• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just give it a possibly and wait for a calc

If we have locations there's some things that are guaranteed to be bare minimum ftl

WeeklyBattles said:
You dont need a timeframe
You do. because it could of taken 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years. You can't prove how fast they were going without a timeframe.

not to mention we don't even know where they went.

and WeeklyBattles said:
Except we know for a fact that the amount of time didnt take nearly that long
and we don't know where they were going.

occams razor. less assumptions is better. relativistic god brothers is still very good.

Sigh. Speed feats are literally based on timeframe and distance. Stop saying "but we have the distance so its ftl" if you don't have the actual timeframe.

>Occam's Razor

>Suggests a timeframe of 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 years

Please tell me you're joking. This is blatant downplaying. Specially seeing as it's ignoring all context for the God Brothers' role and relation to the world. They came to Earth from elsewhere in the universe, flying, and then later left, and can return again. They're not from the same solar system as Remnant, that much is obvious.

They're quite clearly capable of leaving and returning in timeframes comparable to that of human history.

>Not the same solar system as Remnant

Source, please.

The feat is relaivistic at most, just saying "muh interstellar" isn't going to give them FTL.

Seems like the sort of situation that would warrant a possibly

Though if we want to be conservative, spaceflight at relatavistic speeds isn't too unreasonable. Immortal beings have time. They can wait.

All context indicates that Schro. Remnan't system doesn't even seem to have other planets and the god just bailed to go **** off in space. I sincerely doubt he'd be anywhere near Remnant.

Doubt it's Relativistic unless you're suggesting they can't even move to the nearest system 4,000 years, not to mention the journey back.

For speed you should have them be unknown and mention that they can travel across such distances

Wow. Didn't take long for this to turn into a wankfest.

Let's teach primary school math to matthew, kids. follow me here, matthew. You may get confused.

How do you find the speed? distance/time. oops, we don't know how far they travelled. Math says not possible to find the speed. :)

How about we don't get super condescending over rwby yeah that'd be great

Unknown's probably the best option given how insanely vague this seems to be.

It's not a wankfest, and I would ask you to refrain from such comments again. There's no need to just come up to a thread of a verse you dislike only to start mocking people in it.

And in case you haven't followed my posts since the first, I started my statement by saying that it was to an "Unknown Degree". Or did you miss that? Or just blatantly ignored it in order to criticize a strawman.

Relativistic is a safe thing. The feat itself is in the relativistic range. Since you guys insist that they are faster and "muh interstellar distance", slap a "possibly higher" on the pages.

It's not in the relativistic distance. Literally the only relativistic thing is the God flying to the moon and ignoring the continued flight which grows in speed and rapidly disappears from sight.

And it would be better not to just dismiss arguments by inserting a "muh" over them.

Uh oh. Matthew still doesn't understand how to find the speed.

FTL to a unknown degree is just as wrong as saying they are ftl,mftl, etc. lets try this again. I'll even bold it.

How do you find the speed? distance/time. oops, we don't know how far they travelled. Math says not possible to find the speed. :)

Yes I saw what you said, but what you said was wrong. so tell me matthew, how did you mathmatically conclude they are travelling at least ftl?

Can you stop being so utterly condescending again by mockingly criticizing a strawman. I obviously know how speed is calculated.

I'm also not a downplayer who's ignoiring all wider context of the series to extrapolate the most outlandish ways to interpret the feat. At face value, the easiest assumption to make about the Gods traversing through space is that they can be FTL to an unknown degree.

It's not about mathematics it's about having common sense and good faith debating.

Kuu. Enough. I don't agree with solid ftl from just that either, but this attitude helps nobody.

KuuIchigo said:
So you can't prove it? ok. we good.
This is the third time on this thread alone you're continuing with the condescending attitude. What do you hope to achieve? You were warned thrice by staff members. You should have stopped at the first warning.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You're still being condescending and provocative. Everyone can see it because this is literally what you do in threads.
Isn't that why you nearly got demoted and banned though

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
Seems like people are ignoring this. Just drop the subject till we get more information. Both sides are using assumptions here so it's not gonna be of any use to continue arguing about it.
I'm not using assumptions. i'm using what is shown and proven.

Everyone just needs to drop this topic, since we clearly can't discuss this in a normal way without throwing shade at every turn. Further comments on the matter probably aren't sticking around, this is over and done with until someone makes a crt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back