• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Forgotten Addition - RWBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is awkward. Can't believe I overlooked this, but Jinn and Ambrosius are missing Immortality Type 1 on their profiles. Considering they were created thousands of years ago when Ozma was given his task, and are still active in the present day, this is a no brainer.

Edit: Decided to add one more addition here instead of making another thread since it’s so minor. The Maidens and by extension Ozma should have Plant Manipulation as shown here at 6:11 with Spring growing a plant from her hands.

Last edited:
Sorry. So basically the God of Light, dude in the picture, created those four objects, each containing a spirit around the same time he caused this dude to reincarnate. In present day RWBY the dude has been alive for thousands of years and the spirits are still active as well, seen in both Volume 6 and 8 when they are summoned for the first time in the show.

I don't see any validity for immortality type 1. Therefore, I disagree with this thread.

Sorry. So basically the God of Light, dude in the picture, created those four objects, each containing a spirit around the same time he caused this dude to reincarnate. In present day RWBY the dude has been alive for thousands of years and the spirits are still active as well, seen in both Volume 6 and 8 when they are summoned for the first time in the show.
Oh, you are suggesting the spirit in the Relic has immortality type 1 because they have been around for thousands of year since their creation.

It's been so long since I watch RWBY.

I can see the reasoning for Eternal Life.

I don't see any validity for immortality type 1. Therefore, I disagree with this thread.
What do you mean? As I've said, Oz, the guy in the picture was cursed to reincarnate which he has done for thousands of years as stated here. The God of Light who cursed him in the first place, also created the four objects in the picture at the same time. In both Volumes 6 and 8, which takes place in the present-day thousands of years later, the spirits were summoned and shown to still be alive and active.

Oh, you are suggesting the spirit in the Relic has immortality type 1 because they have been around for thousands of year since their creation.

It's been so long since I watch RWBY.

I can see the reasoning for Eternal Life.
Cool. Do you also agree with the edited portion?

What do you mean? As I've said, Oz, the guy in the picture was cursed to reincarnate which he has done for thousands of years as stated here. The God of Light who cursed him in the first place, also created the four objects in the picture at the same time. In both Volumes 6 and 8, which takes place in the present-day thousands of years later, the spirits were summoned and shown to still be alive and active.
The guy lived for 1000 years does not mean he is immortal (type 1; eternity)

No denotation that those spirit have infinite life span.
They were literally made to summon the Gods back when humanity was ready to be judged. How would they be able to do that if they don't live long enough for that to happen. You say that there is no denotation that they can live forever, but the evidence I brought points more to them having immortality type 1 then not.

I don't get it. Do you have any evidence that they have eternal lifespan? Being summoned or living for over 1000 years are nowhere eternal.
The scans you presented are nowhere saying or showing they are eternal beings.

Agree with type 4 and longevity. It seems more appropriate than type 1 for spirit's being.

Huh, learn something new everyday. I always thought that you just need to have the ability to live for a long time to get immortality type 1. Hm, but what Butler said seems like a decent enough substitute, IMO. Am neutral about immortality type 1 (but am willing to lean on agree if there is more proof and/or it is replaced with longevity), and agree with the plant stuff.

Huh, learn something new everyday. I always thought that you just need to have the ability to live for a long time to get immortality type 1
Not really, it is immortality for people who live for eternal. Living for 1000 years is more suitable for longevity. Don't confuse it with immortality type 1.

I don't get it. Do you have any evidence that they have eternal lifespan? Being summoned or living for over 1000 years are nowhere eternal.
The scans you presented are nowhere saying or showing they are eternal beings.
Not really, it is immortality for people who live for eternal. Living for 1000 years is more suitable for longevity. Don't confuse it with immortality type 1.

I've already shown the scans above. Not only were they made thousands of years ago but were made with the express purpose of calling the Gods back for judgement day. Longevity means they will die eventually. Which makes no sense as they would be unable to fulfill their task if they die before Ozma completes his mission, as the God of Light did not give a time limit to him when giving him his task, simply stating that he'll reincarnate "until his task is complete", whenever that is. This is why I believe type 1 immortality fits better than longevity as they would not die of old age from the former.

Huh, learn something new everyday. I always thought that you just need to have the ability to live for a long time to get immortality type 1. Hm, but what Butler said seems like a decent enough substitute, IMO. Am neutral about immortality type 1 (but am willing to lean on agree if there is more proof and/or it is replaced with longevity), and agree with the plant stuff.
Type 1 means eternal life, so if a character has Type 1, I think they have to be explicitly mentioned to have it, or has in some way or another, portrayed to have "eternal" life. Living a long life like 1000 years or 10000 isn't enough.

It used to be named longevity-type immortality back in the day though, so I can't blame the confusion there. Like I'm pretty sure in 2017 or something like that, it was called Longevity.

You still require to show an evidence of any statement that they are eternal beings. I still disagree with type 1.

Well I tried. I believe the evidence I showed is enough, but if that’s the case Longevity it is. So is this enough input to add the OP to the profiles?

Alright with two staff agreements, I've applied the changes listed here. This can be closed now. Thanks for the inputs everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back