• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theuser789 said:
I am getting a little bit lost right now, is anyone getting banned or are the staff simply going to discuss the rules? I already said everything I needed to say at least about myself. Also I will be inactive for 7 hours so hoppefuly no big action against me is nade during it, not that I think it will after apologizing
I think that Medeus will show Mr. Bambu and the HR group all of the available screencaptures that he has, after which they will evaluate it and weigh in the severity of the misdemeanours against the displayed willingness to shape up. Or that's the idea anyway.

I really feel the need to apologize myself, mostly for not being able to turn the other cheek and just ignore some things. After talking with Kep and friends on Discord I realized they were mostly right. Mean words on the internet are just that, sticks and stones.

At the end of the day, I'm sure none of the Sonic supporters discussed here have any ill intentions. I should've just ignored it. I know better, I'm an adult.

It's just I've been going through several episodes of depression, and seeing that comment from Void back in the RV 56 and the following drama triggered my PTSD of the moments I nearly took my own life during the 2017 drama-fest. I don't want to go back to being that person. I hate drama, I hate feeling angry all the time. It makes me sick. To protect myself I biasedly just followed whatever Medeus and Cal told me and they're not the type to lie, but I should've been able to judge the situation better. But I was so afraid of drama coming back into my life that I subconsciously was trying to get them all banned, despite saying I don't care if Void was banned or not.

It's not easy suffering from mental illness in Japan. Mental illness isn't treated very seriously here, so I haven't been able to get much professional help. Regardless, it's unacceptable to try and get someone banned when they have at least on site, have shapened up somewhat. Even though I was doing so subconsciously. I just want to make friends here. I don't want to have "beef" with anyone ever.

I realized that I still have a lot of growing up to do. My sister was right, numerical age doesn't automatically make you an adult. And your 20s is the perfect time to finish properly maturing into a true adult. So to Corgi, Oblivion, Shadow, User, and the rest, I sincerely apologize for my behavior. And to all the staff here + Agnaa and GojiBoy, I also apologize for being incapable of handling this situation better than I have. I should know better by now.

The "mole/rat" who took a majority of these screenshots and was feeding them to... Whoever it is here, has since been dealt with in response to breaking one of the rules of the server he took a majority of those screen caps from.

"Don't bring your beef in this server/Drag Beef from in the server to other servers, this includes screenshotting comments from inside the server to show people outside of the server, or bringing in outside people here to add on to trouble or drama, if you get caught turning on the server, that's grounds for an auto ban."

You need not concern yourselves with this any longer. This is the last you'll be seeing of anything of this sort.

Look guys. I'm not someone trying to make everyone my enemy here. I came on this site to make new friends and continue my debating skills after G+ got deleted. All I really is the staff treat themselves on the same level of respect they give to regular members. Because at the end of the day, we're still people. We shouldn't be banning people we don't like because of a series they support or giving other people a hard time and getting them stressed out.

That's my hot take.

The worst part of this is that the really nice and well-meaning staff members (DDM, Cal, Sera and Matt) are getting attacked by a group of people just because they are trying to do their jobs. Why would they even bother then? They should just up and leave? This is unacceptable. It doesn't matter if it happened off-site, it reached here, it's having an effect here so much so that the whole thread has been clogged up and it's taking everybody's time, and the intent and agenda of said group toward certain individuals is clear as a sunny day. The staff members in question don't even want to interact within those threads now. What's next? Drive all of them away, just like the previous discord group tried to do?

Matt is also right about that we're being too lenient. If all of this would've happened in some thread on-site, the offenders would have been immediately banned.

Also we can't always defend to "HR group will handle this" whenever we see a controversial situation. They are also staff members who are busy and have their priorities and they are already tasked with handling delicate matters related to complaints against staff. You can't just dump all of your responsibilites on them. Being a staff, it's the responsibility of everone to assess the situation and solve it to your best of abilities, not run away or ignore them.

This matter shouldn't be brushed aside. I agree with Bambu and call for some serious action to be taken. Otherwise it would just get worse in the future.

"It doesn't matter if it happened off-site, it reached here, it's having an effect here so much so that the whole thread has been clogged up and it's taking everybody's time, and the intention of said group is clear as a sunny day."

To my knowledge, It only reached here and affected things here because someone purposefully went to the discord, gathered screen shots and posted it here. The bullying is off site, left at insults/petty banter and the victims are unaware of said bullying (except those who visited the discord). That doesn't seem valid enough to report something or get someone banned here.

Am I crazy for thinking this way? (Be honest guys)

This seems like this can resolved better by talking with those people on the discord.

@Dienom And? it reached here nonetheless. It was made public and we were all made aware of it. The intent of some members were made clear. If any evidence about anyone coming from anywhere is enough to know that a particular individual is nothing but trouble and is not worth keeping around, we won't keep them around (and that includes staff alike). Simple as that, I and other admins already addressed that.

@AKM sama

"it reached here nonetheless"

Yea but not by people from the discord who did nothing but kept to their toxic selves. They did not bully here or harrassed their victims directly and the victims were completely unaware of said bullying until this happened.

Why are you guys calling them trouble for their off site views and opinions? Did they create trouble on the VBW recently? Did they not provide engaging and non toxic contributions to the wiki recently? People are calling them trouble because they see the stuff they do on discord rather than the stuff they provided on the wiki. And if they cause trouble on the wiki then sure properly punish them.

Yes. AKM is obviously correct about that if these people have done banworthy things they should probably be removed, as we definitely cannot have staff members being attacked and stressed out, but somebody first needs to properly evaluate if we actually have proper evidence of this, and that is probably best left handled in private between Mr. Bambu and the HR group. Spamming the RVR threads is not an efficient way of dealing with this. It just stresses people out further.

Is he a previously banned member? If so, I would appreciate if somebody could take care of the sockpuppet.

Sera EX said:
Sorry Kep, but the only person "coming to threads to say a bunch of crap, derail the conversation, draw out people's anger, etc." is Matt. Cal and Medeus have never done that, neither have I or Dragon and we're the other four mods part of this whole thing. Your comment really didn't help anything either. It was arguably just as unproductive as the comments Matt makes on threads, which you just spoke out against.
So is nobody going to address this? It sounds like a thing not unique to that hopefully-dying Sonic fan fiasco.

As an aside, I should apologize if any of my conduct in that 2-B Sonic thread was too untoward.

Reporting BANLK for offensive language . Not recommending any action so much as I think he should be made aware (By staff so it means more) that is not acceptable here and people have been banned for even accidental use of it before.

Actually, Antvasima said the B word isn't ban worthy by default, but I think it might have been at one period. Though, unlike the N word or the R word, they actually do look at context rather than the actual word. But I censored the words anyway just to be safe. That being said, BANLK is a good guy, but I could leave him a light message on his wall.

But all in all, nothing was report worthy.

We do not consider the b-word remotely banworthy, and I was told that Fandom does not consider it bannable either anymore, which is why I removed it from our filter after a request by The real cal howard.

Yes. No problem. Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back