• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 6 Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Adam has been stalking her ever since they got on the train and Blake's random vision was actually real.

But.....

He has no idea where Blake and the gang were going

He went back the the white fang hideout

He would have had to catch on to the trail somehow

He would have died out in the cold and from the apathy Grimm unless he somehow went into a building went to sleep and was still not tired enough to where he walked the entire forest to Argus.

I'm sorry, this was too much of a stretch unless they really go back and show him doing so

He didn't follow them to the village, he stayed on the train with Jaune and the others. The Adam Yang saw was just her mind playing tricks on her, you can tell because he was wearing his V3 outfit.

While the Adam Blake saw was wearing his V5-6 outfit.

Also RWBY and the gang stood at Mistral for two weeks before they left. Adam had more than enough time to come back.

Hey so I just rewatched part of chapter 3 this Volume and noticed that after the God of Darkness killed everyone Salem is glowing gold the exact same way that she glowed gold after she regenerated after being reduced to a puddle by Ozpin.

Maybe she didn't just tank the blast by the GoD but instead regenerated from the same damage the rest of humanity took instead

The pools of Grimm are pure destruction as stated in the show. It was killing her but failed because of the infinite life that was keeping her alive. In fact what you said further proves my point.

Proof of absorbing life please. They were stated to be pure destruction and she was receiving damage indicated by slashing and her recoiling.

Except there was no damage on her body and her immortality isn't a shield so if it was physically hurting her there would have been marks that appeared before being regenerated.

There doesn't have to be damage shown on her body to show that it was harming her. What else do you call the slashing and her recoiling? It was clearly an unpleasant experience.

The lack of visible wounds doesn't deny that she was being kept alive while the golden glow symbolizes that as the unlimited life. This is more about the description of the event: pure destruction vs infinite life. If she didn't have infinite life keeping her alive then the pure destruction would have annhilated her.

Infinite life keeps you alive, it doesn't prevent you from getting hurt. If she was getting knocked around like that and not getting any wounds then the pool's power would have to be way weaker than her durability which wouldn't make any sense considering the power gap between her and the God of the Darkness.

Did I ever say it prevented her from getting hurt? No I did not. What I'm saying is that it's not supposed to be taken at face value. Just because you don't "see" anything happening doesn't mean it's not.

Pools of Grimm do not equal GoD whatsoever. The image of her being hurt by the pool is again more symbolic than anything. What I mean by now visible damage needed is that in order to get the point across is that it's not necessary to show. It's an artistic choice that is all.

If anything you can argue that the pools of Grimm don't even have an AP value at all and operate on hax alone that kill life but don't actually do any physical damage to begin with.

But Regenerationn of Salem's level is only physical. Besides, her being able to regenerate instantly from the attack that the God used contradicts her visibly regenerating from a pool against Ozma.

What makes you think it was instant Regenerationn? We are not given a timeframe whatsoever. Also I was not referring her Regenerationn being anything but physical because it only is. Just that the pools of Grimm were actively trying to kill her and that is undeniable.

Since you say that there were no physical wounds then the pools were trying to kill her in a non physical way which she also survived. Again this does not disprove that she could have regenerated the attack that wiped humanity.

We first see an overview shot of a non-existent army and ash everywhere. Salem can't be seen either sooo I'll go with her not being there then regenerating back.

So ok I guess that's the timeframe. Although if you compare to when she got reduced to a puddle and regenerated it was very quick.

Right so the cut from the overview to when we see her we have no real timeframe other than a lot of the other ash has gone away.

She's on the ground to so that proves she was affected in some way; I reckon that she did get reduced to ash and regenerated hence why she was glowing gold. I mean it's it like she'd be randomly immune to a planet wiping attack and you can't argue that the GoD didn't target her because she was definitely on the ground so she at least 100% got hit.

So I read something interesting in the comments section of a RWBY YouTube video. Apparently V5 Oscar is around Emerald and Mercury level. https://mobile.twitter.com/fatmanfalling/status/1024824293308289024

Peter1129 said:
So I read something interesting in the comments section of a RWBY YouTube video. Apparently V5 Oscar is around Emerald and Mercury level. https://mobile.twitter.com/fatmanfalling/status/1024824293308289024
It still funny how only after a month of combat training, Oscar is stronger than Team RWBY and JNR, who except for Jaune, spent years in combat school or been a terrorist to get where they are but a farm boy with one month surpass them easily. Why does Oscar not have Accelerated Development for that.

So does Oscar actually do anything that puts him on Emerald and Mercury's level? Because he was struggling with one Manticore while each member of team RWBY were easily dealing with several of them.

Unless they meant Oscar is on their level when he's being possessed by Ozpin.

Damage3245 said:
So does Oscar actually do anything that puts him on Emerald and Mercury's level? Because he was struggling with one Manticore while each member of team RWBY were easily dealing with several of them.
IIRC Qrow was also struggling against Manticore as well, despite being stronger than both team RWBY and JNR

KobsterHope07 said:
IIRC Qrow was also struggling against Manticore as well, despite being stronger than both team RWBY and JNR
I only remember Qrow having trouble with the Sphinx. I don't remember his fights against the ordinary Manticore.

Damage3245 said:

Unless they meant Oscar is on their level when he's being possessed by Ozpin.
Fighting against Hazel and Leo

All of them were struggling with the manticores and all of the ones that died did so because two of team RWBY were working together

Pretty sure most of all of Team RWBY were capable of soloing a manticore during the second half of the fight. So it's either they are referring to Oscar being as strong as Pre-Timeskip Mercury and Emerald or current Team RWBY is stronger than Mercury and Emerald Lvl characters like Oscar.

The Manticore were actually pretty strong, since we see that they're able to take multiple hits from Team RWBY and from Qrow who is stronger than them.

Sure they aren't the strongest, but it was clear to me that the Manticores were a threat to Team RWBY and Qrow.

The Manticores are definitely stronger than most Grimms however they are pretty much the new beowolves/ursas to Post-Timeskip characters. Basically they can pose some threat but are otherwise fodder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back