• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sackboy and Newton Power Revision

After playing a lot of the games for research, I feel that both Sackboy and Newton's pages should be revised.

Just going off narration and plot points of the LBP series, all creator curators, including Newton and Sackboy are based off of the hopes and dreams of humans. Thus, this bumps Newton and Sackboy up quite a bit due to their immortality. In universe, while both characters can be one-shot with elemental powers, they can be revived at least 3 times with a regular enterance checkpoint (at least one is needed to play any level), 7 with a double checkpoint, and infinite times with the Infinite Checkpoint. This means that all Creator Curators have an odd combination of Immortality stages 1, 4, 8, and 10, due to their link to reality.

Without any powerups, all Sackpeople are equal to 10-B or 10-A. With the Grabinators, Creatinator, Custom Weapon tools, all Sackpeople are tiered at least 7-A, when size is scaled. ( Sackboy in canon is only 20 cm tall, but in spinoffs and crossovers, he is at least the size of a child. This may also mean Sackboy has size manipulation powers ) With the Popit, any Sackperson is granted 5-A to 5-B.

While Newton doesn't own the popit ( supposedly dropping out of Popit Academy ), his base tiering when not possessed is still at least 7-B. With the Titans on his side, however, he is 6-A to High 6-A, due to him being able to manipulate reality, sucking it in for energy to use for his own means. The Titans powers give him a sort of weakened creation kit compared to Sackboy, but still enough to destroy entire sections of Bunkum judging by dialogue and visual wears. ( these sections, on the map, are at least the size of small continents. )

Sackboy, on the other hand, may be Low-4C. While beings such as Larry Da. Vinci are incapable of creating whole new planets due to being deemed " creative but not creative enough to create a whole new planet", Sackpeople appear to be the exception to the rule. They are able to create planets at least the size of the earth, even despite their tiny size. In fact, for all we know, they could be capable of creating much larger things if there weren't in-game restrictions to avoid any errors or bugs. In fact, if the entire series is deemed canon, Sackboy has in fact made a small solar system (minus sun), seeing every one of his custom Earths are separate planets. ( i.e. Sackboy's Earth in LBP1 is a different planet than LBP PSP's version. )

The rest of this post will be broken into two sections, one for the rest of Newton's revisions, one that applies to both, and the rest of Sackboy's.

Newton:

• Without the Titans, Newton's attack strength is equal to how the page already lists ( Building strength ) him due to his tech being the most advanced in the series. With the Titans controlling his body, he could range anywhere from city to continent, judging by how his speech on the Titans implied they did have control over the whole planet at one point, due to being able to warp reality.
  • Base Newton's Range needs no change. However, Titan!Newton has range of kilometers, seeing as he was able to suck up the creativity of the Manglewood, Ziggurat, and Bunkum Lagoon in one location. It's even implied that if he made it to the core of the planet, he could have a planetary range and suck up all of the planet's resources.
  • All of the Powers displayed in Sackboy's profile are universal, meaning they are shared towards Newton, but to a lesser extent, due to his lack of popit. He can still invent things that serve the same function as Sackboy's gadgets, but less efficient.
  • Newton shows in the ending of the game that he has durability of at least a small city, seeing as the explosion he barely escapes from in the ending is enough to level Bunkum Lagoon if it was lower.
Both:

• All Creator Curators in the "Craftverse" have infinite stamina with the popit, and even without the popit, they are only limited to the parameters they've set for themselves. Even killing them to the point that a checkpoint is disabled means they just have to start the area over again from the beginning.
Sackboy:

• Due to the Popit allowing him to freeze time, Sackboy is technically capable of building absolutely anything without any preparation, just as long as he knows what he needs. Remember that what he can make is only limited to one's imagination.
  • Sackboy is able to redefine how reality works with his popit, meaning that all of the things built by the community over the entire series could feasibly be used by Sackboy at any given moment, as the community is treated as canon according to the Narrator.
  • Sackboy does have fourth-wall awareness, seeing as your Sackboy is your avatar for yourself in the Craftverse, meaning that anything you would know is shared with him. There also exists a tool that allows Sackboy to use the Create Mode popit's cursor ( allows manipulation of any object, freezing it in place without being able to move in any way. ) and in LBP3's Create Mode, one could create tools and weapons that could feasibly copy all of the Popit's functions.
On a side note, it's still kinda cold how Sackboy gave Newton the cold shoulder in the end.

Can we get more attention on this, it's been a month and there's no edits, whereas Kratos is still updated...

We may want to ask an admin to look over these new changes.

Before we do, however, I strongly recommend you gather up evidence to support the CRT, otherwise, it will not be accepted.

I would help, seeing as I'm on the Supporters side for the LBP verse, but I'm currently quite busy with quite a few things.

You should first check for the people listed under supporters and neutral in the LittleBigPlanet verse page, and ask them to comment here via their message walls.

If that does not work out, you can use the VS Battles Staff page instead, to ask some of the administrators and discussion moderators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqoZCqBP5-s Evidence seen at 4:05, 19:11, 19:42, 45:50 for Newton's Capabilities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVXNBEMkZSU Evidence seen through 2:07 on Sackboy's connection to player

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE2Tm_SoDVTTQ6F32xc7t1K1RZgtqx3w_ Entire Playlist of Sackboy's abilities with Popit described to player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl6d3ejCcsw Animation is off, but this is what happens to a Sackperson upon death

https://youtu.be/snYesM-VdDk?t=158 What happens to a Sackperson upon their final death (Checkpoint Extra Lives Used up )

If I need to provide more, Thespeedforce21 and Antviasma, let me know

I am far too busy to properly evaluate this, but you can ask a few VS Battles Staff members (specifically administrators and discussion moderators) to help out with commenting here if you wish.

Newton does likely need a seperate key for the titans. They /did/ threaten Bunkum as a whole and was relatively implied to be as big as a threat as the Negativitron, shouldn't he be granted Planet Level for absorbing the power of the titans?

Antvasima said:
I am far too busy to properly evaluate this, but you can ask a few VS Battles Staff members (specifically administrators and discussion moderators) to help out with commenting here if you wish.
I would appreciate if somebody could do this.

Here are some suggestions:

SomebodyData

Darkanine

Reppuzan

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Soldier Blue

Monarch Laciel

Assaltwaffle

Saikou The Lewd King

Kepekley23

Gemmysaur

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

A bit of a necro but I'd like to add onto this.

I do believe that Newton after the Titans' absorption should be 5-B or somewhere near that level since the 3 titans were said to have threatened the state of Bunkum. Not only that but they as well fought Toggle, Swoop and Oddsock who are all roughly comparable to Sackboy, even if they didn't succeed they should likely scale to the 3 heroes.

Please follow my earlier instructions for contacting knowledgeable members and staff, or nothing will happen here.

Anyway, creating planets the size of Earth is only considered as 5-B, not Low 4-C, and the other statistics preferably need calculations.

I was typing out a long explanation as to why I agree as well as further elaborating on some stuff, but after another quick look, I really don't think I need to.

I agree with this revision.

I would appreciate if you could summarise what you want done and why in an easily understood manner.

You preferably need accepted calculations as basis for the statistics, as we cannot go by guesswork.

The specific points for Newton and Sackboy mostly seem to make sense, but I am not certain, especially about the Small City level rating and infinite stamina.

Sackboy should have FTL reactions, if not higher, since he can pilot the pod, which can travel between planets (and likely go further distances, haven't played in a while) in seconds.

Vehicle speed doesn't scale to the user, you don't see the Star Wars cast being MFTL+ out of an spaceship.

Not in that way either, you don't rate someone driving a car as superhuman in speed in any fashion by themselves, for example.

This is a very old thread. I do not remember what it was about any more, and you should preferably not bump them.

Back