• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

The reason I asked, is because I’m thinking it could be an attack speed feat for shun, since he crossed it prett6 quickly

In the anime, it took him about 57 seconds, which he mostly spent talking. In the manga, I simply read the dialogue, and it took 19.4 seconds.

5.2408157e+16c : Anime
1.5128128e+17c :Manga
so around 52 quadrillion c, and 151 quadrillion c. Assuming it was crossing the observable universe

Last edited:
I see. I think that the Saints did travel through all those lights and darkness in a straight line, since the text and anime do states that to get to elysium, you have to go past, or beyond those points, so you are moving through them.

I see. I think that the Saints did travel through all those lights and darkness in a straight line, since the text and anime do states that to get to elysium, you have to go past, or beyond those points, so you are moving through them.
It's metaphorical. I'll show you what I mean once I'm done with itl stuff

The metaphor describing the UW was mentioned about 4 times in the classic

its inspired from Dantes Inferno

The Super Dimensional Space is simply an area that exist between Universes. It isn't another Universe. it divides the 2 worlds.

We all agree Shaka is modled and based off Buddhism right? like the core of his character is Buddhism. no quarrels there, correct?

not sure about this
immeasurable speed is the speed at which you can travel through time via a sheer speed
The Super Dimensional Space is a place that only Gods can enter or those who are splashed by the blood of a God.

Time and Space there is in flux, and distorted. its constantly changing. 5 minutes forward, 5 minutes in the past. 5 feet forward to 5 feet back. At the very least its an infinite speed feat.

but speed feats are just... not important anymore.. since speed is always equalized.. so it doesn't really bother me.

So entering into such a place requires movement through time to reach Elysium or they would have gotten no-where.

this is how i see it.

Time and Space there is in flux, and distorted. its constantly changing. 5 minutes forward, 5 minutes in the past. 5 feet forward to 5 feet back. At the very least its an infinite speed feat.
I thought space-time was in flux to make it impossible for others to move and erase someone who wasn't god or god's protector.

I thought space-time was in flux to make it impossible for others to move and erase someone who wasn't god or god's protector.
no; the entire dimension was distorted and in a state of constant change in both Duration and distance. it wasn't done to make it impossible for others to move through, but this is just a natural property of it. Its like a naturally occurring hazard zone. You could argue its done by gravity since its just a "Space" between many worlds but that would be going into a hypothesis with nothing backing it. Being able to move through it would have to be either a resistance feat, Acausality, or a speed feat (infinite or immeasurable). Though it could in theory be all of the above.

Supposedly it can also throw you into some other Universe according to Dohko.

Edit: in the panel and in the anime you can see the "lines of the dimensional" points being distorted, bent, twisted, etc. You can also see that Seiya and Co had to still move through it to reach the "light of Elysium" or something like that.

An interesting detail about the reincarnation of Athena in Dark Wing and TLC.

In these universes, Athena is conceived by humans, so she is born from the womb of a woman, something Pandora tells Sasha that although she is a goddess she is born from the womb of a human. That is why Sasha is Alone's sister, because they were both born of the same parents, and Cattleya is Matsuri's sister.

This is the description of Dark Wing where Cattleya talks to Athena's soul and she says that she has been with Cattleya since the beginning, and also explains that Cattleya retains her will or personality, this is part of her.
9aisQJa.jpg

r2K11sQ.jpg

T000rJz.jpg

6tcTasp.jpg

8ttiMWF.jpg

w8LKpcU.jpg

KIB3Phg.jpg

------------------------------------

jOlhloW.jpg

TyCyPFD.jpg

TmZoeNg.jpg

SSYmNCw.jpg

zjt7ju0.jpg

FXvFhVS.jpg

HBICRKS.jpg

In short, it seems that Athena's soul steals a fetus to be reincarnated as a human.

This also explains, why Athena may have a different appearance and personality in her multiple reincarnations in this universes, well in Dark Wing it is unknown because we have only seen Cattleya, but in TLC we can see several Athenas throughout time, who have a slightly different personality and appearance between them. In addition, it also explains why in these universes, Athena appears in different parts of the world, even in TLC the Gold Saints and the Pope have to consult the Oracle of Delphi to know Athena's location (perhaps in Dark Wing they also consult this place to know Athena's location).

It's an interesting concept, because Hades also uses a woman's womb to be reborn in the world, although he kills the child and the woman at birth. It would be interesting if someday Kurumada would explain why Hades appears that way on Earth and why they refer to it as rebirth or reincarnation (I need to check the Japanese scans to see what that scene says).

A very interesting concept that I would like Kurumada to use in his manga, although maybe that can't be possible, because Athena arrives at the feet of Athena's statue at the Sanctuary when she is reincarnated on Earth in the original manga.
aight; I just want to say. Shaka is facking broken. im learning more about his character and just... Woah and wowza
Kurumada has always given special treatment to Buddha and everything related to him, that's why it's not strange that Shaka was so broken, even the tree where Buddha reached enlightenment is special in this franchise, and its flowers can cross multiple dimensions (and this interesting because the 8th sense allows the Saints to cross or transcend space and time, since they now exist in a plane of existence like Nirvana), even some flowers were able to enter and reach Shijima and Saori in the Labyrinth of the Gods, the last barrier of the Sanctuary and a place from which even the gods cannot escape.
Turns out Tenbu Hōrin is not at all what we thought it was. we really overlooked something but i guess no one would know since we have only Viz translations as official English translation which are trash asf. They really do Shaka dirty.
The official English translation is not that bad, it has some mistakes, but it is still better than other translations of the franchise, there is even a very interesting detail in the translation that a friend had to explain to me to confirm that that scene actually said what the official translation said.

Last edited:
Kurumada has always given special treatment to Buddha and everything related to him, that's why it's not strange that Shaka was so broken, even the tree where Buddha reached enlightenment is special in this franchise, and its flowers can cross multiple dimensions (and this interesting because the 8th sense allows the Saints to cross or transcend space and time, since they now exist in a plane of existence like Nirvana), even some flowers were able to enter and reach Shijima and Saori in the Labyrinth of the Gods, the last barrier of the Sanctuary and a place from which even the gods cannot escape.

The official English translation is not that bad, it has some mistakes, but it is still better than other translations of the franchise, there is even a very interesting detail in the translation that a friend had to explain to me to confirm that that scene actually said what the official translation said.
Eh Nirvana as a place is different than Nirvana as a state of being which is appears Kuru was attempting both. unless the ND scan is a mistranslation, but regardless of which one it doesn't change much becuase to interact with the world they must exit Nirvana.

Well the English version of the classic series when Shaka talks aout the pope to Ikki he tells Ikki what the truth of the universe is. Both translations are technically right just one is more balantan than the other. Both attempt to describe the Law of Dependent Origination and the Four Noble Truths.

Eh Nirvana as a place is different than Nirvana as a state of being which is appears Kuru was attempting both. unless the ND scan is a mistranslation, but regardless of which one it doesn't change much becuase to interact with the world they must exit Nirvana.
The translation is fine (even Shady translates this part in this way), and yes Kurumada seems to treat Nirvana as a state and a plane at the same time, since Shaka mentions that he will return to Nirvana.

do any mariners eat a pegasus Suiken? the one where the fists fuse together and create a multiplier?

also did any specters that seiya fought get hit with that technique that combines all the punches together?

Actually nvm they aren’t sealed in his faces, they are simply unable to fall into the pit.
No, the souls are trapped in the Cancer Temple and are the faces that appear in that place, even Deathmask says he will add the souls of Seiya and Shiryu to his collection, and the souls are released from the Temple when Deathmask is defeated. The souls that attack Deathmask in the Yomotsu are different from the souls that are in the Temple.

Last edited:
Back