• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

On the arguments point, people have argued while being banned too. That never stopped anybody. Everlasting and Aeyu still make important contributions. Arc can too, he just has to ask other members to post his arguments. And it's not like other knowledgeable people can't argue Bleach.
As long as he has a way to contact us however it is simply easier for him to argue for himself.

It would likely not be very efficient that way though. Allowing him to give 1 or 2 strictly on-topic closing arguments seems fine at least.

I think that a temporary ban is in order for Arc7Kuroi, once he's posted his final argument. I feel like it has to be longer than just a month in order for it to have a meaningful effect. Three or six months, or in between, something around that length seems most appropriate to me.

I think that a temporary ban is in order for Arc7Kuroi, once he's posted his final argument. I feel like it has to be longer than just a month in order for it to have a meaningful effect. Three or six months, or in between, something around that length seems most appropriate to me.
Also, make sure to tell him beforehand that he may be getting banned afterward so he can say everything he wants.

Given the repeated infractions in the past which he got warnings for, current infraction, and the trolling response to a formal warning, I'd say that behavior can amount to 6 months. But I'll see what other staff members have to say.

00potato has been a neverending destructive destabilising influence in this community ever since he first came here, seemingly systematically and deliberately. I am usually likely too lenient, but in his case, I want him permanently gone, yes. He has also made it very clear that he cannot be reasoned with, as he outright disrespects and mocks staff instructions.

6 months for Arc7 is probably fine, but I think that he should be allowed to post elaborate closing arguments in the Bleach discussion first.

Last edited:
00potato has been a neverending destructive destabilising influence in this community ever since he first came here, seemingly systematically and deliberately. I am usually likely too lenient, but in his case, I want him permanently gone, yes. He has made it very clear that he cannot be reasoned with, as he outright disrespects and mocks staff instructions.
I know that there are a lot of people he enjoys and he only mocks people that he believes have done something wrong and I haven't seen any complaints from many other members or staff. This wiki is too big I don't think it can be destroyed by one member, after all, we have survived far worse I think its better to just ignore him It will help him to mellow out arguing with him will lead to problems and banning him will just seem like another reason to hate the wiki and the staff.

Also, I would just like to mention that in many cases banning people have only resulted in more hatred.
We still have to try to maintain some semblance of order in this community, and allowing them to remain here to incite against the staff and the conventions of this community is not an acceptable solution.

At the end of the day we also tend to get hatred and harrassment directed our way no matter what we do.

Yout:

He has gone over the line dozens of times at this point, and systematically inciting people, who then incite other people, is both dangerous and strongly against our regulations. He needs to go, period, regardless if other staff members have paid attention to what he is doing or not.

We still have to try to maintain some semblance of order in this community, and allowing them to remain here to incite against the staff and the conventions of this community is not an acceptable solution.

At the end of the day we tend to get hatred and harrassment directed our way no matter what we do.
Yeah but I think we can fix that at least give them a semblance that we are hearing them out. They usually come here because they love vs battle wiki or they love debating this is supposed to be a hobby for us all right. Why take it so seriously that we have to ban people if there posting obvious hatred then sure but simply mocking or trolling shouldn't be ban-worthy in my opinion. You know the old saying kill em with kindness.

Yout:

He has gone over the line dozens of times at this point, and systematically inciting people, who then incite other people, is both dangerous and strongly against our regulations. He needs to go, period, regardless if other staff members have paid attention to what he is doing or not.
Well, the staff members should have an opinion. If they're willing to ignore him and they can live with him being here why can't the rest of us. This is a community in everyone has a say, staff members, and regular members at least leave it to a vote and get other opinions.

I am usually easily one of the most helpful and patient members of this community, but "killing people with kindness" is a ridiculous assessment beyond a certain point of giving them many chances. Then it turns into "fool me once, shame on you, fool me 50 times, shame on me". Now please stop interfering. This is a staff issue.

Why take it so seriously that we have to ban people if there posting obvious hatred then sure but simply mocking or trolling shouldn't be ban-worthy in my opinion.
I think you are asking the wrong question here. Your question should be why take it so seriously that you have to go above and beyond to break rules that are there for everyone to follow so that the community can still remain a fun place where people can exercise their hobbies. And if your point is that we should stop banning people, that's not a workable solution at all, and not how any site runs.

I think you have made your point, and I appreciate it. But it's going off-topic. Let's wait for other staff members to comment.

EDIT: Rule violations are really not up for community voting. I think you're new here, so I thought I should make it clear.

We do not vote in rule-violation threads. The staff get infractions reported to them and then make judgements. That's it. Now immediately please stop spamming interference regarding an important issue. Thank you.

Just a note that our system manager said that he has fixed the ignore function problem.

Eh I think Arc should get like a 3 month ban tbh. It’s not like he’s a CONSTANT toxic behavior. He’s pretty much like this only when it comes to bleach since it’s not like he’s going around being a troll for no reason

The only thing that I will be weighing in on that report above is that....there’s a lot, and I mean a lot, of constantly thrown accusations at people saying they are liars in that general thread.

Take that as you will.

@LordGinSama; if you post in that thread without permission again, I will have to give you a very short ban. I'm getting pretty tired of having to delete your posts.
Yeah no unfortunately for you, you can't just go around and ban people on your own accord Damage. First things, Kukui already reported me and the conclusion of normal users commenting is fine as long as there isn't an toxic behavior.

So don't @ me with this needless form of quasi aggression. You have no grounds for a ban, let alone a warning. Hell I'm not even sure why you decided to reply to a situation that's already been dealt with hours ago without your air.

Thank you for constantly trying so hard to keep the peace Schnee. I greatly appreciate it.

00potato has been a neverending destructive destabilising influence in this community ever since he first came here, seemingly systematically and deliberately. I am usually likely too lenient, but in his case, I want him permanently gone, yes. He has also made it very clear that he cannot be reasoned with, as he outright disrespects and mocks staff instructions.
I know I am no longer staff but I do support Antvasima's decision here.

What would be better would be for Arc and AKM to PM each other to discuss their grievances and why both sides have acted the way they did since there seems to be two contrary opinions on that Bleach thread.

One wants to finish the thread ASAP while the other preferably wants more time while waiting for someone very important in that thread to post.

Depends on whether finishing that Bleach thread immediately is top priority or not, really.

One wants to finish the thread ASAP while the other preferably wants more time while waiting for someone very important in that thread to post.
I should probably step in a sec to give a bit of clarification on this point right here so no one gets the wrong idea.

The people who want the thread to continue onward are not doing so to finish it ASAP, they are doing it because people cant be waited on all day to come when they do not come at the time they originally specified. As in, they say they'll come at a time, but do not come, and makes it stalling to wait on them (which isnt the case anymore since they should be coming sometime today for sure now).

Just want to clarify this small thing. There is a difference between wanting to rush the thread but also not wait forever on others.

While some of Ant's claim seem a bit exaggerated, 00potato from what I've seen has been continuous annoyance with literally no measure whatsoever of helpful attitude and their behavior against staff members like we're some sort of hivemind plague makes me completely certain keeping them around is not doing the wiki any favors.

00potato has also made this comment to an important thread regarding how we handle tier 2 and said nothing else. It's a minor thing, yes, but I thought it was worth bringing to light given the nature of the report and the plan to permanently ban him (which I support, by the way).

It seems that most staff think that 00potato should be banned. How long though?
I think an indefinite ban going by what some members are saying seems appropriate, or if not that then a ban that is at least a year long seems required.

I support an infinite ban. Haven't seen him being useful. Always seen him being problematic. I don't think he's going to be any help in the future. But if others want, we could give him a chance to appeal after one year if he has matured enough by then.

I argued in his favor in the past, given that he isn't always problematic, and sometimes gives normal and even interesting contributions to discussion threads and such, but this thread alone and the past examples are just too much.
Personally, I'd vote for one year and see how he behaves after. (but maybe I'm just too soft)

Back