• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

This isn’t like, two or three scans. It’s a giant ass grocery list of scans he’s been using and altering quite largely for the pages. Chase even ignored what Red told him about this. We don’t need to do any detective work to determine why Chase did that in the face of somebody who knows MUCH more about the language that is the basis of these translations

This is absolutely a smoking gun
Eh, no. We are eager to fly off the handle at it because we don't like Chase. I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but the vast majority of these mistakes have no implications on scaling. For instance:

Chase's TL: Although, I will soon not be able discern how much time has passed in the future, however the fact that BB has already arrived at the Moon Cell is certainly something that can't be denied regardless.
My TL: Although I don't know how far off in the future it'd be, the point is that BB already reached the Moon Cell. That fact is absolutely unchangeable.
Judgment: What did you think that first clause meant??? It's an INCREDIBLY simple one too, how did you get "soon I won't be able to tell how much time will pass in the future"? What does that even mean? Why would Rin need to say that? You must have been tripped up by that "後かの" SO HARD if you seriously thought that was "how much time will have passed in the future" Like, seriously, take a step back and rework on your understanding of parsing grammar rules. Oh, and "動かせない/unchangeable" isn't exactly "can't be denied" but that's way smaller in comparisoon

Yeah, someone tell me what exactly we think Chase's goal was in altering this? I'm very familiar with this whole sequence and the scaling that Rin's statement is used for. None of the mistakes he made have any impact on how that scan is used.

I will say though, as someone who is regularly in the position of reviewing the translations of others, I can strongly relate to the sense of frustration felt in the "judgments" section about grammar points or words appearing out of nowhere, and I thought it was funny. Sometimes you see a word added and the sheer inexplicable absence of the word in the source material cuts deep, like "Why, man, why?! Why did you add that word if it wasn't there?! Show me where it is!" but in a case like this I'd need to think there was actual malice, and again, in nearly all of these cases it's just not a substantive change or one where you could come away with the impression that Chase was intentionally changing things. The same way that the people that work for me aren't adding words because they're dirty liars, they just aren't very good at the language and feel like things are implied when they aren't.
The difference is that the words being added or removed are clearly there to push an agenda. People working under you aren't biased as **** VS scalers.

But that's largely irrelevant to me. I fully realize this is not normally a permaban worthy event. But to avoid any disastrous change in legislation, and due to the combined weight of Chase's actions, yes, I am indeed willing and able to use this.

This is our Al Capone being jailed for his tax evasion, have no doubt about that. But I don't see a problem with it.

Eh, no. We are eager to fly off the handle at it because we don't like Chase. I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but the vast majority of these mistakes have no implications on scaling. For instance:

Chase's TL: Although, I will soon not be able discern how much time has passed in the future, however the fact that BB has already arrived at the Moon Cell is certainly something that can't be denied regardless.
My TL: Although I don't know how far off in the future it'd be, the point is that BB already reached the Moon Cell. That fact is absolutely unchangeable.
Judgment: What did you think that first clause meant??? It's an INCREDIBLY simple one too, how did you get "soon I won't be able to tell how much time will pass in the future"? What does that even mean? Why would Rin need to say that? You must have been tripped up by that "後かの" SO HARD if you seriously thought that was "how much time will have passed in the future" Like, seriously, take a step back and rework on your understanding of parsing grammar rules. Oh, and "動かせない/unchangeable" isn't exactly "can't be denied" but that's way smaller in comparisoon

Yeah, someone tell me what exactly we think Chase's goal was in altering this? I'm very familiar with this whole sequence and the scaling that Rin's statement is used for. None of the mistakes he made have any impact on how that scan is used.
You’re taking literally one example out of a pool of several scans. Posing this as what’s being used as the strongest evidence of Chase’s translation manipulation is twisting the argument

And again. It doesn’t explain why Chase would ignore advice from somebody who actually speaks Japanese

You’re taking literally one example out of a pool of several scans. Posing this as what’s being used as the strongest evidence of Chase’s translation manipulation is twisting the argument
Well, yes, because trying to go over each mistakes all at once would be needlessly lengthy, I'm just saying that's the impression I walk away with.

And again. It doesn’t explain why Chase would ignore advice from somebody who actually speaks Japanese
Salt? Pride?

Look I don't really care enough about Chase to try very hard to stop us from perma banning him for this so that we can avoid talking about whether his off-site statements are bannable but like, lets at least be transparent that we are making a mountain out of a molehill explicitly to avoid dealing with an actual mountain.

Bro.

He translated the same piece of text. Thrice in a row. Each time more radically different than the last, the last one cutting out content from the original. Do you really want me to bring Red here to settle this grievous error?

Even ignoring that, what do you exactly have to say about your friend literally admitting he rushed the translations?

I addressed it in the staff chat before. Phantom told me in DMs that he indeed has talked to the victim of Dread's grooming, which Dread denied in the first place judging by his side of the story sent by @Dereck03. Phantom told me that Dread knew she was underaged (which Dread denied that he didn't); there might be more to the story but I'm clueless about it. Dread claimed all those allegations were fake, but judging by those screenshots sent by BasedNecoScaler, I think it's safe to assume that Dread's side of the story is unreliable since he lied about such things. Permaban seems like a good precedent, I agree.

I also agree with a permaban but I think reports of this kind should be discussed on DM with staff and this specific staff member should bring it to the staff DM.

As much as I wish all the worst for these kind of people, I don’t think everyone should know about this, it’s even worse considering the sensitive themes the report has.

I also agree with a permaban but I think reports of this kind should be discussed on DM with staff and this specific staff member should bring it to the staff DM.

As much as I wish all the worst for these kind of people, I don’t think everyone should know about this, it’s even worse considering the sensitive themes the report has.
Dread is not a staff member anymore, this is no longer a HR issue. But i can spoiler tag the images if absolutely needed

Dread is not a staff member anymore, this is no longer a HR issue. But i can spoiler tag the images if absolutely needed
IIRC HR still deals with retired members. But this isn’t a matter of being staff or not, the topic is sensitive enough to warrant a discussion in DMs, and you don’t need to expose all of this to everyone.

This is not a rule mind you, I just think this is what should be done.

IIRC HR still deals with retired members. But this isn’t a matter of being staff or not, the topic is sensitive enough to warrant a discussion in DMs, and you don’t need to expose all of this to everyone.
HR doesn't deal with retired members but yeah, I agree this topic is quite sensitive and very disturbing and more favorable in staff chat, hence why I didn't report it to the RVRT

Not that it's needed at this point (I also agree with a permaban fwiw), but Dread has also said a lot of racist shit and is apparently a believer in anti-semitic conspiracy theories. Zero redeeming qualities all around, keep them the hell away from this site.
Respectfully, could we not turn a very serious allegation into a situation where we throw every possible thing this person may have said at the wall? It's not appropriate, regardless of the validity of your concerns.

I'm not coming to Dread's defense and would hate for it to seem that way, this just should have been handled better and was not.

I very strongly agree with that these types of topics should consistently be handled via DMs, especially considering that our HR group is already supposed to evaluate the veracity of these claims in private. Let's constantly try to avoid as much community-destabilising panicked knee-jerk reaction inducing drama as possible please.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Respectfully, could we not turn a very serious allegation into a situation where we throw every possible thing this person may have said at the wall? It's not appropriate, regardless of the validity of your concerns.

I'm not coming to Dread's defense and would hate for it to seem that way, this just should have been handled better and was not.
Very strongly agreed. Thank you. 🙏❤️

Should we delete the controversial post above?

Back