• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And your point? EX is still a representation of scale. Endless food can be considered unquantifiable since the amount of energy required to make said food is equally endless based on thaumaturgy's principle of equivalent exchange. Suppose if you repurpose that energy into an offense, said offense would be ranked EX, no?

I've yet to see that NP being used to lauch endless food at enemies.

It was just elaborating on EX being "unquantifiable" rather than "above A+++"

EX is unquantifiable in that the Grail System can no longer measure it, either because of how it works or the scale that it works on. In terms of the latter, EX is still considered the next rank after A+++ because that's the highest rank so far that the Grail can quantify.

And what I meant in my last reply is that if a scenario ever came up that the energy used to make the endless food is instead used as fuel for an attack, then the attack would also be considered EX since it's basically an unquantifiable amount of mana being fired as an attack instead of being converted into food.

It still comes down to A being ranked up to either A+ or EX. I don't really have a preference, though I get the feeling that going with EX would mess with a lot of scaling.

Then you have Herc having A+ STR when ME isn't fully working and he doesn't have EX STR when it is fully working either. Cu Alter's armor thing could just say that it ranks up his STR and CON instead they specify that his STR becomes EX.

With Cu Alter, that description could just be an outlier, for all we know. We're not the only ones who aren't clear on what exactly a rank up after A rank means. After all, Nasu didn't write Cu Alter's profile, Higashide did, so there might have been some irregularities in wording. Also, Heracles' displayed stats already have full ME applied to them, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.

I doubt that, they usually fix stuff that's wrong in lore like Higashide accidentally copy pasting old Kosmos description with the limitations. If it was part of the rank up it would have said that it ranks up his STR to EX, instead it's a separated and says his CON is ranked up, while his STR becomes EX. When Herc is summoned by Chaldea his ME isn't fully working. Illya suppresses his ME as well yet he still has A+ STR, if it always displays his stats with full ME even when he is weaker and not getting full effect that seems weird.

Anyway we are derailing and the original question has been answered so this thread should be closed.

Back