• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Aura's 'Transmutation' Resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well someone needs to tell you because its obvious youre not understanding it.
"You disagree with me, therefore you are wrong"

Before this, you didnt even think to use the Geist as the main example of NPI. You were so crazed abt RWBy having an incorporeal being you tried scaling it to a being that literally no one in verse has notably fought before, or even interacted with.

Can we please not conceed to an argument based solely on baseless assumptions and a complete lack of evidence?
Well it's possibly due to the fact we never seen them fight a ghist/chill before expect the characters who have. Also we don't know if someone with Aura has to be trained to do it or learn how to do it, so lots of information isn't available for a straight up "everyone with Aura get it straight up", so possibly works fine

Please post where its stated that it can do that. For ***** sake you demanding that i post a scan for every word that i say and then turning around and outright refusing to post a single shred of evidence for your entire argument is irony to the highest degree.
Post scans for things like 'Neptunes aura is down' or 'Xanthe was trying to turn Carmine to gold' yes please

Cause these were literally int your imagination

"You disagree with me, therefore you are wrong"

Before this, you didnt even think to use the Geist as the main example of NPI. You were so crazed abt RWBy having an incorporeal being you tried scaling it to a being that literally no one in verse has notably fought before, or even interacted with.
I wasnt the one who worded the profiles the way they currently are, the Geist was the main argument i used for NPI

Post scans for things like 'Neptunes aura is down' or 'Xanthe was trying to turn Carmine to gold' yes please

Cause these were literally int your imagination
Nice attempt at deflection, unfortunately the sum total of your entire argument is currently in your imagination

@Jinx666 may I see evidence, not explanation, that Geists can turn tangible?

I'm not claiming their intangibility works 100% in the case they can choose when they're intangible.

Theres just no way of disproving that it could work this way either, since we've seen Geists get physically attacked. Weekly is saying this is because of Aura, but theres nothing whatsoever, no statement from a character, that implies Aura is the reason they can harm Geists.

I'm not claiming their intangibility works 100% in the case they can choose when they're intangible.
Post a scan that says they can do that.
Theres just no way of disproving that it could work this way either, since we've seen Geists get physically attacked. Weekly is saying this is because of Aura, but theres nothing whatsoever, no statement from a character, that implies Aura is the reason they can harm Geists.
Cool, by that argument the cast has NPI without their Aura. They can just hit intangible grimm without needing aura to do so.

In other words, you're making an assumption based on no scans. Lovely.

Could literally ask you the same thing.
The geist is literally only said to be 'Intangible'. This can either mean its always intangible or it has the ability to turn intangible.

I am not 100% saying this is how the Geists intangibility works. It just literally has about as much merit as saying the Geist is passivley 100% intangible. There is no indication on which way it works.
Show where its stated that it becomes intangible. Literally all you have to do. Post one scan.
You are the one hellbent on saying how the Geist's intangibility works, even though theres literally 0 mention or statement like 'Oh hey, only us Huntsmen with an aura can actually touch this thing'. There is nothing saying that Aura is the only quality fuelling NPI.
Cool, by that argument the cast has NPI without their Aura. They can just hit intangible grimm without needing aura to do so.

Bros are actually deluding themselves into thinking what they want to hear.

The geist was described as Intangible, and being as its the best case to fit your argument, Weekly mainly has decided to think of the ONLY way this intangibility can work is if the Geist was 100% intangible always.

But oh wait, they've been physically hit before? Well lets just say its because of RWBYs 'busted ability' Aura and therefore that gives everyone NPI, rather than possibly considering the not-disproved option that the Geists intangibility could work in a way that might not suggest the extra added power for aura.

Bros are actually deluding themselves into thinking what they want to hear.

The geist was described as Intangible, and being as its the best case to fit your argument, Weekly mainly has decided to think of the ONLY way this intangibility can work is if the Geist was 100% intangible always.

But oh wait, they've been physically hit before? Well lets just say its because of RWBYs 'busted ability' Aura and therefore that gives everyone NPI, rather than possibly considering the not-disproved option that the Geists intangibility could work in a way that might not suggest the extra added power for aura.
Neat. Post a scan that proves they can become tangible.

Show where its stated that it becomes intangible. Literally all you have to do. Post one scan.
You actually cant read Weekly.

There is no 'scan' that says the Geist can turn tangible. But youre clinging to it being 100% this intangible being ont he simple fact it was called 'intangible' and only considering the possibility that no one is able to hit it.

Then you're making it up out of thin air that Aura is what lets people hit the Geist
Yeah you wish 💀

Being described as 'intangible' doesnt exclude the possibility that you can maybe turn it on and off.

Guys.... I thought NPI was being saved for another thread?

@Jinx666; stop taking this thread off-topic.

God someone please close this, its a cry for help

They genuinely cant understand that being described as 'intangible' doesnt automatically suggest youre a 100% intangible being 24/7

No, you cant read. Im not even making an assumption, stop cheerleading

Buddy. Pal. One side has evidence for intangibility, your counter-argumenta are covered by NPI.

You then go onto say something you cannot post a scan for.

Your argument is, by default, weaker then Weekly's becuase you do not have a scan of what your second back-up argument is. Geists becoming tangible therefore, is an assumption. Conjecture.

Because it has no evidence backing up its existence.
It does. Its got physically hit before, but you're saying this is due to Aura.

Because of this, its got about as much as a chance of being a case than the Geist being 100% intangible all the time. Just being described as 'intangible' doesnt mean the geists cant control this state of themselves. Especially when they've been hit before

Where does it say that aura is the reason because of this?

It does. Its got physically hit before

Where does it say that aura is the reason because of this?
Jinx you cannot be this ******* dense. It got hit by weapons coated in aura. By your arguments the cast would have NPI even without aura because you havent provided any evidence that Geists can become tangible. Whether or not Aura allows them to hit intangible stuff is irrelevant as you havent even provided proof for the crux of your argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back