even Dohko says that Bronze Saints will only awaken the 8th sense for a few seconds.

That is why the Bronze Cloths returned to their normal form and again had trouble fighting the Gold Saints.

Also the curse of Hades eliminates all traces of power, cosmos and abilities of the opponent, in short it completely nullifies him, at this point Seiya is even less than an ordinary human (even Shun wonders if he is dead or alive when he sees him).
are you saying.. that the bronzies were only in the UW for less than a few seconds?

are you saying.. that the bronzies were only in the UW for less than a few seconds?
Who knows?. I'm just saying that in the original manga, the Bronze Saints only reach everything for a short time, because they don't dominate anything, and this is something that appears this way in ND. Dohko clearly states that the Bronze Saints could only reach the 8th sense for a few seconds at the beginning of the Inferno part of the Hades Arc, something we can see later, when Seiya has trouble with a Specter like Charon and Lune (a Specter that was defeated by Kanon with one finger), because Seiya doesn't master anything.

Last edited:
Who knows?. I'm just saying that in the original manga, the Bronze Saints only reach everything for a short time, because they don't dominate anything, and this is something that appears this way in ND.
you make an interesting point. i will say that. I have looked at weather or not the bronzies having the 8th sense is valid. The new official website says that the bronzies only obtained such a state becuase of Athena's Ichor or something like that. i forgot what it says exactly but it was something along those lines.

you make an interesting point. i will say that. I have looked at weather or not the bronzies having the 8th sense is valid. The new official website says that the bronzies only obtained such a state becuase of Athena's Ichor or something like that. i forgot what it says exactly but it was something along those lines.
Yes, in the official site it is said that they awakened that sense probably with the help of Athena's blood, and this is something that Dohko also says in that part, that the Bronze Saints could probably reach the 8th sense with their cosmos at its maximum (a cosmos with which they had previously reached miracles in their previous battles) and Athena's blood, something with which they could get a miracle to awaken that sense for a few seconds.

It makes sense Divine Ichor can help awaken higher senses, given it's the source of power of gods who have 9 potentially even 10 senses.

The gods do not dominate any sense in the original manga, it is never even mentioned that they awaken any sense, this was always something exclusive to humans, that is why Shaka had to reveal the secret of the 8th sense to Athena and thanks to this sense for the first time she could travel to the Underworld (a place described in the Taizen as unreachable even by the power of the gods) alive to fight against Hades and end the holy war forever, something she could never do in all the centuries where this war takes place (this was the definitive and last battle against Hades). The blood of the gods only strengthens the armor and this allows the Saints to raise their cosmos above their limit, something that the blood of the Gold Saints also does, although not as high.

Last edited:
aight; I just want to say. Shaka is facking broken. im learning more about his character and just... Woah and wowza

Turns out Tenbu Hōrin is not at all what we thought it was. we really overlooked something but i guess no one would know since we have only Viz translations as official English translation which are trash asf. They really do Shaka dirty.

Back