• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

I mean at this point, I feel like you’re ignoring key scenes of the show because they don’t vibe with you. Also, the bloodlusted part comes from where Cinder screams in unholy agony about her arm getting cut off and then wailing on Winter with impunity.
They dont vibe with a lot of people...RWBYs writing is bad and inconsistent, even the fans admit this.

The scenes constantly contradict and fold onto eachother. Aura, semblances, magic etc is all inconsistent in this show, its the reason RWBY is dumb to scale

Also Winter is pretty much one of the higher tier regular characters, Watts regarding her as Ironwood's best fighter and that Cinder was stupid for tryna jump her without a plan.

This is about whether Maiden powers actually...give you a physical buff at this point. They seem to just be amped special attacks

I mean I can't argue with you if you constantly have a bad faith argument about RWBY's writing. That isn't really fair to the show when you keep thinking that every feat you find questionable is due to bad writing and are not willing to see it in any other light.

I mean, again, she was. She had no reason to hold back against people she very much want to kill. She had no way of knowing that she had a bottemless pit to use for her plan. And again, an old lady dying with maiden powers was able to stop Cinder from touching her. That alone states that magic amps up physicality.

Yeah you arent understanding the context

She wanted to KILL them, she wanted the winter maiden powers, she wanted to get rid of Neo, she wanted to get back with salem etc. There are many things Cinder wanted, and as we saw with her interaction with Watts, she was trying to be smarter about it. She was actively trying to improve as a villain, tryna give her her Azula moment. She wasnt out of control bloodlusted, like she was when fighting Raven, she was much calmer and not displaying half as much power as she did in V5 or even against Ozpin/Pyrrha

She DID try to kill them, she thought letting them fall erased them completely. All she did was burn through Blake's rope after all, she wasnt absolutely out of control full power on them.

I mean I can't argue with you if you constantly have a bad faith argument about RWBY's writing. That isn't really fair to the show when you keep thinking that every feat you find questionable is due to bad writing and are not willing to see it in any other light.
RWBY is very bad writing. it doesnt mean i dont like it, but it is very notoriously inconsistent in its power scaling and story wise too

Did you watch V5?

How is it elementally based when she literally grabs Cinder's hand and stop her in her tracks?
Why are you attributing this to her maiden powers?

Why are you using this as a way to say the maiden powers buff you by how Cinder (who is also a maiden) is the one being overpowered? Where's Cinder's super strength? Fall Maiden and Winter Maiden powers are even.

Fria's display of actual power was her elemental manipulation.

Why are you attributing this to her maiden powers?

Why are you using this as a way to say the maiden powers buff you by how Cinder (who is also a maiden) is the one being overpowered? Where's Cinder's super strength? Fall Maiden and Winter Maiden powers are even.

Fria's display of actual power was her elemental manipulation.
So you’re saying that the dying old lady was suddenly as strong as the healthy young woman due to her own super strength? That’s absurd.

Didnt Fria grab Cinder by her weak aura-less Grimm Arm too?

The arm is pretty notable for not being that strong and is just used to absorb magic

Jinx, why are you even in this decision thread if you don't like the series 🗿
I do like RWBY, but im also not super biased and can criticise the really obtuse scaling here

Yall are using several calcs that are just wrong in the basic context and the scaling is just falling in on itself.

Didnt Fria grab Cinder by her weak aura-less Grimm Arm too?

The arm is pretty notable for not being that strong and is just used to absorb magic
Her grimm arm is just doesn't have aura around it, nothing is saying in the series the arm is weaker then her physical body's normal base durability without aura

So you’re saying that the dying old lady was suddenly as strong as the healthy young woman due to her own super strength? That’s absurd.
Bro, this is fiction.

You really cant stretch your imagination that its not realistic? There are SO many old dying characters that can still overpower people younger than them

You're literally comparing Frias strength to her maiden powers....when Cinder literally has the same powers and should have the same physical buffs though? And is this your only argument for it?

Her grimm arm is just doesn't have aura around it, nothing is saying in the series the arm is weaker then her physical body's normal base durability without aura
The arm is super weak and easily overpowered. Its literally one of Cinder's biggest weaknesses all for the sake of its ability to absorb magic

Any instance of Cinder overpowering someone with it...is just straight up inconsistent. Raven declares that her arm is weak and cant be protected by aura...but then struggles to overpower it????

Bro, this is fiction.

You really cant stretch your imagination that its not realistic?

You're literally comparing Frias strength to her maiden powers....when Cinder literally has the same powers and should have the same physical buffs
Fria is described as a fully realized maiden. Which means that she has had many more years of practice and experience than Cinder. Experience that let’s her use magic to match her physically

The arm is super weak and easily overpowered. Its literally one of Cinder's biggest weaknesses all for the sake of its ability to absorb magic

Any instance of Cinder overpowering someone with it...is just straight up inconsistent. Raven declares that her arm is weak and cant be protected by aura...but then struggles to overpower it????
Like I said, nothing in the series says her grimm arm is weaker then her base durability without aura, it seems weak because she has no aura covering It because it's grimm

Fria is described as a fully realized maiden. Which means that she has had many more years of practice and experience than Cinder. Experience that let’s her use magic to match her physically
Except this is never stated, the fully realized maiden powers are displayed through her intense ice elemental control, and its also possible Fria has her own aura and combat experience to briefly **** cinder up?

So you're saying like...Frias this weak old lady while also calling her a fully realized maiden?

This is a really bad point im sorry, this one display of physical cucking of Cinder (a maiden) to prove maidens get a physical boost is just...no?

Like I said, nothing in the series says her grimm arm is weaker then her base durability without aura, it seems weak because she has no aura covering It because it's grimm
"Aura cant protect your arm. Its Grimm"

The arm is easily sliced through by Winter (with no physical maiden buffs at this point by now), easily injured and an overall burden on Cinder in her quest for power. its literally a symbolistic way of saying shes power crazy.

The arm isnt strong and is only used for its magic absorption so that Cinder can directly get the maiden powers.

Except this is never stated, the fully realized maiden powers are displayed through her intense ice elemental control, and its also possible Fria has her own aura and combat experience to briefly **** cinder up?

So you're saying like...Frias this weak old lady while also calling her a fully realized maiden?

This is a really bad point im sorry, this one display of physical cucking of Cinder (a maiden) to prove maidens get a physical boost is just...no?
Yes because she’s amped by her magic. At this point, your blatantly ignoring multiple feats

Can someone like...give me ALL the examples as to why people think Maidens physically buff you to the same levels of power as the storm creation feat? The thing that actually gives its tiering?

The arm is easily sliced through by Winter (with no physical maiden buffs at this point by now), easily injured and an overall burden on Cinder in her quest for power. its literally a symbolistic way of saying shes power crazy.

The arm isnt strong and is only used for its magic absorption so that Cinder can directly get the maiden powers.
The arm was strong enough to pin down a maiden Raven lol.

Can someone like...give me ALL the examples as to why people think Maidens physically buff you to the same levels of power as the storm creation feat? The thing that actually gives its tiering?
We do. It’s just that you ignore them all.

Yes because she’s amped by her magic. At this point, your blatantly ignoring multiple feats
You've mentioned ONE feat that cant even properly be attributed to her maiden powers bro.

You're assuming the maiden powers amped her, just because you cant believe in a fictional material that an old person on the verge of death cant have one last big moment to shine.
Yall never heard of Whitebeard?

The arm was strong enough to pin down a maiden Raven lol.
Yeah? Right after she literally declared the grimm arms weakness and didnt capitalise on it whatsoever

This was a stupid plot point and Volume 5 is awful writing. The Arm isnt consistent and is a weakness to Cinder all for her pursuit of power

Cinder was off guard dude 💀

Anyways Elm holds down base Penny and she actives her maiden powers to physically break free

We do. It’s just that you ignore them all.
You've literally only gave one instance, and youre expecting me to read the bombardment of posts in full right now?

Take your time, write me a list of all the notable times a maiden physically buffs herself to the same level as their storm creation feats

Cinder was off guard dude 💀
'Cinder was off guard'

She literally wasnt. Her arm is a huge weakness cause it has no aura to protect it. How does her being 'off guard' affect its durability? Even if it didnt, Aura is always active subconciously.

Anyways Elm holds down base Penny and she actives her maiden powers to physically break free

Bro you literally see her using her elemental powers and a blast of energy to break free, who are you trying to kid right now?

Penny in herself has shown actual physical strength feats dating back to the first few volumes even. Its not like shes physically weak normally either

Last edited:
Yeah? Right after she literally declared the grimm arms weakness and didnt capitalise on it whatsoever

This was a stupid plot point and Volume 5 is awful writing. The Arm isnt consistent and is a weakness to Cinder all for her pursuit of power
You literally can’t pull out “it isn’t consistent” and “it’s bad writing” every time we prove you wrong lol. For now, I’m done talking with you since you have no interest in arguing in good faith.

I feel like we can’t even argue with you lol. You literally reject everything.
Give me a list of all the times Maidens show a physical advantage and stat buff specifically in the show.

I definitely believe this wiki has a very skewed perception of RWBYs general power tiering (A lot of you are desperate to upgrade this verse as much as you can) and doesnt consider a lot of RWBYS huge major inconsistencies, will use non canon material and will make up tons of stuff about aura on the fly.

Im sorry but i dont instantly believe Maidens have the same physical stat buff just because...an old maiden blocked an attack from another maiden (Both should have stat buffs???)
And then the 2nd thing Spinoirr just said is flat out wrong
You need to do a bit better than that

Give me a list of all the times Maidens show a physical advantage and stat buff specifically in the show.

I definitely believe this wiki has a very skewed perception of RWBYs general power tiering (A lot of you are desperate to upgrade this verse as much as you can) and doesnt consider a lot of RWBYS huge major inconsistencies, will use non canon material and will make up tons of stuff about aura on the fly.

Im sorry but i dont instantly believe Maidens have the same physical stat buff just because...an old maiden blocked an attack from another maiden (Both should have stat buffs???)
And then the 2nd thing Spinoirr just said is flat out wrong
You need to do a bit better than that
Bruh if we do, you’d just reject them all. You are on a downplaying spree and ignoring blatant feats because of “bad writing.” That’s not gonna fly. You aren’t contributing anything to this thread expect baseless accusations.

You literally can’t pull out “it isn’t consistent” and “it’s bad writing” every time we prove you wrong lol. For now, I’m done talking with you since you have no interest in arguing in good faith.
You didnt prove me wrong?

Its more you're denying that RWBY is super inconsistent and doesnt explain half of its stuff in a proper or consistent manner.

You know what antifeats, outliers, inconsistency etc. is right? This isnt just a RWBY thing.

Can you please explain to me how it makes sense that Raven can point out the general huge weak spot of Cinder that shes actively and visibly noticed....and then immediately forget about it? And thats NOT inconsistent?

Bro even the biggest of RWBY fans can see how awful V5 Haven fight was

Bruh if we do, you’d just reject them all. You are on a downplaying spree and ignoring blatant feats because of “bad writing.” That’s not gonna fly. You aren’t contributing anything to this thread expect baseless accusations.
You're refusing to prove your point then, and you already know im onto something. Is there literally ANY OTHER EXAMPLE off the top of your head that shows a Maiden gets a physical buff comparable to the flashy magic elemental powers?

You cant ignore inconsistencies or keep defending RWBY from them for the sake of Tier 7 basic RWBY (silly). These do affect credibility of feats

Aye let's not throw out any accusations of downplay or whatever, Jinx's just showing her(?) opinion on the scaling of RWBY and they have the right to question something if it's something they feel is inconsistent. Now frankly I never did, nor do I still, give a shit about RWBY's scaling and it's something I never spend much time on so I won't give my perspective on the scaling, only that there's nothing wrong with asking questions

@Jinx666 You are a female though, right? Because if not then I'll edit my message

Bruh. I’m literally arguing to remove a big feat from Salem because I don’t think it’s legit. I don’t buff RWBY because I want big numbers. I buff them because I legit think they are that powerful

Aye let's not throw out any accusations of downplay or whatever, Jinx's just showing her(?) opinion on the scaling of RWBY and they have the right to question something if it's something they feel is inconsistent. Now frankly I never did, nor do I still, give a shit about RWBY's scaling and it's something I never spend much time on so I won't give my perspective on the scaling, only that there's nothing wrong with asking questions

@Jinx666 You are a female though, right? Because if not then I'll edit my message
There’s asking questions and then there’s ignoring blatant stuff. Again, though, I rather just focus on the storm thing for now.

Yes i am of the female variety but idc at this point. People take you more seriously if they think you're a dude lol

But yeah, Maidens are only at their tier range because of a storm calc feat, and dont have anything physical other than one huge maiden fight having a CQC section in it (That isnt used in V9 to that degree)

Yes i am of the female variety but idc at this point. People take you more seriously if they think you're a dude lol

But yeah, Maidens are only at their tier range because of a storm calc feat, and dont have anything physical other than one huge maiden fight having a CQC section in it (That isnt used in V9 to that degree)
I don’t take half of this site seriously and it’s a whole sausage fest sometimes

There’s asking questions and then there’s ignoring blatant stuff. Again, though, I rather just focus on the storm thing for now.
I havent ignored anything you've said

I just dont agree that Fria's feat counts because
A) You only think cause shes dying shes still super weak with no aura or history. Old people in fiction arent as frail and weak as in real life.
B) You're trying to say maidens get a physical buff when she physically overpowered...another maiden? Who should have a similar buff if that was the case? Which would just take you back to square one? I know shes 'fully realized' but thats clearly only displayed in elemental power
C) Fria's main power display was with her elemental ice powers that were too intense for anyone other than the robot Penny
D) Its a very minor scene and nothing in the show actually states theres a physical stat buff, its only vaguely...implied? kinda?

Seriously, you might have a point if Fria was previously being ragdolled, only to activate her maiden powers and actually overpower someone who wasnt ALSO a maiden but...

Back