• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 6 Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is 4.5 it will be 84 Tons instead of 18 Tons, consistent with the Lamcer

5 will be.....476 Tons....

......Making them stronger then back before they got downgraded......

And I can make Yang vs WS again.

Also a nice little nod to them being more durable, they got hit with the blast from the mech that oneshot the lancer queen but they were all fine

Unless some heavy shaking went on, we can't really assume 5. Tecnically, eevn magnitude 4 tends to be felt, tough it is obviously somewhat higher in this case, and entire magnitude seems not that backed up.

What even caused the quake? Was it just the mech falling over? I don't any of them scale to the full energy of the mech crashing into the cliff.

Especially since Jaune and Nora were just hit once by it and instantly lost their auras.

Ruby hit it, it went off balance and fell back. The attack ruby made doesn't scale to the quake...

...but the mechs dura scales to the quake, and that does scale to them, so...

@Damage Where was it shown that Nora and Jaune lost their aura? Jaune amped Nora's aura hence why they were both glowing yellow when it hit them.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Damage Where was it shown that Nora and Jaune lost their aura? Jaune amped Nora's aura hence why they were both glowing yellow when it hit them.
I thought that the glow around them was the show showing their aura breaking.

Well, at least Jaune would scale to that punch then if his aura is fine.

It was created by kinetic energy, not plate movements.

That means that this is what is used:

(4.5)+6.399+1.66├ùlog((2├À110)├ù((2├ù¤Ç)├À360))

Even assuming 2 km gets you 5.09.

Also, the amount of energy needed to get that earthquake is much higher.

Since Radiated energy would aply here...

10^(1.5*(5.09151436564)+4.8)= 654 tons of tnt. (Though, again, this is assuming 2km is an acceptable distance. A thing that I do doubt pretty hard)

The thing was possible to cut for Qrow, Ruby and everyone else and the shields have an obvious effect that did not appear.

Seriously tough, what is a reasonable distnace? From the fight it looked like they were on the other side fof the cliff, and I doubt that's 2 km away.

Eh, the heck with it, I'll give the results depending the distance. Ya decide which you like more.:

The potency of the earthquake is at least 4.5 because of the blatantly obvious moment that was seen and felt.

Assuming the city was 100 meters away:

(4.5)+6.399+1.66├ùlog((2├À110)├ù((0.1├ù¤Ç)├À360))

10^(1.5*(2.93180457284)+4.8)

0.376803721 tons of tnt (Underwhelming, I know.)

Assuming that the city was 500 meters away:

(4.5)+6.399+1.66├ùlog((2├À110)├ù((0.5├ù¤Ç)├À360))

10^(1.5*(4.09209478004)+4.8)

20.7276704 tons of tnt

Assuming the city was 1 km away:

(4.5)+6.399+1.66├ùlog((2├À110)├ù((1├ù¤Ç)├À360))

10^(1.5*(4.59180457284)+4.8)

116.443482 tons of tnt

Assuming 2 km distance:

(4.5)+6.399+1.66├ùlog((2├À110)├ù((2├ù¤Ç)├À360))

10^(1.5*(5.09151436564)+4.8)

654 tons of tnt

Assuming 5 km distance:

(4.5)+6.399+1.66├ùlog((2├À110)├ù((5├ù¤Ç)├À360))

10^(1.5*(5.75209478004)+4.8)

6 405.46252 tons of tnt

The shield doesn't matter, it only stopped projectiles. Qrow, Ruby, and Ren were still able to damage it with physical attacks. Either that or it has to be activated by the person controlling it.

Also, isn't this how your suppose to calc these kinda of quakes?

TheRustyOne said:
The shield doesn't matter, it only stopped projectiles. Qrow, Ruby, and Ren were still able to damage it with physical attacks. Either that or it has to be activated by the person controlling it.
Also, isn't this how your suppose to calc these kinda of quakes?
That is how I calculated the joules behind it. (I used () instead of [], but whatever).

I just also calculated the magnitude it would need to have to be magnitude 4 at x distance.

In that instances, there already was a set magnitude, and trying to use what I did would get a very lowballed result.

Please don't jump at my throat or anything but what keeps this from being an outlier? Like I can understand it for the likes of Qrow and those who scale similarly but this would be the only 8-B feat for RWBY and JNR

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Please don't jump at my throat or anything but what keeps this from being an outlier? Like I can understand it for the likes of Qrow and those who scale similarly but this would be the only 8-B feat for RWBY and JNR
Its been agreed on for months now that rwby and jnr are 8-B at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back