• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 6 Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team RWBY and the rest have consistently shown to fight enemies that can fight with Qrow and others. End of Volume 5 and Volume 6, are being upgraded to 8-B.

It was agreed to wait until Volume 6 was done, before such a change was made.

Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Blake were able to hold off Hazel for a prolong period of time. With the Grimm they fought in chapter 1 taking multiple hits from Qrow.

And the big Grimm was something Qrow couldn't beat by himself.

Edit: Here, there's another thread (I think) but I'm not looking for it.

So about the Adam thing. I found a comment on reddit talking about Adam's Semblance.

Basically according to CRWBY Adam's Moonslice Semblance is strong enough to cut through aura without breaking it. Though I'm not exactly sure which commentary this is from since I don't watch them.

Bypassing forcefields is a common thing in fiction my dude, its not inconsistency its the first semblance of hax we see in this series (See what i did there?)

Actually I do remember people showing an interview or commentary saying Moonslice doesn't bypass aura. And here they said something about it being strong enough to cut through aura without breaking it. So it's probably just some kind of concentrated attack that could cut through aura in a specific area without breaking the entire aura. But yeah this is really confusing.

Peter1129 said:
Actually I do remember people showing an interview or commentary saying Moonslice doesn't bypass aura. And here they said something about it being strong enough to cut through aura without breaking it. So it's probably just some kind of concentrated attack that could cut through aura in a specific area without breaking the entire aura. But yeah this is really confusing.
pretty much. we know Adam amps his semblance with the amount of attacks he receives, which means that the amount of energy he has matters, which means that it does not bypass dura as that would mean it did not matter how amped or not amped his semblance is. so yeah. no bueno for haxerinos.

WeeklyBattles said:
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM So what was that about it not bypassing aura?
Already knew about that. Basically it's like cutting wood. You cut the wood in half through force but the rest of the wood is still there. That's what they were referring to, which again is still only AP.

I'm pretty sure it's just really high AP that allows Adam to cut through aura since they already confirmed that it doesn't bypass aura and they said it's strong enough to cut through aura.

So if anything it will probably be a durability upgrade for Yang's mechanical arm since it could withstand Adam's Moonslice which is strong enough to bypass her aura with sheer AP.

So yeah it's basically really high AP. And Yang's new arm could tank that so. Yang's new arm's durability > Yang's aura's durability > Yang's normal durability.

Schnee One said:
<Cut through Aura Without Breaking it

WELL THEN!

How can Aura be any more inconsistent
Think of it like cutting butter with a knife. It still retains the shape but is now separated into two pieces. Now compare that to smashing butter with a mallet, now it's completely lost it's form. Cutting it with a knife could have had more force behind it but the mallet over all does more "area" damage.

It's not inconsistent exactly, it's just that it's more of a malleable forcefield and pretty much everyone here has like a different image of it.

That analogy doesn't make sense

Butter doesn't have a forcefields around it, aura has literally never broken apart and reformed before, you either heal it to hit the skin or you don't

Watched the episode, sorry for the late arrival, folks.

Things I noticed:

• 'Cyan Dust' is called 'Hard Light Dust'. This should give Weiss and other dust toolboxes Light Manip/Forcefeild Creation.
  • Adam has shadow-clone jitzu (Jokes aside he seems to have advanced Energy Projection, think Green Lantern. He forms the energy he absorbs into beams, attacks, contructs, et cetera). Also great that we have confirmation about what his semblance does, Energy Absorption.
  • Haven't read the above comments but Weekly is probably all over the earthquake and trying to get everyone back at Tier 7.
  • I think this is the first time I've seen Weiss use her earth dust.
  • Black Sun shippers are having violent seizures.

The distance to the city shouldn't be over one kilometer. It's fairly close. I'll pull up a map of the city and try and get a good estimate and do a proper calc.

WeeklyBattles said:
Thanks for summarizing basically everything we talked about today Dargoo :p
But the quake actually came out to 8-B+, possibly 8-A
8-B maybe. 8-A sounds off given the distance.

Here's a solid image of the city. You can see the tower Blake was infiltrating to the left. Weiss and freinds should be behind one of the mountains you see to the site.

Some afterthoughts:

The last episode suffered from one of the bigger issues plauging Volume 5 and even Volume 4; they kept on cutting from fight to fight. We had our attention split between the mech fight as well as what should have been one of the biggest fights in Blake's character arc, diminishing the value of each. It doesn't help that the Adam fight was incredibly serious while the mech fight was almost comical with the back and forth with Maria.

Could Weiss' range with glyphs be upgraded? I remember in chapter 10 she held those 2 guards together with a glyph as they were falling, even when she was very far away due to the plane's speed. Could probably get the range based on the speed of the plane and how long it took for the glyph to disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back