• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Aura's 'Transmutation' Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Geists can be intangible. But whats saying aura is the reason that they can be physically punched to death, so that we can go along your pipedream that theyre always in a passive intangible state 24/7?

Cause otherwise it suggests that Geists have to choose when they're intangible, and if they dont do it in time, they can get physically hit.
They get punched to death by people whose fists are coated in aura. You are literally ignoring the entire context of the verse's mechanics

Instantly remaking a CRT that was overwhelmingly disagreed with just because she didnt get the result she wanted is not a rule violation?
Well, to be fair Jinx's post didn't exactly that.

I didn't know there's already been a CRT on the topic.

They get punched to death by people whose fists are coated in aura. You are literally ignoring the entire context of the verse's mechanics
Yeah but where does it say that Aura is the reason they can be touched?

You would need actual evidence that its Aura that grants people the ability to touch Geists.

Theres literally nothing stating that Geists cant be harmed unless its with aura, you're speculating the fact so you can give RWBY Aura some other add on power it doesnt have traction for

Well, to be fair Jinx's post didn't exactly that.

I didn't know there's already been a CRT on the topic.
Youre currently in said CRT boyo lol

Thus far almost everyone is either neutral or against NPI being removed even if they agreed with transmutation being removed

Instantly remaking a CRT that was overwhelmingly disagreed with just because she didnt get the result she wanted is not a rule violation?
What do you mean 'remaking a CRT' what???

Not weekly trying to grasp straws to try and pitch rule violations.

Yeah, that CRT was accepted not too long ago and now Jinx made this one to remove it
I literally Was not present for that or knew it existed.

Was this also the same CRT that thought RWBY had resistance to transmutation?

You would need actual evidence that its Aura that grants people the ability to touch Geists.

Theres literally nothing stating that Geists cant be harmed unless its with aura, you're speculating the fact so you can give RWBY Aura some other add on power it doesnt have traction for
Post scans proving that youre right. Otherwise youre just making baseless assumptions that will not be accepted.

I really don’t get what rule the op could have broken. The resistance revision was like half a week ago. I’ve seen people make a downgrade thread literally less than a day after an upgrade before.

Edit: Unless I am completely misunderstanding the claim.

Youre currently in said CRT boyo lol

Thus far almost everyone is either neutral or against NPI being removed even if they agreed with transmutation being removed
The CRT was abt transmutation resistance. Im asking about NPI, not making it the main topic. That can be for another thread

You can chill

Again, the fact that you havent even posted evidence that geists can make themselves tangible means that the cast would have NPI WITHOUT aura lol

Actually, I do think that the current NPI justification has to be reworded or removed from certain profiles.

One of the sources for it indicates that it is not something that every Hunstman is capable of, and may even require special tools:

KqKFRLF.png

Post scans proving that youre right. Otherwise youre just making baseless assumptions that will not be accepted.
Post Scans about Aura being the reason people can touch geists???

Thats literally your argument.

All the scans that are for NPI literally do not even mention Geists. You've come up with this in the thread, and admittedly its a better argument than whatever was posted for the Chill.

Actually, I do think that the current NPI justification has to be reworded or removed from certain profiles.

One of the sources for it indicates that it is not something that every Hunstman is capable of, and may even require special tools:

KqKFRLF.png
I already brought this up boyo, its specialized to remove a Chill from a person it is possessing, not to outright kill it. Plus the cast has shown to be able to interact with Geists which are outright stated to be intangible

Post Scans about Aura being the reason people can touch geists???

Thats literally your argument.

All the scans that are for NPI literally do not even mention Geists. You've come up with this in the thread, and admittedly its a better argument than whatever was posted for the Chill.
Post scans that Geists can make themselves tangible. That is your argument. The fact that you havent even posted evidence that geists can make themselves tangible means that the cast would have NPI even without aura by your argument.

KqKFRLF.png
That's just for the chill, the Geist, they can easily kill with attacks without special tools despite being intangible thanks to the guide book

Actually, I got to ask, where exactly is it stated people can resist being possessed by the chilled with aura (it’s on some of the profiles)? Because I can’t find the quote. If it can block out chilled that means aura would absolutely be interacting with a spirit.

I already brought this up boyo, its specialized to remove a Chill from a person it is possessing, not to outright kill it. Plus the cast has shown to be able to interact with Geists which are outright stated to be intangible
Yes, but my point is that is not what the justifications are currently. I said the justifications would need to be rewritten.

Yes, but my point is that is not what the justifications are currently. I said the justifications would need to be rewritten.
Ah gotcha, yeah if the current justifications arent more focused on the ability to hit and kill Geists then it would need to be adjusted

Post scans that Geists can make themselves tangible. That is your argument.
Well you seem to be insanely confused okay.

The Geist is decribed as intangible. Yeah, the Geist has shown qualities of intangibility, but this doesnt mean it is 100% intangible 24/7, and could also mean the Geist could shift physical and intangible forms. The word intangible DOES not tilt to either possibility. I am willing to understand that the geist is always intangible, but theres no dismissal that it could choose when to switch forms. Nothing is stated against it otherwise.

I say this, because we can actually see the Geist getting hit in its physical form, and its weak. However, you are claiming that characters like Harriet and Ruby were only able to hit it because of Aura, which is what grants them NPI. Again, its entirely possible they can make themselves tangible and intangible on command, like a Danny Phantom kind of deal. A lot of examples in fiction go about it this way.

So ergo, I am asking where is the proof that Aura is the power that allows them to NPI, other than assuming that it has to be the reason because the RWBY characters can physically hit the geist, even though its entirely possible the geist's intangibility can work this way.

I was against NPI because of the current Chill reasoning, which is super faulty and needs to be changed. why didnt you all think of the Geist before? Its not a bad argument if there was actual concrete proof but theres still flaws in saying as such, cause nothing disproves the possibility it could change states on will.

The Geist is decribed as intangible. Yeah, the Geist has shown qualities of intangibility, but this doesnt mean it is 100% intangible 24/7, and could also mean the Geist could shift physical and intangible forms. The word intangible DOES not tilt to either possibility
Prove it. No 'it could mean this it could mean that', post proof.
I say this, because we can actually see the Geist getting hit in its physical form, and its weak. However, you are claiming that characters like Harriet and Ruby were only able to hit it because of Aura, which is what grants them NPI. Again, its entirely possible they can make themselves tangible and intangible on command, like a Danny Phantom kind of deal. A lot of examples in fiction go about it this way.
We see it get hit by aura coated weapons, yes. Same with Clover's fishing rod, which is also coated in aura.
So ergo, I am asking where is the proof that Aura is the power that allows them to NPI, other than assuming that it has to be the reason because the RWBY characters can physically hit the geist, even though its entirely possible the geist's intangibility can work this way.
Again, post proof. ATM all this is is one big assumption that it 'could' work some other way that we just dont know about yet, which holds no weight when we've seen the cast repeatedly hit Geists with their weapons and attacks. Again, the fact that you havent even posted evidence that geists can make themselves tangible means that the cast would have NPI even without aura by your argument.

Actually, I got to ask, where exactly is it stated people can resist being possessed by the chilled with aura (it’s on some of the profiles)? Because I can’t find the quote. If it can block out chilled that means aura would absolutely be interacting with a spirit.
No way 💀

Well you seem to be insanely confused okay.

The Geist is decribed as intangible. Yeah, the Geist has shown qualities of intangibility, but this doesnt mean it is 100% intangible 24/7, and could also mean the Geist could shift physical and intangible forms. The word intangible DOES not tilt to either possibility. I am willing to understand that the geist is always intangible, but theres no dismissal that it could choose when to switch forms. Nothing is stated against it otherwise.

I was against NPI because of the current Chill reasoning, which is super faulty and needs to be changed. why didnt you all think of the Geist before? Its not a bad argument if there was actual concrete proof but theres still flaws in saying as such, cause nothing disproves the possibility it could change states on will.
This does seem like a fair case for making the NPI to be "Possibly NPI" on the profiles. Unless we had something explicit like "Aura allows Hunstmen to harm intangible beings".

Prove it. No 'it could mean this it could mean that', post proof.
Could literally ask you the same thing.
The geist is literally only said to be 'Intangible'. This can either mean its always intangible or it has the ability to turn intangible.
Again, post proof. ATM all this is is one big assumption that it 'could' work some other way that we just dont know about yet, which holds no weight when we've seen the cast repeatedly hit Geists with their weapons and attacks. Again, the fact that you havent even posted evidence that geists can make themselves tangible means that the cast would have NPI even without aura by your argument.
Bro you acc aren't reading.

I am not 100% saying this is how the Geists intangibility works. It just literally has about as much merit as saying the Geist is passivley 100% intangible. There is no indication on which way it works.

You are the one hellbent on saying how the Geist's intangibility works, even though theres literally 0 mention or statement like 'Oh hey, only us Huntsmen with an aura can actually touch this thing'. There is nothing saying that Aura is the only quality fuelling NPI.
Before all this you were willing to give every RWBY character NPI for the existence of the Chill. I remember watching that story on YT and thinking 'Theres no way vs battles wiki are gonna try scaling this to anything'

This does seem like a fair case for making the NPI to be "Possibly NPI" on the profiles. Unless we had something explicit like "Aura allows Hunstmen to harm intangible beings".
I'm fine for "possibly NPI" for the characters with Aura who haven't battled a Geist or chill before and straight up NPI for the characters who have harmed and fought geists/chills

Either way im willing to put this in a separate thread and outline clearly what im saying, because people are genuinely not able to grasp on what i think about the Geist.

Either way im willing to put this in a separate thread and outline clearly what im saying, because people are genuinely not able to grasp on what i think about the Geist.
Isn't there no need for that?

You seem to agree with this
I'm fine for "possibly NPI" for the characters with Aura who haven't battled a Geist or chill before and straight up NPI for the characters who have harmed and fought geists/chills

Can we please not conceed to an argument based solely on baseless assumptions and a complete lack of evidence?

Can we please not conceed to an argument based solely on baseless assumptions and a complete lack of evidence?
Bro cant even grasp the argument

Please disprove the possibility of the Geists intangibility working in a way where it can control whether its intangible or tangible. And where its shown Aura is the reason they can interact with it

Bro cant even grasp the argument

Please disprove the possibility of the Geists intangibility working in a way where it can control whether its intangible or tangible. And where its shown Aura is the reason they can interact with it
Please post where its stated that it can do that. For ***** sake you demanding that i post a scan for every word that i say and then turning around and outright refusing to post a single shred of evidence for your entire argument is irony to the highest degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back