• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya Discussion Thread (IV)

Dude, the Athena Exclamation is an attack far more powerful than Kanon and it didn’t destroy Shaka’s soul.

you have no argument.

and I do like low godly Golds…. It’s just not true.

The Gold Saints did not seek to destroy Shaka's soul and only wished to kill him, and the Geminis Saint can destroy souls even without the Galaxian Explosion, so Saga destroys the souls Shaka summons with his attack (is even one of the Saints who showed this ability). This is not only Kanon's Galaxian Explosion, it is a suicidal move with all its cosmos and life.

You literally have no arguments and now you even start denying what has been established in the franchise, this is so sad.

The low-godly regeneration of the Gold Saints with 8th sense is a fact, which is even described in the manga.

Last edited:
jabu can destroy souls as well, that’s called “NPI”.

No one is saying that Saints can’t destroy souls, but destroying the soul of a person and destroying a random soul a different feats that have different classification.

but I’ll humour you. Show me one person Kanon or Saga have hit with a GE who had their soul and body simultaneously destroyed.

because it sure as hell doesn’t make sense for Kanon to go out of his way to destroy his soul when Rada doesn’t have 8th sense to require a soul being destroyed.

jabu can destroy souls as well, that’s called “NPI”.

No one is saying that Saints can’t destroy souls, but destroying the soul of a person and destroying a random soul a different feats that have different classification.

but I’ll humour you. Show me one person Kanon or Saga have hit with a GE who had their soul and body simultaneously destroyed.

because it sure as hell doesn’t make sense for Kanon to go out of his way to destroy his soul when Rada doesn’t have 8th sense to require a soul being destroyed.
This is different, because it has been described that the Saints can destroy body and soul, even Shun tells Ikki to destroy his body and soul of Hades to kill the god, and they also killed Hypnos and Thanatos. In Saintia Sho, you also have the Gold Saints destroying the body and soul of the dryades, when they discovered that they were immortal, even Milo also hurt Eris' body and soul with his attack. Cain's Galaxian Explosion even affected the the opponent's seimeiten (star points), something that even negates Ikki's immortality and almost kills him.

It is a suicidal move where the Saint placed his whole life, similar to what the Gold Saints did at the Wailing Wall. This was never a normal Saint attack and it is about all the power the Saint can unleash.

Last edited:
You literally cannot prove Kanon targeted his own soul with the attack…

But I do know how to prove low godly gold saints, you just don’t like it.

I’ll give you a hint. Two words Pope Kanon

Kanon's (a Saint who even awakened the 8th sense) most powerful attack in his entire life, a suicide move in which he puts his life, cannot destroy body and soul, when the attacks of Ikki, Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga, Milo, Aiolia and Aldebaran can do it, or even Cain's Galaxian Explosion almost killed Ikki by affecting something like the seimeiten. This even sounds strange and it seems you have no arguments left, and just start denying what is established in the franchise.

Kanon's (a Saint who even awakened the 8th sense) most powerful attack in his entire life, a suicide move in which he puts his life, cannot destroy the body and soul of his opponent, when the attacks of Ikki, Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga, Milo, Aiolia and Aldebaran can do it, or even Cain's Galaxian Blast almost killed Ikki by affecting something like the seimeiten. This even sounds strange and it seems you have no arguments left, and just start denying what is established in the franchise.
No, you just can’t prove your position because it’s not true. Why would Kanon target his own soul when he knows he can regenerate from it and take Rada out for free?

makes no sense. Even if he can target souls at will like other saints (which I’m not saying he can’t), there’s absolutely no logic in saying he’d target his own here.

the only way he’s destroy his own soul, is if it’s a passive ability where all cosmo users target body and souls inherently, in which case we’d have a solid case for mid-godly Ikki I reckon.

No, you just can’t prove your position because it’s not true. Why would Kanon target his own soul when he knows he can regenerate from it and take Rada out for free?

makes no sense. Even if he can target souls at will like other saints (which I’m not saying he can’t), there’s absolutely no logic in saying he’d target his own here.

the only way he’s destroy his own soul, is if it’s a passive ability where all cosmo users target body and souls inherently, in which case we’d have a solid case for mid-godly Ikki I reckon.
It is a full power suicide move to kill Rada, because the normal Galaxian Explosion could not kill him, even when he was weakened by Orphee and Seiya's attacks. Suicide was his last choice and that's why he used a full power move to make sure to kill the opponent. Kanon used a suicide move at that moment, it is not a normal move by any means and it is the most powerful attack Kanon has ever used in his life.

Why it is a suicidal move that will hit both, that is why it is a suicidal move, similar to what the Gold Saints did at the Wailing Wall, where they put their whole life and soul into the arrow to destroy an indestructible wall. Here the wall was Rada and Kanon used all his life and cosmos to destroy it, although this killed them both.

Last edited:
What would you guys say to corrosion resist for all Saints, since yat,Yuz, and tenma got hit with a technique From Veronica that rots cloths, and plants/life, and basically walked it off.

On the topic of lc, there are some pretty interesting things in it. Like for example, thanatos’ avatar completely ignores the underworld waves, manigoldo can slightly harm his avatar, and take a hit from it, albeit with a lot of damage. Actually, I’m just realizing it’s prob not an avatar, but rather just some smhuck he possesses

Plus, u can argue that Athenas normal sealing is slightly above baseline, since a few of her weakened seals can barely affect Thanatos, but a sacred box she gifted can seal his soul fine

On top of that, Manigoldos soul could manifest for like, a minute and hold the popes helmet, despite having his body and soul destroyed in the Hyperdimension

I’m reading through tlc, and I’ve found some really good stuff, like how tenma managed to break free of the dream world

Sasha just lolnopes guardians oracle, El cid cleaves through himself and his gold cloth, although that maybe an outlier, the combined dream gods can tank el cids and tenmas attacks fine, only being pushed back, hypnos has a sleep barrier, fused dream gods one shot three silvers, and there cloths, which I suppose isn’t very impressive, el cid considers tenma as strong, hades intensified sisyphu’s dreams when he reflected it back.

Question. Shouldn’t chars with a gods blood have the ability to resist Stat reduction? Like the kind from Hades’ barrier, or being in the presence of a god

I’d wager god cloth chars should also get emphatic resistance, since Morpheus was using flowers that drain all your emotions, and this nulled tenmas ability to use cosmos. But once he used a god cloth cloth, he ignored all of that, and one shot morpheus

you can make a CRT for Tenma you know
I might. Gonna finish tlc first before I do tho. I’m just putting some stuff I notice here so I don’t forget, and so u guys can tell me if it’s legit or not. Like, the anti feat of 10,000 feet fall harming shion is most likely because of hades barrier, so not really an anti feat, more of a feat for hades. Stuff like that

On top of that, Manigoldos soul could manifest for like, a minute and hold the popes helmet, despite having his body and soul destroyed in the Hyperdimension
Souls in this franchise don't disappear easily, they even withstand the punishments of the Underworld, something that also happens in TLC, that's why Manigoldo's soul ended up in the Underworld after his death. This is probably a resistance that we will add to the franchise in the future.

On the topic of lc, there are some pretty interesting things in it. Like for example, thanatos’ avatar completely ignores the underworld waves, manigoldo can slightly harm his avatar, and take a hit from it, albeit with a lot of damage. Actually, I’m just realizing it’s prob not an avatar, but rather just some smhuck he possesses
In Saint Seiya, Specters and Surplice users are immune to Seki Shiki because of Hades' protection, although this resistance does not exist in TLC, so I suppose Thanatos (TLC version) could get a resistance to soulfuck. It is just an avatar or a human body, even in the story it is described that it is an avatar that he is using, and the god is not using his real Surplice either, because he only uses a fake armor created by his cosmos, that's why it even disappears when Thanatos' soul leaves that body (not like Poseidon in Julian's body that his armor never disappears, because it is a real object and the real armor of the god).
And how Sasha can enter it, but Morpheus can just kick her out
Sasha was always a very weak and pathetic Athena in comparison to Saori, who was absurdly powerful, even a Poseidon (in a human body, with his real armor and cosmos raised to the limit by fury) was no match against her.

In reality, Shiori believed that Athena was much weaker than her enemies, when in the original manga she is described as one of the most powerful gods in this franchise and has literally never lost a battle against his enemies.

Hakurei can send out his soul like a stand, and his sword can null hades barrier. Alone hades basically killed everyone in a 300 feet radius, dohkos shield took a slash from alone, Trainee tenma can lift a pretty big rock and dohko, lots of darkness manip from hades, passive freezing aura from degel, defteros just eats the Perseus shield into pieces, prob resists petrification since he was looking at the Perseus from behind, and that’s where his shield was, defteros has a voice command island that listens better then Siri. Accelerated dev for tenma, went from being a powerful novice to a decent 7th sense user in 3 days, pre mastered 7th sense tenma can tank lava for a little, degel is the smartest saint, can read the stars, Tenma and defteros can stop eruptions using the 7th sense, asmita talks to defteros for a little, apparently he chose to remain so he can reach the 8th sense, dunno how that works.

Plus, u can argue that Athenas normal sealing is slightly above baseline, since a few of her weakened seals can barely affect Thanatos, but a sacred box she gifted can seal his soul fine
The box is a sacred treasure for fighting with the gods in the main universe, probably in TLC it is also a sacred treasure. If Thanatos is affected by a weak seal used by a mortal, it's probably only because he doesn't have his real body, because Thanatos (with his real body and armor) is so powerful that he can destroy Athena's Cloth and weapons, something infinitely more powerful than a weak seal used by a human.

Hakurei can send out his soul like a stand, and his sword can null hades barrier. Alone hades basically killed everyone in a 300 feet radius, dohkos shield took a slash from alone, Trainee tenma can lift a pretty big rock and dohko, lots of darkness manip from hades, passive freezing aura from degel, defteros just eats the Perseus shield into pieces, prob resists petrification since he was looking at the Perseus from behind, and that’s where his shield was, defteros has a voice command island that listens better then Siri. Accelerated dev for tenma, went from being a powerful novice to a decent 7th sense user in 3 days, pre mastered 7th sense tenma can tank lava for a little, degel is the smartest saint, can read the stars, Tenma and defteros can stop eruptions using the 7th sense, asmita talks to defteros for a little, apparently he chose to remain so he can reach the 8th sense, dunno how that works.
This barrier thing you describe is interesting, because in the original manga the Saints can enter the Hades barrier (Pandora describes that this barrier denies life, turning the place into a castle of death) without dying, even without Athena's blood, probably meaning that the Saints in TLC have no resistance to death manipulation.

Nothing indicates that he is immune to Medusa's shield, it only indicates that Defteros is stronger than the Perseus Saint and probably uses his superior speed to remove the shield and destroy him. A horrible deal for one of the most dangerous Saints in this series, although all the authors of this franchise give the Silver Saints a horrible deal.

You can put that scene of Tenma lifting a big rock, because I'm looking for some feats of physical strength for the franchise and I remember that feat.

This barrier thing you describe is interesting, because in the original manga the Saints can enter the Hades barrier (Pandora describes that this barrier denies life, turning the place into a castle of death) without dying, even without Athena's blood, probably meaning that the Saints in TLC have no resistance to death manipulation.

Nothing indicates that he is immune to Medusa's shield, it only indicates that Defteros is stronger than the Perseus Saint and probably uses his superior speed to remove the shield and destroy him. A horrible deal for one of the most dangerous Saints in this series, although all the authors of this franchise give the Silver Saints a horrible deal.
Defteros was straight up just standing over and looking down at the Perseus Saint, who has his shield on his arm, facing defteros

Defteros was straight up just standing over and looking down at the Perseus Saint, who has his shield on his arm, facing defteros
Medusa's shield effect is not immediate and the Perseus Saint has to activate the shield, and the Saint also has to look directly at the shield after activating it. A faster Saint like a Gold Saint could easily dodge this with his superior speed.

im not sure if this is anime only, but didn’t some kids get petrified by looking at the shield on Algols back?
This is something exclusive to the anime, and in the manga we could see how the shield is activated by the glow of his eyes, this is not an immediate effect.
I’d wager god cloth chars should also get emphatic resistance, since Morpheus was using flowers that drain all your emotions, and this nulled tenmas ability to use cosmos. But once he used a god cloth cloth, he ignored all of that, and one shot morpheus
No, Alone helps Tenma and awakens the soul of the ancient Pegasus to defeat Morpheus, this is not a God Cloth ability, although the Saints who awaken the Seventh Sense have been able to fight with their mind (sixth sense) destroyed, and also the Saints can continue walking and fighting unconscious.

Back