• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Unless you use that "stronger than you" parody as reference.
Fr8LWW7XgAYlQsr.png
Alrighth

How's that NLF? NLF is basically simplified as. "Only this particular thing can kill this person no matter what" or "Can copy anything", "do anything", "come back no matter what" or "negate anything".

Frisk's load has nothing that suggests NLF.
That's not what I said- The LOAD isn't the problem. It's the fact that someone is arguing that a seperate Ability of Frisk's is at the same level as the LOAD because they produce similar effects, even though there is a lack of evidence on certain important aspects. A NLF is essentially, a No Limits Fallacy- Or, a false argument that argues for a certain thing without any proof. NLF's can be smaller than just those examples- Saying that all of a Character's abilities are the same tier, for example, is often considered a NLF by many. And even if it's not technically a NLF, it is a Fallacy still.

That's not what I said- The LOAD isn't the problem. It's the fact that someone is arguing that a seperate Ability of Frisk's is at the same level as the LOAD because they produce similar effects, even though there is a lack of evidence on certain important aspects.
And that is?
A NLF is essentially, a No Limits Fallacy- Or, a false argument that argues for a certain thing without any proof.
NLF is synonymous with Proof By Example Fallacy. So what you described here is not the synonymous with NLF at all.
NLF's can be smaller than just those examples- Saying that all of a Character's abilities are the same tier, for example is often considered a NLF by many. And even if it's not technically a NLF, it is a Fallacy still.
And what does this example supposedly refered to?

I won't further argue the unimportant aspects, so, ok ig on the NLF stuff.
The point is, they are trying to say that the Regeneration from the Asriel Fight works on the same level as Frisk's LOAD does, but we have no proof that would indicate such- As argued previously in the thread by myself and especially Sans, if you wish to understand the current discussion further. And that is a argument that is inherently faulty- Making the assumption's this argument would ask is simply a bit too much of a stretch.

The point is, they are trying to say that the Regeneration from the Asriel Fight works on the same level as Frisk's LOAD does, but we have no proof that would indicate such- As argued previously in the thread by myself and especially Sans, if you wish to understand the current discussion further. And that is a argument that is inherently faulty- Making the assumption's this argument would ask is simply a bit too much of a stretch.
I'll just see how this goes.

Actually, you have a point.

Not to be aggressive or too accusatory, but it is peculiar that something comes up which contests what they argue, and then they try to get the convo to stop when someone presses the issue for a small period of time.

I would like to see some more concrete support/evidence, too.
I'm also going to make a counter thread if it gets through so people will be forced to acknowledge the opposite side.

Some of the hac is also very contentious (Plot, specifically). What is universally accepted by staff may be applied, however.

How would Omega Flowey have erased everyone anyway?
I don't really understand that but maybe I'm just tired or something.
Or maybe I worded that wrong..

Still kinda ehhh on Existence Erasure, I already posted my thoughts on it earlier in the thread so just gonna quote what I said there unto here, I suppose
One thing I disagree with though is Photoshop Flowey destroying the monsters and mankind after getting the 6 human SOULS. The corrupted intro is probably not being literal and is most likely just Flowey trying to mess with ye, which he evidently likes to do through the photoshop flowey encounter.
Another thing, him saying he will show 'everyone' the true meaning of this world once he achieves his newfound powers implies that humans and monsters are still around, and once he gets the 7th SOUL he will show them, which he of course he hasn't gotten to yet by that time.

Going by staff votes on Flowey's hax...

@Planck69, @Maverick_Zero_X (Only Text Manip), @Psychomaster35, @Theglassman12, @Mr._Bambu (Only Data, Text and EE)

It's pretty much universally accepted for every hax though.
I really do hate to be that guy, but of that group you have a calc group member (who has no particular authority in regards to formally approving threads), two thread moderators, and two admins, both of which excluded plot manip. Plot manip definitely is not currently accepted, and EE is admittedly shaky, I suppose. I respect Wasp's opinions on matters where one would hold him to be a verse expert (which admittedly is limited to Undertale and cheesy monster/slasher flicks, AKA "peak", harhar).

I don't mean to be a stickler but Wasp's points bear some merit so I'll rescind my support for Existence Erasure as well.

What about Law hax?
That would depend on if you can produce a suitable meme about it as you did previously.

(Serious answer: I already said neutral, it's also an extremely shaky case there that could easily be classified as something else, so I didn't give my support for it)

I really do hate to be that guy, but of that group you have a calc group member (who has no particular authority in regards to formally approving threads), two thread moderators, and two admins, both of which excluded plot manip. Plot manip definitely is not currently accepted, and EE is admittedly shaky, I suppose. I respect Wasp's opinions on matters where one would hold him to be a verse expert (which admittedly is limited to Undertale and cheesy monster/slasher flicks, AKA "peak", harhar).

I don't mean to be a stickler but Wasp's points bear some merit so I'll rescind my support for Existence Erasure as well.
So only Text and Data hax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back