• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Aura's 'Transmutation' Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway the standings so far:

Agree:
Jinx666 (OP)
Kingofwolves999
Damage3245
Keeweed (based on liking, plz post a comment abt your stance to make it certain though)

Disagree:
WeeklyBattles

Unknown:
SilentLyfe
Spinoirr
XSOULOFCINDERX (Seems to be liking on the 'For removing' posts but unsure)
Cire
Lynieryz
Spin disagrees, I can already tell you that.

However the basis of this CRT should already be over. She never did what was claimed in the original ability addition thread. The ability in fact worked right through his Aura on his clothes. Resistance should go bye bye.

Very simple

Hell by your argument the cast would just have NPI regardless of whether they have aura or not, if aura is irrelevant in their ability to hit an intangible opponent then they would be able to do so without aura

okay okay no more resistance to transumation,

however they do have the NPI, and it wasn't only for the Geist, but for a Grimm that is stated to be intangible, called Chill and they can interact with him

about Aura resisting any hax touch based seems NLF

Looking this over, yeah I kinda have to admit that the Transmutation Resistance doesn't really hold up. Which means I have to once again update all the profiles.

However, I disagree with removing NPI as the guidebook literally calls them intangible Grimm.

Cool, so it should be easy for you to disprove me by showing them interacting with a Geist without aura right? Or failing to interact with one while their aura is up? Or a scan of Geists not being intangible? All you would need is a single scan to prove me wrong, so rather than making all of these assumptions of 'oh theres no direct statement that they can hit geists due to aura' or 'oh geists might not always be intangible' how about you actually practice what you preach and provide evidence like youve been demanding everyone else do in this thread?
Literal Strawman Fallacy. The geist has only appeared twice, and is a gag on RWBY chibi. No one in RWBY without an aura interacts with it. I very much doubt you'd stop making stuff up after that.

You're saying that Aura is the reason RWBY characters can hurt the Geist. The Geist has been physically punched, and oneshot by a bullet (which would prove that no, it isnt intangible all the time.), but you're failing to provide evidence that Aura is the reason the geist can be touched.

Literal Strawman Fallacy. The geist has only appeared twice, and is a gag on RWBY chibi. No one in RWBY without an aura interacts with it. I very much doubt you'd stop making stuff up after that.

You're saying that Aura is the reason RWBY characters can hurt the Geist. The Geist has been physically punched, and oneshot by a bullet (which would prove that no, it isnt intangible all the time.), but you're failing to provide evidence that Aura is the reason the geist can be touched.
Not even gonna entertain this argument anymore. Post scans.

Alright so the Transmutation resistances can unanimously go?

Thats fine then, Though id love to make a NPI one too. Theres literally nothing saying Aura is the only reason people can hit these things

Thats fine then, Though id love to make a NPI one too. Theres literally nothing saying Aura is the only reason people can hit these things
Neat. Post scans proving they cant. Ive already posted scans proving they can. Now its your turn.

Not even gonna entertain this argument anymore. Post scans.
There are no scans of a Geist being hit by someone with no aura, unless you want me to bring up RWBY Chibi

What needs to be proven is that its Aura that lets people hit a Geist? The very power you're claiming has NPI? Cause yeah, the Geist HAS been physically hit, and shot killed, but you're saying that its only because of Aura which 0 evidence for

Strawman Fallacy, you're trying to twist the argument

There are no scans of a Geist being hit by someone with no aura, unless you want me to bring up RWBY Chibi
Aura isnt even a thing in RWBY Chibi
What needs to be proven is that its Aura that lets people hit a Geist? The very power you're claiming has NPI? Cause yeah, the Geist HAS been physically hit, and shot killed, but you're saying that its only because of Aura which 0 evidence for

So again, your argument against Aura granting NPI is that an intangible grimm was killed by a weapon coated in Aura. Do you see how that doesnt make sense?

Anyway, please let's not derail at this point Transmutation can go

but not NPI, because like i said above, its not just for the Geist, but for another Grimm described as Intangible

Bro wtf are you talking about?

How the hell do they kill it with bullets and weapons and punching them with their aura still up then?

Anyway, please let's not derail at this point Transmutation can go

but not NPI, because like i said above, its not just for the Geist, but for another Grimm described as Intangible
Yes but literally Nobody has fought the Chill,or been named as such, and even then only 'Specialized people' can affect it, not Russel Thrush. the Chill is not relevant whatsoever

Can't count the votes of anyone who only likes a post.
You know seeing me mentioned despite not commenting was so confusing for a bit.

Though I agree with the op on the transmutation resistance should go (and I don’t agree with touch resistance).

When it comes to NPI, I’m on the fence.

Edit: Also sorry (directed to anyone who knows what I’m talking about) for not making the penny thread I talked about last week, Rwby scans are annoying to grab because they nuked their YouTube and I’ve been busy with some other threads.

Yes but literally Nobody has fought the Chill,or been named as such, and even then only 'Specialized people' can affect it, not Russel Thrush. the Chill is not relevant whatsoever
Im still not sure where youre getting this idea from. The notes specify that there are specialized huntsment to REMOVE a Chill without killing the host, not that they are the only ones that can kill a Chill

Geists dont have aura. They're Grimm.
Yeah they don't, aura users can hit them, people without aura can't do anything to protect themselves from them flying into them or going past them

Only huntsman can kill chills as shown by the QNA and the fairy tail episode

Alright but if Transmutation resistance can go, then this thread can be closed

I'll make a separate one for NPI, cause theres nothing saying that people can only hit a Geist grimm because of Aura, and otherwise the Geist HAS been taken out with physical attacks

RWBY on this wiki man

Im still not sure where youre getting this idea from. The notes specify that there are specialized huntsment to REMOVE a Chill without killing the host, not that they are the only ones that can kill a Chill
This is the whole justification for NPI on every page int he first place. Im not saying to kill it, im saying 'affect it'.

Dear god someone close the thread

Putting all the scans in one post so Jinx cant complain and so that people can see them on the second page of this debate:

20230316_233102.jpg
notes specify that there are specialized huntsment to REMOVE a Chill without killing the host, not that they are the only ones that can kill a Chill
20230316_224019.jpg
Geists stated to be intangible

I'll make a separate one for NPI, cause theres nothing saying that people can only hit a Geist grimm because of Aura, and otherwise the Geist HAS been taken out with physical attacks

RWBY on this wiki man
That is bordering on being RVT worthy Jinx, just letting you know

Putting all the scans in one post so Jinx cant complain and so that people can see them on the second page of this debate:

20230316_233102.jpg
notes specify that there are specialized huntsment to REMOVE a Chill without killing the host, not that they are the only ones that can kill a Chill
20230316_224019.jpg
Geists stated to be intangible
Geists are literally insatiable, anyone who can kill them has NPI and given a huntsmans job is to kill grimm, this includes Geists, who are intangible

Yes Geists can be intangible. But whats saying aura is the reason that they can be physically punched to death, so that we can go along your pipedream that theyre always in a passive intangible state 24/7?

Cause otherwise it suggests that Geists have to choose when they're intangible, and if they dont do it in time, they can get physically hit.

Yes Geists can be intangible. But whats saying aura is the reason that they can be physically punches to death, so that we can go along your pipedream that theyre always in a passive intangible state 24/7?
Geists are literally insatiable, anyone who can kill them has NPI and given a huntsmans job is to kill grimm, this includes Geists, who are intangible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back