• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who wants to be a sneaky pirate

https://www12.************.io/anime/rwby-volume-6-769679/episode-01-528783

Not a bad start tbh, but so was v5. Dont get hopes too high ppl

>Tries to watch on RoosterTeeth.com, remembering it was promised to be free

>Asks for a first membership

FORKING HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCKMATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I guess I'll have to wait a week just like with jojo

Also to this episode

> More evidence Aura is linked to semblances, if that wasn't more obvious

> Oscar not being able to reign in one of those grimms RWBY was completely beating, proving he still isn't as strong as them, and if anything, Ozpins soul (And since souls each have auras) is what makes Oscar so strong that he could somehow flinch Hazel (Who shouldnt flinch at anything tbh due to his semblance)

> Rip Sun confirming his only job in the series is to help Blake (But hopefully now can have his own stuff), but Neptune senses that this will affect his winning streak in the harem now that he is leaving her in Yangs arms.

Jinx666 said:
Also to this episode
> Oscar not being able to reign in one of those grimms RWBY was completely beating, proving he still isn't as strong as them, and if anything, Ozpins soul (And since souls each have auras) is what makes Oscar so strong that he could somehow flinch Hazel (Who shouldnt flinch at anything tbh due to his semblance)
>meanwhile he fought a skilled hunter in the form of Lionheart just last Volume

RWBY please

Tbh though, would you call Lionheart skilled? Plus how he stated that he wasn't the fighter he once was. That whole fight he was hilariously bad, even Hazel was telling him how much he sucked.

I suppose its nothing conclusive yet, but as these moments keep piling up, Oscar > everyone else is going to be that much clearer it may not be the case. Heck, Oscar was just getting shoved by Jaune in the intro.

Now gimme my Emerald Maiden burden and supportive brother Mercury

And Hazel

All in all though we shouldn't let inconsistencies from either volume drag RWBY down, all in all a decent first episode, only thing I found off was the guy having no apparent reaction other then Oh no, to one of his friends being dragged into the snow and likely killed, but whatever.

I will say the fighting while not as fast passed is actually entertaining and shows how the team has progressed and Blake had a lot of solid momments there, granted her showing some odd Deja Vu was a little odd and hasn't shown itself before but whatever, plus RWBY is still being way to nice on Oz after not telling them Grimm are attracted to the relic especially after possessing a boy from his home and dragging him into this mess.

Regardless, aside from those criticisms probably my favorite first episode of RWBY so far? Volume 4 was pretty bad, Volume 5 was okay, 1 set up the setting was decent, and 2 I loved but ultimately didn't move the plot along

Can we talk about the intro though?

Honestly the worst one, both song wise and visual wise.

For Visuals, it just made it seem way longer than it needed to, and it didnt really show us anyhting cool. and while the song wasn't terrible in parts, it nowhere near matched the hype from the previous 5.

Itll probably grow on me, but it honestly didnt feel like it could keep up.

The intro is meh. Not the worst one they've made, although if you asked me what I consider to be the worst intro I'd probably not have a solid answer either way.

Yeah the intro was pretty meh, but I felt that way about every intro vol 3 and onwards and I liked them later on

That said, Cinder is alive as shown by it.....Considering she's one of the worst written and mediocre acted characters in the series (And that pains me as I like Jessica Nigri and even MET her) they need to do a major overhaul if they want to make this not seem silly.

On second viewing of the Intro I was wrong, both of that characters hands are normal

I assume that's Neo? Or a new character but very unlikely

I'm hoping that we finally get larger-scale destruction feats and that the battle of Maidens in the last volume was them focusing all their power into their attacks ala Ki Control from Dragon Ball, and even then the focused energy still caused massive ripples of destruction.

Something like Jaune (Yes, the fodder boi) learning to harness his ki- I mean aura better and vaporizing a large chunk of forest or a massive Grimm. Literally any value over what they have now, I'm fine with D:

Sooo, going by the intro Qrow is going to die soon and we are going to see Neo again (I hope that hooded character is Neo). We also met the old bodies of Oz or personalities or whatever they are.

It's a shame Jaune is still alive but I'm ok with Neo back (pls).

Boi, Unicorn of War spotted that the hooded figure actually had a weird ass hand thats bandaged (The one with the sword), and the previous figure didn't.

So its actually Neo and Cinder.

Great.....Cinder's not dead....

Possession Grimm is a thing

But would a Grimm be able to control a human?

Because that would actually make Grimm pretty damn scary

Who knows? They already said in the show that new species of Grimm with new powers are found regularly so its not a stretch to say something like this could possibly exist, plus as far as we know, no one new has the Fall Maiden's powers now

Fuq, i wonder if Grimm taken over humans keep the maiden powers.

(Cause Maiden Emerald yes please, that seems to be why in the trailer Salem is talking to Emerald.)

WAIT ONE ACTUAL SECOND THOUGH.

ADEL MADE A GOOD POINT FOR ONCE.

WHEN WE SEE THAT HOODED FIGURE (CINDER) FIGHTING IN THE INTRO, WE CAN ACTUALLY SEE NEO'S UMBRELLA.

CINDER VS NEO?

Adel aka, he's just some RWBY critic (who nitpicks way too much imo)

But yeah, he paused that moment at the point where we can see an umbrella being used against someone fighting Cinder.

Plus when we see Neo getting startled cause someone slashed Roman's hat, thats most likely the fight initiator

I did not expect them to show that Cinder is still alive so early on in this Volume. Also looks like we're getting Ozpin's backstory next episode.

It's not really spoilers. We pretty much already know Cinder's still alive from the opening. And I only said Ozpin's backstory is next episode. I didn't mention anything about this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back