• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY: Aura should give resistance to transmutation

Spinoirr

He/Him
20210729_012732.jpg

Here is the scan

despite fighting for hours xanthe was only able to use her semblance on her opponent's weapon after physically disarming them, which removes their weapon's protective aura

This is her semblance on the RWBY wiki

Agree: 4

Disagree: 1

Neutral:

Last edited:
she can immobilize opponents by transforming their clothing into gold
How exactly does this prove aura resists transmutation if their clothes, which is coated in aura is affected? On top of your statement that their weapons get affected despite being coated with aura?

How exactly does this prove aura resists transmutation if their clothes, which is coated in aura is affected? On top of your statement that their weapons get affected despite being coated with aura?
The weapons aren't coated in aura if the person wielding them is disarmed
she had to physically disarm Carmine by stealing her sai in order to transmute it, at which point the sai was no longer coated in Carmine's aura and as for Neptune's clothes, it was done after a fight when he dropped his aura because he believed that they were done fighting
20210729_185755.jpg

Last edited:
its in the first scan i gave
she outright says that she disarmed carmine to turn her sai into gold

I would try to read it again as people above agreed because of that scan

It just said she did that, can I see the exact text where it’s said she had to disarm the person and then she was capable of transmutating the weapon?

The weapon is on the ground and is gold because of her semblance and she says she did that.

What is so hard to understand about that

the scan you posted did not mention that she needed to wrestle the weapon out of the hunter’s grasp in order to turn it into gold. All the scan said is that she just did it.

Also if her foe is still out there and not gold like her weapon was, then why not turn her to gold, unless she can't and she was mind controled by bad guys so it wouldn't be OOC for her mind controled self to do that If she could

It's basic common sense

Going off of her personality on the wiki she doesn’t strike me as the type of person that would willingly kill someone by turning them into gold, especially if this semblance is irreversible as it claims. So why would she wanna kill instead of incapacitate them?

Also that screenshot doesn’t really tell me anything on said character having to wrestle the weapon out of their hand in order to transmutate the weapon so this is going off of massive assumptions here unless you got confirmation that she tried to use the semblance but failed on them.

Wh-

The scan in the OP just tells us she made a sai golden. It absolutely does not tell us how it became golden. There's like 0 context.

"I captured that sai myself."

This can insinuate a multitude of things and in no way proves that she needed to get the weapon away from its owner in order to transmute it.

Back