• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Aura's 'Transmutation' Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've noticed that practically all of the RWBY profiles have a resistance to Transmutation listed for the fact that Neptune was able to not turn to gold, however I am not much convinced that this is the case for giving them a resistance to such a huge power.

From the Aura page, it states
' Aura also protects the user from being turned or changed into something else. In Before the Dawn, when Xanthe Rumpole attempted to use her Semblance on Neptune Vasilias, she was unable to turn him into gold.'

The link on this quote is to an imgur file with two book excerpts to Before the Dawn, however I do not think what is here is satisfactory enough to say that Aura as a whole resists Transmutation.

The exerpt very specifically states that Xanthe, the character using the semblance, had merely only touched Neptune's jacket, which in turn turned it to gold. She was also able to touch and turn his glove to gold, however theres no specific mention of her directly trying to touch his skin. Its common in fiction that a lot of powers that require touching something typically always spread. Theres nothing in Before the Dawn from what I can see, nor its page on the RWBY wiki that says it can spread to objects, or people the jacket is touching, like Shigaraki's Decay from MHA. (The wiki page also specifies objects, rather than organic beings). The jacket didnt extend to any other items of his clothing either, so its safe to say the Semblance does not spread.

There is no statement in the excerpt or from my quick review of the Ctrl+F 'Gold' that Xanthe was actively trying to aim for Neptune, nor the mention of Aura being the specific reason Neptune was protected by this power, when she was only touching his jacket. Theres also no instance of her turning anyone into gold, or being unable to due to aura.

Given this is a Semblance as well, which would derive from Xanthe's own aura, it wouldnt make sense that it would be a semblance other people's aura can protect them from (If there was any confirmation it had any effect on living creatures), otherwise its essentially useless on anyone whose still got aura reserves (Other than making people's clothes heavy).

Heck if anything, I'd figure RWBY imbue their clothes with aura to protect them while in combat, or like when Weiss survived lava. So if RWBY characters can imbue their clothing to protect it, then it wouldnt have resisted the Transmutation. I can't think of a situation in RWBY where someones clothes have been tears or w/e while the character's aura has given out

Let me know if im missing something but otherwise I don't think theres enough justifiable evidence that Aura protects these characters from Transmutation

Last edited:
Clothing is protected by Aura, yes. So her turning his clothes to gold is a direct contradiction.

Also if there is no specific mention of her actually touching his skin, then yes, this resistance should not exist. As he’s not resisting anything.

Hello, I've noticed that practically all of the RWBY profiles have a resistance to Transmutation listed for the fact that Neptune was able to not turn to gold, however I am not much convinced that this is the case for giving them a resistance to such a huge power.

From the Aura page, it states
' Aura also protects the user from being turned or changed into something else. In Before the Dawn, when Xanthe Rumpole attempted to use her Semblance on Neptune Vasilias, she was unable to turn him into gold.'

The link on this quote is to an imgur file with two book excerpts to Before the Dawn, however I do not think what is here is satisfactory enough to say that Aura as a whole resists Transmutation.

The exerpt very specifically states that Xanthe, the character using the semblance, had merely only touched Neptune's jacket, which in turn turned it to goal. She was also able to touch and turn his glove to gold, however theres no specific mention of her directly trying to touch his skin (Its common in fiction that a lot of powers that require touching something typically always spread. Theres nothing in Before the Dawn from what I can see, nor its page on the RWBY wiki that says it can spread to objects, or people the jacket is touching, like Shigaraki's Decay from MHA. (The wiki page also specifies objects, rather than organic beings). The jacket didnt extend to any other items of his clothing either, so its safe to say the Semblance does not spread.

There is no statement in the excerpt or from my quick review of the Ctrl+F 'Gold' that Xanthe was actively trying to aim for Neptune, nor the mention of Aura being the specific reason Neptune was protected by this power, when she was only touching his jacket. Theres also no instance of her turning anyone into gold, or being unable to due to aura.

Given this is a Semblance as well, which would derive from Xanthe's own aura, it wouldnt make sense that it would be a semblance other people's aura can protect them from (If there was any confirmation it had any effect on living creatures), otherwise its essentially useless on anyone whose still got aura reserves (Other than making people's clothes heavy).

Heck if anything, I'd figure RWBY imbue their clothes with aura to protect them while in combat, or like when Weiss survived lava. So if RWBY characters can imbue their clothing to protect it, then it wouldnt have resisted the Transmutation. I can't think of a situation in RWBY where someones clothes have been tears or w/e while the character's aura has given out

Let me know if im missing something but otherwise I don't think theres enough justifiable evidence that Aura protects these characters from Transmutation
The better example would be Xanthe's fight against Carmine, where she was actively trying to turn her to gold with her semblance the entire fight but couldt do so without actively disarming her, because it was no longer protected by her aura she was able to turn it to gold

The better example would be Xanthe's fight against Carmine, where she was actively trying to turn her to gold with her semblance the entire fight but couldt do so without actively disarming her, because it was no longer protected by her aura she was able to turn it to gold
Did she touch her skin in that fight? Or note that she couldn’t turn her to gold? And did she try turning the weapon to gold numerous times and it just fail?

Did she touch her skin in that fight? Or note that she couldn’t turn her to gold? And did she try turning the weapon to gold numerous times and it just fail?
Well she was basically mind controlled by villans and bloodlusted so I don't see why she wouldn't try to turn them into solid gold, yet her foe lives

Well she was basically mind controlled by villans and bloodlusted so I don't see why she wouldn't try to turn them into solid gold, yet her foe lives
Although I only know the context of why the fight and that's it as I haven't read the book

No I’m asking if she ever tried to do it, or is mentioned to have attempted it, not if she was willing.

Honestly this would be more fitting as an 'Aura blocks touch-based abilities' but we dont really have a P&A profile for something like that

The basis of the thread is “she never touched anyone’s skin to show that they would have resistance to it in the first place.”
She did attempt it yes
Was she successful in touching someone’s skin or weapon while they were holding it, and then fail to turn it to gold.

The basis of the thread is “she never touched anyone’s skin to show that they would have resistance to it in the first place.”

Was she successful in touching someone’s skin or weapon while they were holding it, and then fail to turn it to gold.
She touched Carmine and was unable to turn her and her weapons to gold, she had to disconnect Carmine's weapon from her aura in order to affect her weapon with transmutation

I literally don’t see anything about her touching someone’s skin and her power not working. Or her touching someone’s weapon, while they’re holding and channeling aura into it, and not turning it to gold.

I’mma need the people actually saying she did that to please point me to the text.

Honestly this would be more fitting as an 'Aura blocks touch-based abilities' but we dont really have a P&A profile for something like that
I still don't see anything about her trying to touch Carmine specifically and failing due to aura.

Golden Touch also uses Aura with the semblance too, so it doesnt make sense to have an ability that, though fuelled by the exact same power-system, being useless on everyone with aura. If their clothes carry off an aura imbue aswell, then Golden Touch shouldn't have worked on Neptune's jacket for the same logic it wouldn't work on Neptune.

It should also be stated that Golden Touch is a permanent effect, like an actual Midas Touch, and this was taking place in a 'Cage Match'. Meaning it was an organised fight, and was unlikely to be a fight to the death (which turning someone permanently to gold is the case). Ergo, its unlikely she would be allowed to turn someone physically to gold.

Either way theres nothing to say Aura is what is preventing her from turning their actual bodies to gold and should be removed. Aura is super inconsistent as a whole but Neptunes jacket shouldnt have turned into Gold for the same logic Carmine's Sai wouldnt if it was disconnected from her body. We dont actually ever get read the fight between Xanthe and Carmine either, so its all just speculation on how it actually went down and whether or not Xanthe could 'touch' her.

Last edited:
I still don't see anything about her trying to touch Carmine specifically and failing due to aura.

Golden Touch also uses Aura with the semblance too, so it doesnt make sense to have an ability that, though fuelled by the exact same power-system, being useless on everyone with aura. If their clothes carry off an aura imbue aswell, then Golden Touch shouldn't have worked on Neptune's jacket for the same logic it wouldn't work on Neptune.

It should also be stated that Golden Touch is a permanent effect, like an actual Midas Touch, and this was taking place in a 'Cage Match'. Meaning it was an organised fight, and was unlikely to be a fight to the death (which turning someone permanently to gold is the case). Ergo, its unlikely she would be allowed to turn someone physically to gold.

Either way theres nothing to say Aura is what is preventing her from turning their actual bodies to gold and should be removed. Aura is super inconsistent as a whole but Neptunes jacket shouldnt have turned into Gold for the same logic Carmine's Sai wouldnt if it was disconnected from her body. We dont actually ever get read the fight between Xanthe and Carmine either, so its all just speculation on how it actually went down and whether or not Xanthe could 'touch' her.
Their clothes do carry aura yes, everything an Aura user touches, carries, or wears is imbued with their aura

As for Neptune's jacket, Neptune' aura was down when she did that

Where does it say Neptune's aura was down/broken?

All im seeing is 'Neptune was worn out already', which doesnt advertly mean his aura was down, or vulnerable enough to a significant for his jacket to become open to her. If it was his aura down, they would say his aura was down, and allude to the fact that it was the only thing preventing her from using her semblance on them like you are all suggesting. Theres been instances of characters tiring out without their aura being drained and unable to protect them (like the Volume 5 fight)

Heck, the writers would have mentioned as a whole if Aura could block the effects of Xanthe's semblance (For some reason, Golden Touch is still fuelled by Aura, and other people's aura can interact, so i dont see why anyone would be immune to this aura-based power if she could turn an actual person to gold.)

Either way it all just seems like too much speculation (Saying how the fight we didnt see went down without it saying that Xanthe was trying/able to turn someone to gold permanently, Saying that Aura is the reason that Neptune didnt get turned to gold even though her Semblance doesnt spread over, and didnt directly touch him) for such a big resistance in transmutation for essentially the entire verse, and with only 1 example which you've pointed out yourself isnt that decent an example at the start. This discussion doesn't need to go on for ages, but I dont see any valid reason of actual,concrete statements and instances (over speculation) for why this should be the case. Transmutation is a big wincon so I dont think Aura has any current incentive to have this as part of its resistance.

Its been a while and things have changed so idk whats needed to be done for this to be accepted, it seems theres more people agreeing it shouldn't be included.

Its been a while and things have changed so idk whats needed to be done for this to be accepted, it seems theres more people agreeing it shouldn't be included.

Only thing that’s really change is the whole 48 hour wait from the creation of the thread. Otherwise you probably need like 1 or 2 more staff since only 1 agreed currently.

And i probably should have noticed this way earlier, and put it in the thread but...

the 'Non-Physical Interaction' power is also completely unjustified.
'With enough practice, Aura users are capable of interacting with incorporeal beings, such as the Chill. This ability is often used in saving people when attacked by a Chill by removing the Grimm from a person's body.'

The links provided here and here literally say nothing about Aura, Aura being the ability that can interact with the Chill, with 0 detail on how they would save them.
They even go out and say
"There would certainly be specialized Huntsman/tools who were capable of doing something like that.".

Specialized, meaning not every joe with an Aura can interact or affect the Chill at all, with 0 indication otherwise. So It shouldnt be included on every characters page, or any we have so far that hasn't got any canon interaction with the Chill.
At most, we can associate this to Ice Queendom and their unique character Shion Zaiden, who had a semblance and tools that were meant for a specific type of grimm, that no one else could interact with. That Grimm wasn't incorporeal and had a tangible form that could be trapped.
There are currently 0 characters who have canonically interacted with the chill, let alone have profiles on the wiki, so why is it being given to everyone if its a 'specialized' power and then literally being mentioned that 'with enough practice', establishing its not a power this character has

Im genuinely baffled why people thought everyone in the RWBY verse with an Aura gets Non-physical interaction when the links clearly state 'specialized Huntsmen/tools', and literally say nothing about Aura. It feels like we're just trying to add as many powers/resistances as we can to RWBY characters on the flimsiest reasonings...

Last edited:
Where does it say Neptune's aura was down/broken?

All im seeing is 'Neptune was worn out already', which doesnt advertly mean his aura was down, or vulnerable enough to a significant for his jacket to become open to her. If it was his aura down, they would say his aura was down, and allude to the fact that it was the only thing preventing her from using her semblance on them like you are all suggesting. Theres been instances of characters tiring out without their aura being drained and unable to protect them (like the Volume 5 fight)

Heck, the writers would have mentioned as a whole if Aura could block the effects of Xanthe's semblance (For some reason, Golden Touch is still fuelled by Aura, and other people's aura can interact, so i dont see why anyone would be immune to this aura-based power if she could turn an actual person to gold.)
The do mention it, hence why they make it so Xanthe can only affect people whose auras are down (Neptune after the fight where his aura is stated to be down, and Carmine's Sais which she had to steal from Carmine to use her semblance on).
Either way it all just seems like too much speculation (Saying how the fight we didnt see went down without it saying that Xanthe was trying/able to turn someone to gold permanently, Saying that Aura is the reason that Neptune didnt get turned to gold even though her Semblance doesnt spread over, and didnt directly touch him) for such a big resistance in transmutation for essentially the entire verse, and with only 1 example which you've pointed out yourself isnt that decent an example at the start. This discussion doesn't need to go on for ages, but I dont see any valid reason of actual,concrete statements and instances (over speculation) for why this should be the case. Transmutation is a big wincon so I dont think Aura has any current incentive to have this as part of its resistance.
What do you mean? This isnt the only example of transmutation Aura has shown to block

And i probably should have noticed this way earlier, and put it in the thread but...

the 'Non-Physical Interaction' power is also completely unjustified.
'With enough practice, Aura users are capable of interacting with incorporeal beings, such as the Chill. This ability is often used in saving people when attacked by a Chill by removing the Grimm from a person's body.'

The links provided here and here literally say nothing about Aura, Aura being the ability that can interact with the Chill, with 0 detail on how they would save them.
They even go out and say
"There would certainly be specialized Huntsman/tools who were capable of doing something like that.".

Specialized, meaning not every joe with an Aura can interact or affect the Chill at all, with 0 indication otherwise. So It shouldnt be included on every characters page, or any we have so far that hasn't got any canon interaction with the Chill.
At most, we can associate this to Ice Queendom and their unique character Shion Zaiden, who had a semblance and tools that were meant for a specific type of grimm, that no one else could interact with. That Grimm wasn't incorporeal and had a tangible form that could be trapped.
There are currently 0 characters who have canonically interacted with the chill, let alone have profiles on the wiki, so why is it being given to everyone if its a 'specialized' power and then literally being mentioned that 'with enough practice', establishing its not a power this character has

Im genuinely baffled why people thought everyone in the RWBY verse with an Aura gets Non-physical interaction when the links clearly state 'specialized Huntsmen/tools', and literally say nothing about Aura. It feels like we're just trying to add as many powers/resistances as we can to RWBY characters on the flimsiest reasonings...
Thats just bad wording. All aura users can physically attack incorporeal and intangible Grimm such as the Chill and Geists

NGL i really wish you would talk to the people on the RWBY discussion board before jumping to such massive conclusions and making blatantly incorrect statements so matter of factly

The do mention it, hence why they make it so Xanthe can only affect people whose auras are down (Neptune after the fight where his aura is stated to be down, and Carmine's Sais which she had to steal from Carmine to use her semblance on).
You need to provide links or quotes then, cause all of this seems speculated on heavily. I genuinely cannot see where any of this is stated, and where specifically it says she couldnt turn anything imbued with aura to gold.
What do you mean? This isnt the only example of transmutation Aura has shown to block
Why is this the only example linked on the wiki then?
Why havent you mentioned this before in the thread if theres more than one instance?
Arent you going to mention it straight after saying theres another example?
Thats just bad wording. All aura users can physically attack incorporeal and intangible Grimm such as the Chill and Geists
Geists arent incorporeal. They can just possess things, but their main bodies can still be harmed by physical attacks like sniper rounds. No one canonically has attacked the Chill, or fought it. The thing has only appeared in a 'fairytale' that involved no fighting.
Unless theres some statements saying Geists are incorporeal, other than speculating as such just cause theyre based on ghosts (They have an actual form, and its literally harmless on its own) then it isnt the case
NGL i really wish you would talk to the people on the RWBY discussion board before jumping to such massive conclusions and making blatantly incorrect statements so matter of factly
Im a little hesistant to discuss RWBY on the wiki (And i have done so much before as you're aware),, i just really had to ask about these new random powers Aura has been given when the 'evidence' provided doesnt seem to link up. If you can refer someone here who can explain why everyone with an aura has non-physical interaction, and resistance to transmutation (despite the sources you're linking to literally acting against everything people are claiming, and the only reasonings being speculations on how things went down) then i'm happy to look over it, but otherwise these really dont seem like justified additions to everyones powers.

Im not as big a 'fan' of RWBY as i used to be, but they were always unique characters to debate somewhat. Aura on this wiki seems to be massively...speculated on, and told that there are extra powers and resistances to it based on either theories or the flimsiest statement that actually acts against what you're trying to give it (specialized Huntsman/tools)

I only said that it feels like this way to me, not 'jumping to such massive conclusions and making blatantly incorrect statements so matter of factly.'

Last edited:
Geists arent incorporeal.
No but they are intangible
20230316_224019.jpg

They can just possess things, but their main bodies can still be harmed by physical attacks like sniper rounds.
...The sniper rounds that are coated in aura.
No one canonically has attacked the Chill, or fought it. The thing has only appeared in a 'fairytale' that involved no fighting.
No? The book version of the tale has a followup set of field notes from Ozpin documenting huntsmen who have fought and killed Chills
Im a little hesistant to discuss RWBY on the wiki, i just really had to ask about these new random powers Aura has been given.
Why? The community for RWBY is pretty chill here, i dont think anyone would have an issue with you discussing it.
You need to provide links or quotes then, cause all of this seems speculated on heavily. I genuinely cannot see where any of this is stated, and where specifically it says she couldnt turn anything imbued with aura to gold.

Why is this the only example linked on the wiki then?
Why havent you mentioned this before in the thread if theres more than one instance?
Arent you going to mention it straight after saying theres another example?

If you can refer someone here who can explain why everyone with an aura has non-physical interaction, and resistance to trasmutation (despite the sources literally acting against everything people are claiming, and the only reasonings being speculations on how things went down) then i'm happy to look over it, but otherwise these really dont seem like justified additions to everyones powers
Like i said, its more just a case of bad wording, the both have more examples but the transmutation resistance should be more along the lines of a blanket resistance to touch-based abilities as you cant touch someone without their aura blocking it, its the same reason why peoples clothes dont get burned when they get set on fire or swim through lava.

No but they are intangible
They possess the ability to be Intangible as 'geists', we can literally see them go through stuff, but are still corporeal, and therefore dont count towards non-physical interaction. Every RWBY character doesnt nullify intangibility, heck theres literally a semblance from the books that lets someone be intangible.

...The sniper rounds that are coated in aura.
Thought aura 'left' when it was separated from the body?

You mean Dust, right? And the aura-imbued weapon launches the bullets at enough of a force? Thats not non-physical interaction
No? The book version of the tale has a followup set of field notes from Ozpin documenting huntsmen who have fought and killed Chills
Such as whom on this wiki? Russel Thrush? Would love evidence of this, and having an ability that none of these characters 'specialize' in or have 'trained for' doesn't mean its justifiable to put in their Powers and Abilities.
Why? The community for RWBY is pretty chill here, i dont think anyone would have an issue with you discussing it.
I think you of all people would understand clearly Weekly.
Besides RWBY just fell off massively and i dont care enough about it in a positive way over the way better verses. I just spotted this one weird resistance, saw the faulty evidence and immediately thought to bring it up. RWBY has waaaaaay too many profiles, me partly to blame on a few
Like i said, its more just a case of bad wording, the both have more examples but the transmutation resistance should be more along the lines of a blanket resistance to touch-based abilities as you cant touch someone without their aura blocking it, its the same reason why peoples clothes dont get burned when they get set on fire or swim through lava.

Please. Please. Tell these examples. Stop saying theres more examples of resisting Transmutation, or 'touch-based abilities' and not giving them. I seem to recall you thought Aura would block a character like Kai Chisaki's Overhaul (Literal molecular deconstruction) based on little to nothing, which led to hell, but there was genuinely no actual solid statement or showing of this. At most a gif of Ren from V1 (and its choppy outdated animation) doing something thats never been seen again and Aura being changed and inconsistently tossed around since then. Fair enough Aura can project some forcefield, but it's clearly not something solid, and more imbuing and fluid, which is how blunt force still transfers. but i aint going over all that again

If these characters are immune to 'Touch-based abilities', then it needs to be shown, or stated for a blanket resistance. You should make a thread on it with all of this evidence you have, but right now theres nothing, that actually says what you are saying, that gives every character in RWBY 'resistance to transmutation' or 'Non-Physical Interaction'. It will certainly depend what 'touch-based ability' RWBY characters come against, but theres nothing solid enough to say they can resist transmutation, molecular deconstruction (Heck they've made it clear now Semblances can work on a molecular level) etc.

Either way I think both of these abilities should be removed, until theres an actual showing of a character (and how they did it) killing The Chill.

They possess the ability to be Intangible as 'geists', we can literally see them go through stuff, but are still corporeal, and therefore dont count towards non-physical interaction. Every RWBY character doesnt nullify intangibility,

Thought aura 'left' when it was separated from the body?

You mean Dust, right? And the aura-imbued weapon launches the bullets at enough of a force? Thats not non-physical interaction
Nah, bullets shot by Aura users are coated in Aura, same with their weapons, which is why they can hit Geists with them
heck theres literally a semblance from the books that lets someone be intangible.
Ye, thats layered intangibility, sorta like hos Jojo stands are more intangible than ghosts
Such as whom on this wiki? Russel Thrush? Would love evidence of this, and having an ability that none of these characters 'specialize' in or have 'trained for' doesn't mean its justifiable to put in their Powers and Abilities.
20230316_233102.jpg

As for the specialized huntsmen part, that is in reference specifically to huntsmen that have the ability to remove a Chill from a person after it has already possessed them, not that they are specialized in being able to kill them
I think you of all people would understand clearly Weekly.
Not really?
Besides RWBY just fell off massively and i dont care enough about it in a positive way over the way better verses. I just spotted this one weird resistance, saw the faulty evidence and immediately thought to bring it up.
Fair
RWBY has waaaaaay too many profiles, me partly to blame on a few
TFW its actually missing like half the profiles it should have atm
Please. Please. Tell these examples. Stop saying theres more examples of resisting Transmutation, or 'touch-based abilities' and not giving them. I seem to recall you thought Aura would block a character like Kai Chisaki's Overhaul (Literal molecular deconstruction) based on little to nothing, which led to hell, but there was genuinely no actual solid statement or showing of this. At most a gif of Ren from V1 (and its choppy outdated animation) doing something thats never been seen again and Aura being changed and inconsistently tossed around since then. Fair enough Aura can project some forcefield, but it's clearly not something solid, and more imbuing and fluid, which is how blunt force still transfers. but i aint going over all that again
First off, apologies, the ability i was thinking of was Arrastra's ability to transmute Dust into energy so i was wrong on that part.

Second off, yes, they do resist touch-based abilities, stuff like Cinder only being able to incinerate Pyrrha after her aura went down, Xanthe only being able to transmute things not coated in aura, etc. even the stuff like the characters' various temperature resistances are all because Aura just blocks it. And yes, Aura is in fact solid, Tyrian's semblance ripping holes in it as well as the current effect shown when the characters take hard hits literally shows this. Hell the guidebook even confirms that it is a solid forcefield lol.
If these characters are immune to 'Touch-based abilities', then it needs to be shown, or stated for a blanket resistance. You should make a thread on it with all of this evidence you have, but right now theres nothing, that actually says what you are saying, that gives every character in RWBY 'resistance to transmutation' or 'Non-Physical Interaction'.
There already was one in the transmutation resistance CRT, it would just fit better under a blanket 'touch based abilities' resistance, but thats not an ability we have so thats what it is atm.
It will certainly depend what 'touch-based ability' RWBY characters come against, but theres nothing solid enough to say they can resist transmutation, molecular deconstruction (Heck they've made it clear now Semblances can work on a molecular level) etc.
A character being able to break themselves down on a molecular level is not the same thing as them breaking something else down.

Weekly, give the other example of transmutation resistance. Stop stalling.

Also Geists being intangible all the time needs evidence as well.

Post what you are saying, stop making claims with no backing ad nauseum.

Weekly, give the other example of transmutation resistance. Stop stalling.
Boyo, i already said i was wrong
Also Geists being intangible all the time needs evidence as well.

Post what you are saying, stop making claims with no backing ad nauseum.
I literally posted a scan from the guidebook that says theyre intangible

20230316_224019.jpg

At least read through the thread before yelling at me smh

Last edited:
Nah, bullets shot by Aura users are coated in Aura, same with their weapons, which is why they can hit Geists with them
Alright but in this exact same thread you've been saying things that are disconnected from the main aura source are vulnerable, like Carmine's sai. A bullet would reach that with the logic.

Harriet punched a geist, and theres 0 evidence saying a Geist is 100% intangible to anyone without aura. You are speculating.
Ye, thats layered intangibility, sorta like hos Jojo stands are more intangible than ghosts
Stands are fighting spirits that work within eachother. Geists being labelled as 'intangible' once and only ever shown to phase through things theyre possessing doesnt make them 100% intangible all the time (They need to possess something or their bodies are vulnerable) nor on the level of 'incorporeality'.
You arent lowkey tryna give RWBY characters the ability to neg intangibility now are you?
If they need to be specialized to even interact with them, then its not non-physical interaction for everyone in the verse. We've seen from Ice Queendom how 'specialist' huntsmen are integrated for specific Grimm types, and literally no one else in RWBY could do what they do. Why is this counting for non-physical interaction?
TFW its actually missing like half the profiles it should have atm
maybe from actual recent characters, but it really isnt. Not every single character variant from RWBY Chibi needs a profile, nor every variant from Blazblue crosstag or smthn in an effort to make RWBY Low 1-C or smthn. Cant think of any worthy character that hasn't got a characters. Nevertheless, derailing

Second off, yes, they do resist touch-based abilities, stuff like Cinder only being able to incinerate Pyrrha after her aura went down, Xanthe only being able to transmute things not coated in aura, etc. even the stuff like the characters' various temperature resistances are all because Aura just blocks it. And yes, Aura is in fact solid, Tyrian's semblance ripping holes in it as well as the current effect shown when the characters take hard hits literally shows this. Hell the guidebook even confirms that it is a solid forcefield lol.
All of these claims and yet theres literally nothing stated or crystal clear in the show that its the case. Cinder was actually starting to melt Pyrrha's weapons (The heat/ice resistance is finite), Literally Nothing stated from Xanthe that aura gets in the way of her Aura-based power, and temperature resistances arent touch-based abilities.
Tyrinas semblance is literally made to work specifically against aura. It nullifies it. Its not enough evidence to use a power (fuelled by aura itself) that specifically counters the usage of aura in the first place. This also doesnt mean Aura can only be solid either.

Please stop saying 'the guidebook shows this' and then not providing scans or evidence. Aura is an energy, its literally described to be contained in a gauge, and as inconsistent of a power it is, it doesnt gain all of these amazing varied resistances to stuff over one instance of Ren having to actively try and ward back the snake.
There already was one in the transmutation resistance CRT, it would just fit better under a blanket 'touch based abilities' resistance, but thats not an ability we have so thats what it is atm.
I clearly wasnt there but i genuinely dont know what had to be said to think this means they can all resist transmutation. Im very aware you at the least want RWBY characters to be immune to things that touch them (Even though the aura is still being directly affected. If the aura was solid, then thats just going to weigh against whateveer the power facing against it is)
A character being able to break themselves down on a molecular level is not the same thing as them breaking something else down.
And im not saying anyone in RWBY has molecular hax (Even though Ruby is able to use her semblance to turn other people into her rose-petal form temporarily as well).

Either wway it shows a direct connection to the use of 'molecular level' and the presence of something that Chisaki could just rip apart with a touch. Nevertheless the thread is over now, so id rather not talk about this

What touch based abilities have they resisted to claim that they don’t work on them
Literally none. It was from that one V1 visual (where the animation was made to be cheap, and hasnt been shown as such since) where Ren was blocking the snakes from getting to him (even though he was shown to have to physically resist against it rather than aura just naturally preventng the snake from touching him), and they thought that this meant RWBY characters can block all touch based abilities like Chisakis Overhaul from MHA.

If anything, this 'Golden Touch' semblance just proves that semblances can also be touch-based. Given she turned Neptune's jacket to gold (while his aura wasnt specified to be down), there being nothing to say Xanthe can even turn humans to gold, let alone anything past speculation, then its really just trying to give RWBY as many versatile resistances as they can.
Heck even this 'Chill' Grimm is able to transfer itself through touch. Theres no evidence of a Chill actually doing anything to someone with a story, but given specialist huntsmen are required for it or whatever, its more than likely people with an aura are vulnerable to it.

Until theres an actual account of someone resisting being affected by a touch semblance, then it really shouldnt be so adamantly defended

Last edited:
Touch-based abilities should work on you regardless of Aura is all I’m hearing.

If the only instance of this not being the case is one scene from the earliest possible point in the series where Ren ACTIVELY projects his Aura into a forcefield to protect himself, then I have no idea why it’s assumed to be a baseline assumption. At best, you can say that if they force their Aura to be a forcefield, then they can block things, but it is definitely not a passive thing.

Also, Xanthe turning Neptune’s glove to gold, despite his glove having Aura in it, is a direct anti-feat. That literally means that touch based abilities work through Aura.

I don’t care much for the NPI argument, but Geists are indeed stated to be intangible.

this looks more like power nullification than resistance to something.
I mean, what is being nullified? Aura isn’t stated to block transmutation or any kind of touch based ability. Her power is just “I turn what I touch to gold,” she touched Neptune’s glove, his glove turned to gold. Nothing about Aura is even mentioned about her ability or this interaction. If she was nullifying his Aura then applying transmutation, that would require a lot more evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back