• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sailor Moon vs Asriel Dreemurr: A very slight variation on a Stomp Match I did months ago. What could go wrong?

Tfw comment was changed.

DETERMINATION definitely isn't physical though. Alphys definitely didn't just take a syringe and steal some DETERMINATION from a SOUL. She had to extract it with a whole unexplained machine thingy. Now the problem is we have no clue how it works so it gets it but the DETERMINATION cause it comes directly from the SOUL and is injected into the SOUL. It's also described as the very will to live and wills aren't physical if you ask me.

Also

ENTRY NUMBER 5 I've done it. Using the blueprints, I've extracted it from the human SOULs. I believe this is what gives their SOULs the strength to persist after death. The will to keep living. The resolve to change fate. Let's call this power... "Determination"." - Entry Number 5, True Lab

This pretty much proves that DETERMINATION is more than just physical matter

"You see, unlike humans', monsters' bodies don't have enough... Physical matter to take those concentrations of "determination." Their bodies started to melt, and lost what physicality they had. Pretty soon, all of the test subjects had melted together into... Those." - Alphys, True Lab

******' triple posting but this also very distinctly differentiates DETERMINATION and ohysical matter

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Also
ENTRY NUMBER 5 I've done it. Using the blueprints, I've extracted it from the human SOULs. I believe this is what gives their SOULs the strength to persist after death. The will to keep living. The resolve to change fate. Let's call this power... "Determination"." - Entry Number 5, True Lab

This pretty much proves that DETERMINATION is more than just physical matter
Hmm... while "proves" is a slight exaggeration, I suppose I can agree with you on the point that it is not physical. However, this still doesn't change the main argument here, and in fact that very entry further proves my main point here. Void Manip can erase anything that exists. So long as it does exist in any form, erasure can make it not exist. That entry makes it very clear that Determination has been extracted from the human SOULS, and however you want to percieve it this proves that it does exist. If it is abstract, then that explains why regular attacks and AP can't destroy determination, but there is no proof that that would prevent Void Manip from destroying it, and in fact, the evidence would seem to be to the contrary.

EDIT: By the way, just because I know I have a tendency to seem as such over written messages, I want to be clear I don't mean to seem aggressive here. I am quite confident in my point, but I'm not trying to sound rude in anything I say. My apologies if it comes off as such, I've been trying to keep a better eye on it nowadays.

DETERMINATION is more of a weird power of your SOUL than anything. I don't think Moon's erasure has shown the ability to actually erase something as weird as DETERMINATION. Just saying "void manip can reduce anything that exists to nothingness" is bunk unless it has feats of doing so. (which is why some people have EE that can only erase physical objects like matter)

Her void manipulation comes from the Cauldron of the Galaxy. The only limit the Cauldon's power has ever shown was that Sailor Chaos was able to survive it, and that's because Sailor Chaos is literally non-existence itself, so Void Manip wouldn't do anything to it. Other then that though, the Cauldron has erased absolutely everything that goes into it. DETERMINATION may be strange, but there is no reason to believe that its strange nature would make it immune to the Cauldron. It still exists, and everything that exists has been erased by the Cauldron.

If Asriel dies and still has determination, there is nothing stoping him from just erasing that timeline, or reseting. Also, the only reason you gave for Asriel not being able to load, was "It erases everything", or Chaos had mid godly. For the chaos argument, thats like saying, "A warship survived a bullet, therfore you need steel plating to survive a bullet."

Hmm... if i understand correctly, the main argument about Asriel is that he determination is still here even if he his erased? if yes, i think that Moon is able to Erase, she is able to Erase the Existence of an being + his star seed which exist even if your existence is erased. For infos star seeds is something beyond the existence of an individual, controlling it mean control all aspect of the existence of the target.

Dragonboi9191 said:
He dosn't have a star seed sooo.....
Verse Equalization with SBA buddy.

Anyway, it seem that the Determination stuff is not in the profile, it's better if we create a CRT about, it seem pretty interesting.

Well, here is something to think about. Chara = or < Full power asriel, as both absorbed all souls and asriel absorbed all the human souls as well. Chara, even after deleting all their files, just brought themself back. The files are roughly equal to a starseed, because both are everything the character is. Not the best argument, but it makes some sense. (Does sailor moons power work of infinitly strong opponents?)

Do they need too?

Hax ignores AP, being stronger but on the same dimensional level won't help

Back