• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salem additions: Magic, resistance to life force absorption and maybe some soul shenanigans (grimm puddle couldn't end her due to "infinite life force"), Regenerationn (Mid to Low-High. possibly higher if we consider certain factors.), all the powers of the maidens, immortality (Type 1 and 3.)

SchroKatze said:
possibly higher if we consider certain factors.), all the powers of the maidens,
What's the possibly higher coming from?

Also, why would she have all the powers of the maidens? They inherited the power to use magic from her right, but I don't see why that means she has their powers.

And we still dont get to see what that semblance/barrier thing of Ozpin's was even after all that though?

Also got some more slight proof that Ozpin taking over does buff them a little, assuming that one guy was complete aura-less fodder.

Because, as stupid as it is, all magic is capable of doing anything anyone can, and there is no way that an eons old woman that trained one of the maidens couldn't figure this stuff out.

Also, why doesn't she go in and personally slap all her enemies?

I don't think it was ever mentioned that Salem spent centuries on advancing her magic. After being immortal she went around gathering an army, after they died she was just wandering, and after Ozma reincarnated she just stayed with him. After that she just stayed in the Grimmlands.

What do you mean learn? She had her own bit of magic

But essentially, she only wants to maiens to open the vaults and collect all the relics, its Cinder who wants the powers

I see no realistic way how we can assujme that she has less skill in magic than someone like amber, especially when they made their own personal cult.

(Spoilers afoot)

Relevant stuff:

• The G-Bros get their own (separate) profiles + Immortality Bestowal, Energy Projection, maybe Existence Erasure or Matter Manipulation (Erased or scattered Ozuma's corpse), Shapeshifting (Can turn into dragons) and Large Size (Type 1), Flight, Power Nullification (The Dark Bro. negated a hail of magical projectiles with a gesture)
  • The Dark Bro life wiped and shattered part of the moon so that should be looked into + The Light Bro threatened to wipe the world from existence
  • The Light Bro was able to function "between realms" so that's something to discuss
  • We still don't know why Salem can command the Grimm or why Silver Eyes are a thing so there's that

Pretty sure the dark bro negated them because it was his own power.

Salem likely can command em for the simple fact that she has exactly what the grim have.

Regen is Low-High since she came from a puddle.

Dark Bro doesn't have power null, he absorbed the powers and put it into one ball before life wiping.

Immortality Bestowal should just be Power Bestowal, they gave the humans magic too. Putting it in one just makes it less cluttered.

Salem's control of the grimm is good when they are within visual range or close, but it's not equal to that of a hivemind (EX: Tyranids and Zerg), otherwise she wouldn't need Cinder to cause mass panic as an "attack order".

Feats for Gods, low chance until the end of the series, considering they left Remnant for good until the Judgement Day. As for Salem, more feats only through more flashbacks, as fights with her will only happen late-end series.

Another question, how is Team RWBY supposed to defeat Salem, unless of course they're going to have help.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Hopefully they don't pull a Naruto and just leave the other characters in the trash power wise.
Agreed, the only place where I would aprove of RWBY characters getting power ups would be in fanfiction, and that's only if it is well explained.

I'm just saying like, for example take Jaune, Ren, and Nora. I don't want them to become the Chojis/Shikamarus of RWBY where them and team RWBY being comparable is a joke like Naruto and Sasuke.

G-Bros get Soul Manip. They cursed Oz and Salem's souls, tbf. Older Bro even talked to Oz's soul while he was in the limbo/between spiritual and material world (likely), and Salem stated that their souls transcended death. them life wiping can be considered life manip and matter manip, since they pretty much desintegrated Oz and etc

Does anyone else think that Dust is literally the dust of the humans who were killed by the God of Darkness? Dust has magical powers because it came from humans who can use magic.

Current humans were born from the dust of the previous humans.

Or am I overthinking it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back