• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWFC6: Old First

CrimsonStarFallen said:
PsychoWarper said:
"... uh what?" Jackson says confused.
"You know, i had a feeling this would happe" I wisper to Jackson with a annoyed expression.
"Ugh... first we're forced to do these stupid challenges and now we fail due to an oversized hamsters taste" I say tired and annoyed.

[Courage]

The note reads:

"Keep away from skull."

And:

"The orb is somewhere wet."

And:

"The book is inside of a building."

There's a map on the back. The cabin you're currently in is near the center.

Other points of interest are the forest (you came from), a swamp, a church, a castle, a prison, a cemetery, a lake, a shrine, a village, a school, a mine, a lighthouse, and a field.

"Alright then. Stay away from skulls. Probably shouldn't go to the cemetery. But wait, what if that's the test? Skulls are assosiated with death, and I'm not a conventional living thing, so this means..."

"Don't"

"I should go to the cemetary!"

"Son of a glitch..."

"I wouldn't have said that we could cover more ground if we split up, but it's true and at least only one of us would get screwed if they found the monster."

I telepathically say to Ilia and The

"Who's going where?"

"Huh interpretation...then..." *I look within my flames and then within the depths of my soul...this maybe dangerous but for once I gotta be the one goating*

"Nacht you hear me? FFS need a bit of a favour for once"

"Though what's in it for me?"

"Well you get to go wild for that old fart really"

"Hm well that does sound promising but...you know what you have to gift"

"Yep. I hate it but I might as well you know"

"Good then..." *Nacht then stabbed the depths of my soul as in reality I started to shoot blood and my organs spit out of my mouth with my eyes bleeding black*

"GRAAAAAAGHHHHHH...HAHAHA. If your resolve is strong kid I'll let you take over! Make this power yours if you want to live! Or your friends may get caught in the cross-fire! If you can control even a bit of this power then you'll pass" *My body's eyes turned into an unnatural shade of black as the flames intensify the area and attacks the surrounding room. My back has get black wings with blood spraying all over me. Getting ready to die and sell my soul sucks! But I'll make sure for this son of a gun to submit to me even for a bit...THIS WILL BE MY STRENGTH*

[Patience]

"Hello there." the man responds to Blane and Uber, smiling as the latter sits beside him.

"Oh and um, welcome to the Patience trial." he says to Blane specifically.

"I'm told this is the easiest one, so... Feel free to relax and make yourself comfortable."

He takes a long sip of tea from his mug. A little too long in fact. You start to wonder if the man even needs to breathe. He might be a while.

[Speed]

"It's a dragon!" she gasps.

"A baby dragon?" another girl asks.

It seems the other kids can't contain their curiosity any longer, as they start rushing over in droves.

"Is it a boy dragon or a girl dragon?"

"I don't know."

"I've never seen one in person."

"Where did it come from?"

Eventually word spreads to the entire playground of your appearance and the kids can't seem to get enough. Pretty soon you've amassed a following of every kid in the park. They're all absolutely elated, at least, except for one.

"What's so exciting about some dumb little dragon? I bet it can't even breathe fire."

[Cooking]

"It was some of the best food I've ever tasted... but it didn't fulfill the conditions of the challenge. It was, how do I put this? Mundane? Cooking is about more than just making delicious food. A true chef must be able to set him or herself apart from the rest. You should be able to make something that only you can make. Everything was great, but there wasn't anything particularly special about it. Although... I think the sauce on the egg rolls impressed me the most.

THAT SAID!!! The food you made moved me so much, that I'm willing to give you another shot! This never happens, so understand how much I'm giving you. That last loss will cost you 0 hearts.

I can tell the two of you aren't novices, so I'll be switching things up a bit."

She jumps back into the cabin, creating a second hole in the roof.

"This is amazing, to think she'd give someone a second chance! You guys are the first, so you'd better make the most of this opportunity." the chef proclaims.

Giant speech bubbles appear from the cabin once again to reveal the following:

"Pineapple". "Seafood". "Dairy".

along with:

"Something sweet", "Something raw", and "No eggs."

"The rules are the same as before." the chef says, "but in case you forgot":

"The guardian has once again requested a 5 course meal! The dishes it consists of are for you to decide, but must include the following: appetizer, drink, salad, entree, soup, dessert. It must also fulfill the conditions she's set (above). It can all be a part of one dish, spread out among individual dishes, or anywhere, so long as each is in the course at least somewhere. With that, you're free to begin the trial. Return here when you're ready to serve your course."

[Something only he can make… time to cook Ea.]

Patience trial… I'm not sure what that means… I guess I'll find out once it's over.

I sit down, and go silent. No need to do anything huh… I guess I haven't felt that in a while… it's nice.

Blank_expression.png

"Fine then, i'll do this myself."

Enkidu flies into the lake and pulls out a octopus. The rest of what i need is dropped from GoB.

Starting with Drinks, what may seen like a normal lemonade is actually a lemonade utilizing the first ever sweet lemon ever touched by humans. It is sweet, with a taste never before recorded.

The Salad is a standard eggless mayo salad, although there is also a bit of the unknown sauce mixed in.

Appetizer is a cheese noddle bowl, created by a Noble Phantasm capable into turning any food into noddle shape.

Dessert is a piece of a Pineapple cake, which was baked with Hellfire, giving it a exotic taste.

The main dish is a raw octopus covered in a translucent sauce that makes him extremely easy to chew. All of his tentacles have distinct but delicious taste.

"There, i'm done"

Please no more

@Ed the younger

[Which cards/How many?]

@Monarch

He gets out of the bed.

"Oh. Hello. You need to get out of this cave before time runs out."

Something's strange about his response. It's almost as if he was compelled to answer.

Jane:

"Compel to answer...could it be? Anyway, how is he annoying?"

Thinking about something, I personally lead the boy out of the cave for now.

THE2:

Seeing all the game, THE2 think of an idea, but first he wait for Jane to finish questioning the kid.

"I just need to get out of the cave do I? That's interesting, your brother said I need to bring you both to the exit."

"What lies down the centre path?"

[Strength]

Through your combined attack, the remaining knights are completely annihilated without a trace. When the noise dies down, it almost sounds as if the king was... laughing for a second.

"Yes... I can see through your resolve that you have the potential to pass this trial. You'd be willing to uphold your ideal strength even if it killed you. Therefore, I have one final trial for you, the results of which will determine whether you pass or fail.

There's something you still don't seem to understand, and for that reason your idea of strength is flawed. I'll say this only once. A puppet that only dances to its master's strings has no strength of its own."

Saying this, glowing threads shoot from the king's fingers and into Kura's body, latching onto her. She stands still for a few seconds, before pulling a few of the strings out.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you, but these types of abilities don't work on me."

Before Kura can finish her sentence, a powerful red aura envelops her, forcing her body to constrict.

"Wh-What?!" she gasps.

"Such things are for the strong to decide." the king responds.

Kura's body starts to relax. She turns around to face you with blank eyes. Now controlled by the king, Kura walks towards you with baton in hand. You can sense her murderous intent.

"Strength to you is being able to protect your loved ones. Show me how the strong will act when they're forced to fight the ones they wish to protect!"

Kura rushes for the two of you with a diagonal strike using her baton. Her movements are slightly off, and slower than usual. You can react to them.

"Ho, so you're going to use her then huh...I should turn her to ashes but I think I'll have to make sure I don't implode myself..." *We then started to talk in my head*

"This is real bad...but Nacht...how about this..." *I quickly give him the scenario of my plan which is completely reckless and stupid beyond belief. But...my resolve won't waver*

"HAHAHA that is stupid alright! Foolish but you're resolve let it shine like the flames" *In that millisecond Nacht turned to Silas* "Whatever your name um...Silas cover for me and help me do something else" *We literally run up to her. It really was a stupid plan as...I close in to take the strike fully and hug her stopping her moments and spray my bleeding corpse both her sight and the kings likely to blind them a bit. This will hurt like a sucker but...if he wants to protect our love ones mind as well put things on the line. Using my wings to attack the king while I do everything immobilize Kura with all my might and hoping Silas helps me with this*

"I'm no puppet. I'm doing this because I want to! Protect my loved ones? That's exactly what I'm going to do!"

I channel my energy into my fist, creating a swirling black fire around it. I spread my aura throughout the room and attempt to help Genesis hold Kura still by paralzying her with it. However, this isn't the main goal of my move and I start running in Kura's direction with my fist blazing. I get closer and closer...before revealing that it was just a distraction to make everyone think I was going to hit her by jumping above Kura and Genesis and blasting the king in the face with my fire.

[Strength]

The king takes both of your attacks head on, remaining seated while his head is engulfed in flames. Kura collapses into Genesis as she's released from her strings. The king starts to laugh.

"YES! THAT WAS THE RIGHT ANSWER!"

For the first time since you entered, the rises from his throne, seemingly unbothered by the fire. He drags his mountain of a sword behind him before plunging it into the ground by his feet. The castle walls are blown away as the surroundings transform into a war-torn battlefield where rampant fire paints the stormed sky red.

"You fully understand what strength means, now show me that you have it!"

He raises his sword, calling a maelstrom of the elements to pour from the clouds. Thunder, Fire, Ice, Wind and Earth shoot from the sky towards each of you.

"Ho? This decoration does seem to make you feel older don't you think? But this will be interesting" *Nacht patch some of Kura's wounds with my flames (if she has) and he patched up my body then he started to ask me from within* "So you think you can handle it now?"

"Well..." *My soul started to burn more and more as I lost myself within but I didn't give up and pressed on*

"Hah seems you're more stubborn than I thought. I'll let you take over this time. You have to also show me whether you can control the flames even a little" *Nacht and I switched bodies as I return to my senses fully. Dammit all the pain was felt all at once but I checked Kura out as she was held in my arms*

"Well at least random yolo worked. So...old man...I guess we could say you're the true final boss eh? Figured as much"

Monarch Laciel said:
"I just need to get out of the cave do I? That's interesting, your brother said I need to bring you both to the exit."
"What lies down the centre path?"
I manipulate sound waves so the same question is posed to the boy in the other room.

Jackson after thinking for a bit realised how few opinions he had, so he went with what he did have even if they werent ideal,

For the drink he made a light drink with a pineapple cube on the rim.

For the main dish he pulled out on of the many trapped souls warping it to a more pleasant looking state.

For the soup he took several souls and mixed them with light to form an ever churning soup.

For the appetiser he made simple jalape├▒o poppers and cheese but using intense light to cook them.

For the desert he used his ability to freeze on a soul before molding it into an Ice Cream cone.

"Well... I guess thats all I got" Jackson says unsure.

[One big post mode initiated]

[Strength]

Kura is unconscious but unharmed. It seems she went back into "hibernation" mode.

The raining attacks explode on impact, dealing excessive damage if not guarded against.

[Speed]

"Hmph. You're just a little pipsqueak. There's nothing cool about you at all."

[Wisdom]

@Andy

Something's strange about his response. It's almost as if he was compelled to answer.

"He's obnoxious, rarely cleans up after himself, always lies, never takes anything seriously-"

He continues listing things until the two of you have left his room. @Monarch

Something's strange about their response. It's almost as if they're compelled to answer.

Right Twin: "Elephants."

Left Twin: "Doors."

As Jane leads the left twin out of his room, the door closes behind them and disappears.

The number 5 appears above both of the boy's heads.

"And so it begins." Says the ferret.

[Beauty]

This door disappears. Nobody likes this door.

[Courage]

@Hl3 The field is empty.

@WHY You feel some kind of magic emanating from inside the lake.

@The Your scanners pick up that one of the graves is a fake, and is actually the door to a hidden underground passage.

[Patience]

After what seems like an eternity, Arabesque finishes playing and the record player stops.

"Ah. Would one of you kindly choose the next song for me? They're right there on the shelf."

The man points to a shelf beside the record player.

[Luck]

You roll two 100s for a total of 200.

They roll two 4d20s a 10d6 for 97.

You win again.

The girls are all amazed.

"I-Impressive! If you win again you'll have completed the challenge!"

The bunny girl thinks to herself.

"Well... It's already pretty obvious that you're gonna win, so... how about this?"

TA-DA!!!

A gold coin with the bunny girl's face on it appears in your hands.

"Congratulations on passing the Trial of Luck! If you choose to leave the room now with your coin, the trial will be complete. Although... if you're feeling particularly lucky, you can stake your win on one final game with yours truly. Win ONCE, and you'll be able to advance as if you completed the trial not one, but three times! What's your choice?"

[Cooking]

The guardian tries Azencard's meal first.

"...!"

Similar to before, the rodent gobbles it all down one by one. A choir of angels can almost be heard singing as it cleans the last plate.

"Everything here was exquisite. Nobody else in existence could have created something like this. Azencard, you pass!"

It wipes a tear from its eye.

Next, Jackson.

"This is...!"

The hamster looks into the table set before her.

"It's the first time anyone tried serving something this bizarre... W-Well! In the name of fine cuisine!"

She hesitantly begins digging in.

"The drink is nice.

Hmm. Interesting! I've never had a meal try to run away from me before. Well, one raw soul down the hatch!

Wh-Whaaaa! I'm on fire?!

Oooh this ice cream is..!"

She took her time enjoying everything.

Finally done, the hamster looks over to Jackson. Parts of her fur are completely burned off, others frozen, and there's a strange smoke coming out of her eyes.

"That. Was terrible. You pass."

I bow to the chef.

"It was my honor."

I then immediatly fly out as fast as i can possibly fly.

"GET ME THE HELL OUT OF HERE!"

I blast myself through the door.

I feel like i've been there for goddamn months. No matter. I look at what doors are left.

Monarch Laciel said:
I ask one of the kids "what would your brother say if I asked him what we have to do to win the trial"
[Which one? (I know what you're thinking but this is actually relevant)]

[Cooking]

You both feel something inside you grow, and get transported back to the main room.

The Cooking, Beauty, and Luck doors are gone. Strength and Patience are locked. You can enter any of the other rooms. (Speed, Wisdom, Courage)

The meter next to the giant door in the middle has gone up a little bit.

Back