• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

The comic and the movie are canonically in the same universe, they're canon to each other and take place at different points in the same timeline. The movie is a continuation of the comic storyline
Well, we already dealt with movie...
I am reading comic now and... It's supposed to take place between volumes 1 and 3, but I thought Weiss never seen her father nor went back home in that time period. Contradiction or am I forgetting something?

Tbh, I don’t think the og comics are canon. Since they contradict with what happened in the movie, which has like much better standing to be canon.

Well, we already dealt with movie...
I am reading comic now and... It's supposed to take place between volumes 1 and 3, but I thought Weiss never seen her father nor went back home in that time period. Contradiction or am I forgetting something?
It takes place in the break between volumes 2 and 3

I am saying, if you case so much about verses using stuff that you perceive as not canon, you should apply the same logic to them as well, regardless of whether they're non-canon, canon-adjacent, or not even confirmed to be canon to begin with
Okay, and I'm saying, you keep rapidly switching between different topics. I don't know the situation with MHA or why certain movies are considered scalable. I only have the claims you're making that they were never said to be canon, but that has nothing to do with "canon-adjacent"

I just don't think it really is canon though, since Supes has the exact same design and name in the movie as he does in the comic, but the RWBY cast doesn't recognize him.
I mean, no? We already discussed this extensively in the previous thread, they have no reason to recognize him

Okay, and I'm saying, you keep rapidly switching between different topics. I don't know the situation with MHA or why certain movies are considered scalable. I only have the claims you're making that they were never said to be canon, but that has nothing to do with "canon-adjacent"
I am not talking about canon adjacent. I still 100% consider canon-adjacent stuff to be canon. I am talking about verses that are using stuff that is not confirmed to be canon as canon.

Ok can y’all stop talking about this for the moment 🗿🗿

You guys just had a thread about it. If you want to make another thread determining what’s canon towards RWBY specifically that can happen maybe another time as a thread just concluded about RWBY canonocity.

Let’s do the fun volume 9 RWBY upgrade for right now and stop with the drama please 🥺

Ok can y’all stop talking about this for the moment 🗿🗿

You guys just had a thread about it. If you want to make another thread determining what’s canon towards RWBY specifically that can happen maybe another time as a thread just concluded about RWBY canonocity.

Let’s do the fun volume 9 RWBY upgrade for right now and stop with the drama please 🥺
Yeah, let's focus on the volume 9 upgrades for now alright

Okay, I've finished first comic. I am sold on the Multiverse (although it seems the Multiverse exists only for DC side of crossover, but whatever) if comic is canon.

Whether it is canon is a question, but I leave this topic for now.

But! If comic is canon, it possibly gets retconned by non-canon movie, which in turn makes both unusable for profiles. Funniest chain of events ever.

But! If comic is canon, it possibly gets retconned by non-canon movie, which in turn makes both unusable for profiles. Funniest chain of events ever.
Well, the crossover comic isn't being considered canon because the evidence for it was an interview that predate its existence, and there wasnt any other information that would canonize it.

Okay, I've finished first comic. I am sold on the Multiverse (although it seems the Multiverse exists only for DC side of crossover, but whatever) if comic is canon.

Whether it is canon is a question, but I leave this topic for now.

Why would it get retconned? The movie is explicitly stated to be a continuation of the storyline

It was announced as a continuation when it was first being developed in 2022, sure.

And yknow the stupid part? The profiles for these versions are just going to be carbon copies of the current profiles, just with slightly adjusted scaling and different images. All the stats are going to be identical

Apologies. I seem to be hearing a lot about 'canonicities' and 'retcons' coming out of this thread, and having just come off FR a day or two ago (with a community embroiled in 'Saga is canon' tomfuckery), I couldn't help but notice...

Seems to be happening a lot, eh?

A_non_ret_con.png

It was announced as a continuation when it was first being developed in 2022, sure.
@RoosterTeeth
is currently in production on the film, animated & produced by the same team that produces RWBY, in partnership with Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. It's set to premiere in 2023!! #RTXAustin

thanks weekly

also since the crt with @Deagonx has been accepted.

i wonder if we will put a note in the verse page not to scale canon rwby characters to the crossover, something like it.

The matter has been settled weekly but it still makes me feel weird whenever i think about the idea 4-B rwby because of this.
Personally I buy it but I won't make a big too much of a fuss about it. As long as we are still allowed to make calcs about it and what not.

It depends on whether they are considered significant enough to warrant their own profile/key.
You know if it's anything meaningful, and I think I mentioned this already, Justice League x RWBY is a two parter and the 2nd part might release sooner then later since IIRC both parts were being worked on at the same time.

Now I should note that's not to say that's enough of a reason to consider making profiles at this point in time, but is worth mentioning that there most likely will be more stuff coming out to potentially justify new profiles.

Okay so I’m just gonna dip my toe into the whole simulation thing.
Kilgore basically made the whole thing as a trap for the JL and RWBY, right?
Obviously, to try and kill them.
Plus, he had outside help from someone in Remnant.
So, I really don’t think the Grimm in the movie are like weaker than the Grimm in real life.
Like, it would counterproductive for Kilgore to just nerf the main thing that’s going to kill the JL.
Plus, we see that aura breaks in the simulation too, like how Nora gets hers broken by the big Grimm guy.
And it’s treated as a big deal.
Plus, at the end, Ruby states that the intended purpose was to be a training simulator.
And if it’s for training, obviously you’d want your stats and skills from the real world to transfer to the training world.

Okay so I’m just gonna dip my toe into the whole simulation thing.
Kilgore basically made the whole thing as a trap for the JL and RWBY, right?
Obviously, to try and kill them.
Plus, he had outside help from someone in Remnant.
So, I really don’t think the Grimm in the movie are like weaker than the Grimm in real life.
Like, it would counterproductive for Kilgore to just nerf the main thing that’s going to kill the JL.
Plus, we see that aura breaks in the simulation too, like how Nora gets hers broken by the big Grimm guy.
And it’s treated as a big deal.
Plus, at the end, Ruby states that the intended purpose was to be a training simulator.
And if it’s for training, obviously you’d want your stats and skills from the real world to transfer to the training world.
The grimm in the movie are stronger than the grimm in the real world

Back