• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 7 CRT - 1 Year Late

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Yeah ok, this took way too long to happen but it's happening.

I was going to link feats for each of these points but Rooster Teeth took all their shit off of YouTube and I don't want to give their website traffic, so if anything isn't alarmingly obvious I'll cite it if requested.

Scaling / Major Tier Upgrades

• Overall, nothing crazy. There's a few good feats but sort of nothing past what we already have.
  • RWBY, JNR, Oscar : Go through another round of training. We're kind of getting a trend where every two Volumes they train, get stronger. Miles and Kerry channeling shounen energy here. The training doesn't actually give them a new tier or very much upscaling purely based on feats - however if we see new feats in Volume 8 that the crew scales to this is where we will likely cut the line. Oscar has a feat where he busts some inordinate amount of rock but that probably doesn't scale to anyone because of him slowly regaining Ospin's power/memories.
  • Penny : Penny 2.0 scales to or above the Ace Ops and current cast. T-Poses on Cinder until she brings out Maiden powers. Resists temperatures that freeze through Aura and is straight-up freezing air solid.
  • Winter : T-Poses on Cinder until Maiden powers comes in like basically everyone on the show at this point. Should scale to Vol 7 crew if she doesn't already.
  • Watts : Fights evenly with Ironwood, both physically and with weapons. Has a bunch of powers that will be described below.
  • Fria : T-Poses on Cinder like basically every other Maiden at this point. Makes shit very cold, but doesn't really do anything above what we say Maidens are at right now.
  • Ace Operatives : All are High 8-C and scale some amount above the end-of-volume-6 crew. They're the best huntsmen in Atlas and represent, alongside prime Grimm Reaper, the absolute peak of huntsmen scaling/tiering. And team RWBY beats them in a evenly-matched fight at the end of the Volume.
  • Thicc Grimm Mammoth : >>> End-of-Volume 7 Penny and Ruby. It required Penny to heat its tusk to red-hot temperatures and Ruby tripping it up onto its own tusk to actually put it down. ***** on an Ace-Op and nearly stomps her to death. Penny couldn't even lift it, which I think is an anti-feat for Class K huntsmen but that debate's for later.
  • Grimm Whale : ******* huge. It causes a storm around itself just by moving around, is larger than Atlas. No idea what tier this is but it probably pisses all over the Wyvern as the strongest Grimm creature now.
  • If I'm missing any, just holler.

Powers

• Jaune: Light Manipulation/Forcefield Creation with Hard Light Dust, Gravity Manipulation with Gravity Dust
  • Yang: Has sticky grenades she can detonate after releasing from Ember Celica. Can just be listed under her already existing explosion manip.
  • Vine/Elm : Standard Aura Powers, Energy Projection and Statistics Amplification (for Elm) with Semblance
  • Harriet : Standard Aura Powers, Statistics Amplification (Speed) with Semblance.
  • Marrow : Weird as hell. Standard Aura Powers, Paralysis Inducement (tenative label) with Semblance
  • Clover : Standard Aura Powers, Probability Manipulation / Supernatural Luck with Semblance.
  • If I'm missing any, just holler.

Couple Retroactive Changes​

• Sword beam is no longer 8-B when we take into account more realistic volume ratios for metal in armored aircraft. This also means that this calcfrom Rusty should be disregarded since it just assumes an arbitrary volume ratio that doesn't hold up to extremely basic scrutiny. I'll repost my debunk of that feat here. Thus Penny should just have a flat High 8-C rating.
    • Just to demonstrate how mind-numbingly wrong this calc method is, if we just take the empty fuselage volume of a Boeing 747 (smaller by volume than the entire plane by a bunch), 876 cubic meters and calc the weight with Rusty's method, saying it's 40% Aluminum by volume for ... reasons ... that's 350.4 cubic meters of solid freaking Aluminum. Aircraft grade aluminum alloy has a density of 2.810 g / cm^3, so that's a whopping 984624 kg of metal. An entire Boeing 747 weighs 41145 kg, your math was off, for a fraction of the volume, by an entire order of magnitude or 23x. I don't care how aerodynamic these dropships are, but at least use material ratios that aren't pulled straight out of your rear end.
    • Bit more quippy than I'd like but it gets the point across.
    • This shouldn't result in any match removals as far as I'm aware of.
  • This calc and this calc don't understand extremely fundamental stuff regarding dust. Ice Dust doesn't freeze air or water to form ice crystals, it just spontaneously generates the ice similar to other elemental dusts like rock dust. Weiss can use it to freeze things, however the calc used ice she created above the water, not the water that she froze around that. Multi-City Block level durability for her ice is also entirely unjustified on the profiles and makes zero sense whatsoever, since the durability feats purely consisted of "unable to be broken by High 8-C characters", which isn't 8-A by several orders of magnitude. Also the second calc wasn't ever accepted so 🤷‍♂️
    • tl;dr: 8-A Ice Dust isn't real, 8-A Ice Dust durability is even less real. Weiss's Ice should just be delegated to "higher" in Durability with the citations that it restrains characters similar to her AP.
    • This shouldn't result in any match removals as far as I'm aware of.

Citations Project​

Currently, Weiss' profile has proper citations, with each instance of powerscaling, each relevant feat, and most of her major powers linked with references. Please use this as an example for adding references to other RWBY profiles, and I'll be trying to do this to other pages that are very lacking.

Code:
Put this code after an explaination of a feat:

<ref>[linktofeat.com Volume X Chapter X]</ref>

Then put this code after the "Others" section.

==References==
{{scroll box|content={{reflist|2}}}}

If anyone would like to mark themselves down for a profile to fix just post here about it.

Placeholder Section​

I'll leave a section here if people want to bring up other changes to RWBY.

Dargoo and Weekly agreeing on a revision..?

Guess it's acceptable, then.

just want to say some feats:
1 In the battle against fnki it seems that Jaune defeats Flynt Coal the same guy who defeated Weiss in volume 3 and, and parried an attack from Killer Quartet
2 the sticky grenades are so strong to kill a Megoliath
3 Elm is so strong that can lift and throw a Megoliath as well at one shot two of them with Timber's rocket launcher

I'm pretty sure the team prior to Ace Ops training could be argued to OHKO Megoliaths regardless but supporting feats help, yeah.

Theoretically it should, although this thread is also debunking the calc, so it's sort of not going on there regardless.

Meh, fair.

Cinder still kinda sucked in that fight outside of when she used her maiden powers

Activating Maiden Powers doesn't actively amp her anyway. It just gives her more abilities. (Although they can generate more powerful attacks, ex: Storm)
Besides that, she doesn't have a base vs transformed/ampped state. It's just Cinder. Also yeah Cinder was giving the hands to Winter and Penny simultaneously. Winter was carrying Penny most of the confrontation as well.

Last edited:
Going from fighting on par with them to immediately stomping them

Also neo instantly recognizing the power difference when she was fighting cinder
Firstly, she was already bodying them. She used her flames to boost her speed and grabbed them but none of that necessarily means she got physically stronger. And it was only in that moment too. She didn't have the eye active while they fighting in sky. The only other time was her firing a fireball at Winter while she fell. Which is fine because her magic can be more powerful than her. Just like the storms they can create.

As for Neo, the only thing we can say is that she was intimidated. Which we can't even say for sure because Cinder was trying to convince her the entire time. Which she seemingly did after getting her attention. She doesn't have any sensory capabilities or anyway of knowing she stronger other than fighting her. She just suddenly pushed away by wind and Cinder starting flying. So its not surprise she's confused. I don't see how you can conclude she knew Cinder got stronger.

Are you saying to downgrade the Maidens, Ozpin/Ozma, and Salem to High 8-C physically, High 7-C/Low 7-B with magic? Or are you saying Tier 7 is an outlier? Please explain what you're trying to say, because I don't understand what you mean.

You do know that Raven and Cinder can take hits from each other's magical attacks (High 7-C)? Yet can still injure each other with their physical strikes, they're clearly far stronger when using Maiden powers. Cinder also got hit in the face by Raven's magic, with her Aura broken mind you, and was fine.

So this is not really specific to Volume 7, but I wanted to bring it up if it is fine. I believe Grimm should have Self-Sustenance Types 2 and 3. It was stated in the WoR that Grimm do not need to eat but choose to. And we have never seen Grimm get tired at all.

Well, I wasn't expecting to put in "T-Poses on Cinder" on Winter's/Penny's profile anyways.

Since there's little issue with the OP itself I'll get to applying it, nice.

It was stated in the WoR that Grimm do not need to eat but choose to. And we have never seen Grimm get tired at all.
Well, at least they didn't remove that from youtube.

It is stated that Grimm don't need to eat here, so I'm fine with adding that, however we don't/shouldn't use "have never seen X get tired" as a justification for Type 3. Is there a statement on the WoR video that they don't need to sleep?

Well, I wasn't expecting to put in "T-Poses on Cinder" on Winter's/Penny's profile anyways.

Since there's little issue with the OP itself I'll get to applying it, nice.

Well, at least they didn't remove that from youtube.

It is stated that Grimm don't need to eat here, so I'm fine with adding that, however we don't/shouldn't use "have never seen X get tired" as a justification for Type 3. Is there a statement on the WoR video that they don't need to sleep?
I couldn't find a statement on that so you can just put Type 2. It just made sense as Grimm are always portrayed as a relentless force that never stops.

It just made sense as Grimm are always portrayed as a relentless force that never stops.
I agree with that personally and my headcanon is that they don't need to sleep, I just need a solid statement to attach to the profiles as evidence before I add it, is all.

Back