• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

That's because lightning isn't effecting them for prolonged amounts of time. Simply being hit by lightning and surviving isn't grounds for heat resistance on that level unless it's prolonged exposure, good example that comes to mind are One Piece characters who can withstand several seconds of being blasted by lightning.

Got a clip of that?
She withstood natural lightning coursing through her body for several seconds

Her semblance doesnt give her a resistance to lightning, it just lets her absorb electricity
I believe that type of Absorbtion typically covers the resistance part, I mean it'd be pretty stupid for her not be resistant if she's absorbing electricity into her body.

I believe that type of Absorbtion typically covers the resistance part, I mean it'd be pretty stupid for her not be resistant if she's absorbing electricity into her body.
I mean, going by volume 8 and the massive plot point that she was severely scarred all over her body by absorbing a shit ton of lightning dust and was audibly screaming in pain by doing so, as well as the volume 5 fight against hazel where the same thing happened...

Last edited:
I mean she does have a limit though in vol 8 it clearly shown

She can be affected by electricity and lightning but survived a lightning bolt and had no scars from it despite getting scars from that lightning dust door

From whats been shown so far, Yang now has radiation manip and super good heat maip and there are enemy huntsmen that have full-blown intangibility and fear absorption that steals people's senses
If Yang gets her hands on an opponent that doesn’t have good heat resistance (or just not good enough lol) they get ******* melted.

I recall that there are conditions that must be there for a character to scale to the heat of lightning; have to be in mid-air when struck and also have to be within melee distance of the lightning source when struck

Something to bring up, shouldn’t Grimm native to Solitas have a resistance to extreme cold? Since they have no Aura yet are perfectly fine and have adapted to the region? Also, do you think The Hound should have immunity to Soul Manipulation? It’s not a regular Grimm but the fusion of one with a Faunus who we see is still alive underneath.

Something to bring up, shouldn’t Grimm native to Solitas have a resistance to extreme cold? Since they have no Aura yet are perfectly fine and have adapted to the region? Also, do you think The Hound should have immunity to Soul Manipulation? It’s not a regular Grimm but the fusion of one with a Faunus who we see is still alive underneath.
Yeah they adapted to the cold so yes

Also given the hound is a silver eyed Faunus, the hound should have a soul still as the host was still alive in the fusion

Back