• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Which stats are you looking at, exactly? Because there's three sections for her and I'm pretty sure the one that's City+ is corralated to that of her Fate route stats.

The Mountain one is scaled to her fighting Lancelot who is Mountain Level for being around the same strength as Hercules. It doesn't make sense that she's as strong as someone who is as strong as someone who is stronger than her.

Gargoyle One said:
Hercules is 385 Megatons
That's not baseline
He deflected a weakened Excalibur's swings, the Excaliblast is what is 385 megatons and that's not what he deflected. He's baseline because he has a Mountain busting statement.

Not true, he deflected a weakned excaliber in the fate route before his death, and a full powered Saber is around his level of strength

Again, where exactly are you reading her stats right at? She has one for Zero, one for FSN or her own route, and I believe the last one is when she contracted under Rin during the latters route.

@Dragon: Right...

Anyways, yes you got the scaling right there. Saber from Zero when she fought in that war wasn't as strong when she was summoned in FSN. Her ranking is only B because she had Shirou as her master and given his lackluster-ish Magi circuits and not being able to pump her with more power or however htat works again.

Also, I'm really just astonished of how you managed to mix up those two statistics there.

It's cause I was in another thread and we were talking about Herc's stats then Saber was mentioned and a pic was uploaded of Saber's mountain class in one key and it looked like she was mountain class across all keys.

@Dragon: Looks like some people didn't give themselves another minute to read it over carefully.

Whoever posted that clearly didn't bother to explain her ranks from Zero and FSN.

Idk how to answer that part. Her highest ranking at her peak is A rank. No + modifier like Hercs, just a solid A.

Where did you get that? Rank up on an A rank stat just makes it A+ if not outright EX, so it's either 100 or 250+. Unless I'm missing something here.

Yeah it seems a bit off, I thought that was with Mana burst, but it seems to be placed as striking power. Saber definitely does not bust mountains with a swin, so it should get lowered to Building level.

Also can we not scale using ranks, cause ranks are very hilariously out of wack currently at TM.

Ceiling for strike power is Quetz from FGO chapter 7, who actually have mountain level strike power. But Quetz also is a divine spirit having full access to her divine spirit power (not servant power), and have NP precisely based on pile-driving.

So the wiki says the only time that Saber had A rank STR was when Rin was her master during UBW. Is this incorrect?

But we're scaling Saber(Zero) to Mountain for being able to fight Lancelot who is scaled to Hercules because Herc and Lance both have an A in str. Saber(Zero) has a B in str though.

Solacis said:
Where did you get that? Rank up on an A rank stat just makes it A+ if not outright EX, so it's either 100 or 250+. Unless I'm missing something here.
Rank up means + 10. 50+10 doesn't make it 100 or 250+. In Cu Alter's case it says CON is ranked up while STR becomes EX.

I know that's the case from E to B rank, but since EX is technically the next step up in rank despite the massive difference in unit value, the actual meaning's pretty muddled.

Assuming that A goes up to some arbitrary 'rank' - based on previous increase patterns - when it gets a "rank up" doesn't really sit well with me since as far as I know, there's never been a statement on that. Especially since said increase patterns are derived from a set of units that exist more for the sake of comparison than actual representation.

From my experience, most people on Beast Lair just take it that rank up is synonymous with adding a "+" modifier when it comes to A rank - since it's more sensible than jumping straight to EX and can actually be represented in established stat designations.

"For sake of argument, let's assume that a normal value is 1. In that case, E would be 10. And, every rank after that adds another 10, all the way up to A, which is 50. "

Rank up is +10 as the entry says. Assuming that rank up gives it the power to temporarily double in strength doesn't make sense to me.

From the discussions I have seen on BL they mostly don't. They treat it as a imaginary 60 rank. It makes more sense to me that Arondight gives Berserkerlot imaginary 60 rank than A+ STR.

"And every rank after that adds another 10, all the way up to A". That's what I'm talking about. It says nothing about rank ups beyond A rank. Since it doesn't have a designation, we can't assign it one for the sake of convenience. Rank up either means the "next step up" or the "next named rank" - which is either A+ or EX; either a x2.0 modifier or a x5.0 modifier. It's never been stated to be a "+10 arbitrary units", just that every rank before that had intervals of 10 units.

From the perspective of lore, it makes a bit of sense. The Class Containers can only hold so much power, and the ranks can be seen as a sort of unit of measure for how much is being held within it. It can be assumed then, that EX is a sort of "overflow" due to it being defined as a designation for parameters and abilities that cannot be measured by the Grail System. As such, the massive change in what's considered a "rank up" post-A rank can be attributed to this understanding.

Essentially, what I'm getting at is that we can't just assume that the phrase "rank up" is synonymous with "+10 units" when the only official statement concerning it refers to the differences between ranks "up to A rank". The safest thing we can do is round it off to the next smallest increase that's been given an official designation, or otherwise follow the meaning of the phrase "rank up" literally and go straight to baseline EX (250 units).

Rank ups mean the next letter grade, like going from C->B or A->EX. For example, King Hassan's Chaldea stats are B/A/B/E/E/A in terms of STR/END/AGI/Mana/LCK/NP, but his real stats are all a rank higher, making it A/EX/A/D/D/EX. There's no doubling involved here since there are no pluses involved in rank ups. Same goes for EX being 5x A, this is fanon and is not supported anywhere.

Back