• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@WeeklyBattles The amount of people including staff and calculation members being neutral to disagreeing tells me otherwise.
The calc group has already agreed with the beams being lightspeed on the calcs for this revision boyo, its why this CRT was made. Anyone disagreeing with this is either uninformed or just plain wrong.
Tone down the attitude Weekly. Do I need to remind you that you’re on thin ice with your status here?
Ah yes, when al else fails threaten your opposition, very classy Glass

20230213_225030.png
Yuck light mode.

But anyways neutral for now

Ok seriously stop with the petty comments. There’s totally needless here.

There are like 3 staff disagreements as well as 2 CGM disagreeing. If there is only like 1 CGM in agreement then there is way more opposition to the proposed assertion than not.

Personally I find the Ruby’s silver eye blasts being light speed as totally legitimate however I raise questions over the calc for Cinder involving said eye blast.

There are like 3 staff disagreements as well as 2 CGM disagreeing. If there is only like 1 CGM in agreement then there is way more opposition to the proposed assertion than not.

Personally I find the Ruby’s silver eye blasts being light speed as totally legitimate however I raise questions over the calc for Cinder involving said eye blast.
Those people are wrong, plain and simple, especially when the calc group agreeing it was light speed was the entire reason this CRT even got made

Given cinder escaped and would have died or her grimm arm being blasted off I say yeah she escaped it before it hit her

Thank you. I think I can find more instances of her reacting to the light.

@WeeklyBattles So where’s the evidence that they’re wrong? Do you wanna explain why they’re wrong or are you going to keep making baseless accusations.

It’s called giving you a warning. I’m giving you a chance to stop this behavior before you’re reported for being condescending towards others for no reason in this thread.

@WeeklyBattles So where’s the evidence that they’re wrong? Do you wanna explain why they’re wrong or are you going to keep making baseless accusations.
Lasers in RWBY being made of natural light (due to being derived from light dust, which is natural light) or being fully mechanical in nature (one of the main basises for being lightspeed), with light dust also being used to make cameras work (one of the main basises for being lightspeed and literally the example used to prove lightspeed), the lasers in the verse reflecting off of reflective surfaces (one of the main basises for being lightspeed), moving exclusively in straight lines, burning and cutting rather than generating force, and being described as particle beams (which were recently agreed to be lightspeed by default), as well as blatant statements of dodging light as was just brought up.

All of which has had evidence posted multiple times.

If this were any other verse it would have been accepted in one page with half as much evidence, this is more evidence for lightspeed than 90% of the lightspeed verses on this site have.
It’s called giving you a warning. I’m giving you a chance to stop this behavior before you’re reported for being condescending towards others for no reason in this thread.
The irony of you of all people saying this is palpable

Last edited:
Those people are wrong, plain and simple, especially when the calc group agreeing it was light speed was the entire reason this CRT even got made
Ok whatever dude you can think they’re wrong it’s fine. You scale things differently, but 1 CGM agreeing to your proposal doesn’t equate to 2 other CGM disagreeing as well as multiple other staff in a CRT thread.

Can this particular calc group member comment as well their reasons for agreeing either as well?

Here is a more firm example of Cinder reacting to the Silver eyes. She has time to stretch her arms out and exclaim before the flash of light hits her. At the 00:24 mark.

Also, at the 8:15 mark, Ruby states that she wants to use her eyes to laser beam monsters. So, once again, another mention of lasers in RWBY, this time in the main show. And it is explicitly connected to light.

I think what really helps this feat is the fact that Maria says "Make no mistake, it is light."

Also Adam reacting and blocking that spider droids photon cannon is definitely a light speed feat

It's explicitly called a photon cannon, meaning it's laser is made of photons
Waiting for their response to this, because this is SUPER explicate as photon cannons are accepted as SOL

It just needs a calc

At the 4:50 mark, Qrow talks about the Brother of Light and dark. While he never states that the God of Light made the light of the world, it's heavily implied since he also made water, wildlife, and all sort of life stuff. Thus, it's not too far of a stretch to say that the God of Light can use and emit natural light, which he gifted to the Silver-Eyed warriors.

At the 4:50 mark, Qrow talks about the Brother of Light and dark. While he never states that the God of Light made the light of the world, it's heavily implied since he also made water, wildlife, and all sort of life stuff. Thus, it's not too far of a stretch to say that the God of Light can use and emit natural light, which he gifted to the Silver-Eyed warriors.

Also the GoL naturally is glowing with a Aura of light like a super saiyan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back