• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cinder already has a sub relativistic calc accepted then yeah I think it’s fine to bump her to 20% light speed

RWBY: Silver Eyes Argument

Guess I'm doing another CRT inside of my own CRT. CRTception.

Anyway, my argument is that Ruby's silver eyes are natural light and that RWBYverse as a whole can get upgraded due to characters reacting to said light.

The first thing I have to point out is that the God of Light is a primordial being made out of one half of a space dragon that was born at the beginning of time, the other half being his brother, the God of Darkness.

The Two Brothers

"The Two Brothers is a fairy tale detailing more information on the Brother Gods. As detailed in the story, in the beginning of time, a lone Dragon traveled the universe in search of other beings like himself. Overcome with loneliness, the Dragon decided to create one himself. Despite being all powerful, even the Dragon had to split its magic in half – into two symmetrical forms, one of light and the other of shadow. Each side thought one was the original and the other was the copy. Despite different personalities, they were ever only complete when they were together."

As it is strongly implied by Oz that every fairy tale has a measure of truth in them, we can assume that it was the God of Light's creation that brought forth all the natural light in the world.

"Ozpin notes that the Two Brothers appear in almost every creation story in various forms, but one thing is consistent: they arrived from a realm outside mankind's, and created the universe together out of nothing, leaving mankind on its own."

Here is further evidence backing up the point. The God of Light made all of the light in the universe. Also, we should really bump these guys up to uni lol.

"Nevertheless, the God of Darkness continued to secretly create more and more forms of Grimm whilst the God of Light planted a hidden gift in mankind to defend themselves from the monsters."

Here we see a statement that very strongly implies that the God of Light gifted humanity with a portion of its power, the silver eyes.

Here we see the God of Light performing a very similar flash to what Ruby uses for her silver eyes.

As seen here.

And here.

Thus, it can be said that Ruby's eyes are natural light. And thus, anyone reacting to such light would be moving at SoL.

RWBY: Silver Eyes Argument

Guess I'm doing another CRT inside of my own CRT. CRTception.

Anyway, my argument is that Ruby's silver eyes are natural light and that RWBYverse as a whole can get upgraded due to characters reacting to said light.

The first thing I have to point out is that the God of Light is a primordial being made out of one half of a space dragon that was born at the beginning of time, the other half being his brother, the God of Darkness.

The Two Brothers

"The Two Brothers is a fairy tale detailing more information on the Brother Gods. As detailed in the story, in the beginning of time, a lone Dragon traveled the universe in search of other beings like himself. Overcome with loneliness, the Dragon decided to create one himself. Despite being all powerful, even the Dragon had to split its magic in half – into two symmetrical forms, one of light and the other of shadow. Each side thought one was the original and the other was the copy. Despite different personalities, they were ever only complete when they were together."

As it is strongly implied by Oz that every fairy tale has a measure of truth in them, we can assume that it was the God of Light's creation that brought forth all the natural light in the world.

"Ozpin notes that the Two Brothers appear in almost every creation story in various forms, but one thing is consistent: they arrived from a realm outside mankind's, and created the universe together out of nothing, leaving mankind on its own."

Here is further evidence backing up the point. The God of Light made all of the light in the universe. Also, we should really bump these guys up to uni lol.

"Nevertheless, the God of Darkness continued to secretly create more and more forms of Grimm whilst the God of Light planted a hidden gift in mankind to defend themselves from the monsters."

Here we see a statement that very strongly implies that the God of Light gifted humanity with a portion of its power, the silver eyes.

Here we see the God of Light performing a very similar flash to what Ruby uses for her silver eyes.

As seen here.

And here.

Thus, it can be said that Ruby's eyes are natural light. And thus, anyone reacting to such light would be moving at SoL.

Its fine I think we all agree they're light

If yall want to take a crack at cleaning this calc up while im finishing the particle beam calc i'd appreciate it
Given the clip I could do this calc however I can't evaluate my own calc💀💀💀

@Cire it depends entirely on the calc for them reacting to said light though, they wouldn't automatically be SoL cause they reacted to light, it can range from Sub-Relativistic to FTL+ depending on process of dodging said light.

@Cire it depends entirely on the calc for them reacting to said light though, they wouldn't automatically be SoL cause they reacted to light, it can range from Sub-Relativistic to FTL+ depending on process of dodging said light.
Fair fair. Still, it seems this is much stronger evidence then before.

I'm not sure about the calc above using the return stroke of light but cinders arms do move relative the light about 45 to 90 degrees before it even engulfs her yet after its fired so it'd for sure give some sub relative results

I'd need Rusty's opinion doing it the way the previous calc did it so I'll do it another way for now

Character's reacting to Ruby's Silver Eyes

Here is Cinder reacting to and moving before Ruby's light reaches her.

Here are just some basic Grimm reacting to the light before it hits them.

Here is the leviathan reacting to the blast before it hits him.

So, as we can see, it's fairly consistant.

Last edited:
yeah naaaaaah I'm gonna call the super fodder dogshit grim reacting to that an outlier and PIS, I can't in good faith use that to argue consistency

If this calc gets approved, would that also mean that the laser feats would also be approved too? Since, if we can prove RWBY characters can move rela to light with just the silver eyes calcs, that would mean that the burden of proof on the lasers would be lessened, right? Since it wouldn't be that big of a jump.

I'd argue that the Leviathan is legit since he's litteraly one of the biggest and strongest Grimm we've seen so far.
It seemed less like it was reacting to the light and more that it was just reeling in pain

Otherwise that would be FTL because Ruby was literally inches from its face

It seemed less like it was reacting to the light and more that it was just reeling in pain

Otherwise that would be FTL because Ruby was literally inches from its face
I mean, as a Grimm, it would have to know that Ruby's silver eyes are bad news. The second he saw that they were about to activate, he could be trying to look away or something. Again, the bigger and older the Grimm is, the smarter they are.

crazy enough going by the frame by frame of these feats in particular in both cinder is quite literally the only one moving relative to the light in each in the rest everyone is frozen soooo like make of that what you will
Cinder is a Maiden, she is faster than the majority of the cast by default

crazy enough going by the frame by frame of these feats in particular in both cinder is quite literally the only one moving relative to the light in each in the rest everyone is frozen soooo like make of that what you will
Funny enough, the previous shot in the V5 clip had her and Jaune run at each other at the same speed.

Also, it's like super super subtle, but in the V5 one you can see Vernal all the way to the side move her gun down while the light is coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back