• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 6 Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nico-v11 said:
Semblance isn't reliant on aura (I know why everybody thinks that....and to be honest you're not wrong but that was heavily retconned seeing how Yang still used her semblance after losing her aura in her character short).
According to "Aura", the fourth installment of RWBY: World of Remnant, Semblance is a more tangible projection of one's Aura. Pyrrha Nikos implied this connection when she told Jaune Arc that the use of Aura can help him to discover his Semblance. Miles Luna refers to Semblance being "fueled" by Aura.

Jaune also sends his Aura into other people and it boosts their Semblance.

So yeah, it is reliant on it to an extent.

Ozpin told Oscar this: "You forgot to engage you're aura again" after getting punched in the face by Ruby. They do not have aura on 100% of the time.

WeeklyBattles said:
Semblance isnt reliant on Aura
Yes it is

This is proven in every single instance of Aura getting broken Exceot for Qrow, even the WoR says that.

We need to accept that Aura has severe inconsistencies, as is many things in RWBY.

Nico-v11 said:
Wait! Qrow after losing his aura had his semblance used when that wooden plank fell onto Ruby as well. Post Volume 3 retco
While that is totally explainable as being an unlucky event caused by Qrow's Semblance, it's also entirely possible that was just natural bad luck.

Iiic, Semblance works without aura until its limit but if a character use their semblance beyond its limit it starts to drain the Aura.

Ruby, using her semblance run mach 50 for 5min, if she uses her semblance beyond that it drains her aura. Qrow's semblance is passive but using aura he can amplify it.

Yeah, I do actually believe the implication is supposed to be Qrow's Semblance at work but I don't think that one occurrence totally retcons the Aura/Semblance connection.

Especially since Jaune is seen boosting people's Semblances by fuelling their Auras.

@Damage twice as previously mentioned. So yeah aura may have a correlation with semblances but currently semblances can still be activated without aura.

@Schnee that was broken and that's undeniable. The aura around her entire body flashed, which only happens when it breaks.

Schnee One said:
@Nico Wrong, It flashes multiple times when it's damaged throughout the series, Ren with Hazel and Tyrian with Ruby
No you're wrong. I said "entire body." Ruby's aura was damaged many times and flashed only in places where she got hurt, not throughout her whole body until the last hit; iirc Ren's aura didn't show at all against Hazel.

She took one attack, and it was at best a swipe, and she gets up afterwards

In a series that's been criticized at being so incredibly inconsistent since the first season we need to stop taking every inconsistency at face value.

The show itself says that's how it works

She took three hits prior to getting chomped on and one of them was very powerful, which sent her flying and did not come back from for like 20 seconds which is a lot btw

"She is not protecting me, and I am not protecting her. We are protecting each other." Can someone explain to me what this even supposed to mean. I swear this is on par with Shirou's "People die when they are killed" line.

Also Adam paying that respect to Naruto - 10:10 Naruto Run

Only two more episodes left before this volume wrapped up.

EDIT: Yikes, that some hardcore slavery for Adam right there, literally brand him on his face. No wonder he hates the SDC.

WeeklyBattles said:
What is shown > What is said

This is a standard on the wiki and has been since its creation
That's only ever been in regards to feats, there's a difference between an ability being stated to work a certain way and a High 8C character being stated to be destroyed by a nuke.

It's only been shown twice at most, there isn't a single other example and it blatantly contradicts scenarios in the show, like why Ruby didn't dash away from Tyrian

So "What is Shown>What is said" doesn't work when what is shown is blatantly inconsistent

@Schnee "something not happening when it could have" isn't a good argument at all. All that proves is that a certain action was not done, not that a certain action couldn't be done.

Nico-v11 said:
@Schnee "something not happening when it could have" isn't a good argument at all. All that proves is that a certain action was not done, not that a certain action couldn't be done.
Explain why it isn't?

Either.

1. The show itself wrong, certain scenarios were completely pointless as shown by one or two examples

Or

2. The show itself makes a point that it's how it works and showcases this but isn't wholly consistent, which it isn't as that's a common criticism with RWBY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back