• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasyacarey was being repeatedly rude towards ClassicNESfan in the thread linked below, when the latter was just trying to help, despite that I tried to ask her to calm down.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3430075#227

Would somebody be willing to give her a warning? She doesn't seem to listen to me.

Okay. Thanks. I would prefer if some staff member handles it though.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Thanks. I would prefer if some staff member handles it though.
When I looked at what they were saying I think a staff member warning them would have made things worse, as they were talking about bias, so a staff member warning could have fanned the flame.

BigSmoke has admitted to directly contacting an author regarding a character's power set here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3709317?useskin=oasis#85

I advise you skim the thread for full context. I have informed him that it is, to my knowledge, a rule violation, and I am mostly reporting for thoroughness sake. If any further action is needed, I leave that to you. At worst, I believe he deserves a warning, which I have provided. But to be safe, I bring this matter to you.

I'm following this again to see if anything happens with me over this.

(Just a disclaimer, I was not aware of the "no asking creators" rule)

The Wright Way said:
BigSmoke has admitted to directly contacting an author regarding a character's power set here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3709317?useskin=oasis#85
I advise you skim the thread for full context. I have informed him that it is, to my knowledge, a rule violation, and I am mostly reporting for thoroughness sake. If any further action is needed, I leave that to you. At worst, I believe he deserves a warning, which I have provided. But to be safe, I bring this matter to you.
That seems a little extreme :-( Making rules against communicating??

It isn't the kind of rule that is bannable. We just don't want to become known as a source of annoyance to authors everywhere.

Also, leading questions with brief offhanded replies are usually not useful anyway.

Wait we can't contact an Author about a certain character? That's actually against the rules? That doesn't even effect this website let alone have anything to do with it.

It's basic human etiquette to not spam a creator with questions of the power levels of characters, & then coming up here and using a hasty statement as a fact to upgrade verses. It really is a testament to online behaviour that we have to spell it out to everyone, so that's why the rule exists.

Anyways can we stop cluttering the thread with unrelated question that are better to be asked on message walls or Q&A threads?

It's not actually a rule violation to ask an author a VS Debating question, since that'd be ridiculously stupid and out of our control/jurisdiction. The actual rule is not actively going out of your way to harass people in general - including authors for feats and then directly tying your harassment to this wiki.

The actual rule that should be reinforced is reminding the person in question that the answer they obtain from the author is gonna be rejected anyway due to DoA, so...it's an exercise in futility, pretty much.

Question about DoA, if a feat or statement is inherently vague or open Interpretation such that we create our own interpretation out of it, and the author says otherwise about this Interpretation asserting this if what he meant, do we still apply DoA? Because at that point we'd effectively be creating fanfiction as evidence for something?

I mean, every user ever here has called a community as stupid, wankish, cancerous etc., etc, it is pointlessly baitish and stupid, but exactly report-worthy IMO, unless they're attacking other fans in an emotionally damaging sense, and the word "cancerous" is a meme anyhow

Yes, he doesn't seem to be a problem.

Hmm, yeah I see. As I said before, this wasn't much considering this was only the first time. I was more thinking that it was something to take note of rather than to get a slight warning, so my apologies if I had wasted your time. However, one thing that strikes me as odd as how after saying it was cancerous, he goes on to say "recently I had a run in with one of them and I didn't like it that much". "One of them" most likely referring to me (possibly as a result from this thread) Though of course, I'll just keep this to myself since it was a little vague.

Thank you for understanding.

GyroNutz and Medeus are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back