• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

a lot of people are commenting on dreads profile and talking about how terrible of a person he is (deserved)
are we allowed to do this tho??

Dread has already been banned. There is no point in people leaving messages there as some kind of platform to rant against another user. At this point people should just move on, so I'll be deleting those messages from Dread's wall and hope that people will just let it go.
If he’s ever going to come back after the ban then that’s really going to be worth my concern. But I agree we should let it go for now, or convey this to staff chat if anyone wishes.

Chase's translations suck, but I don't think that's grounds for a permaban. I'd say more something like one year.
Not staff but just bringing to attention something, Chase tried to downgrade Fate/Nasu using his own translations (which were called out in the same thread from what I saw) and given he is being judged here by manipulating translations about Nasuverse.

You get my point.
Unless this is true, But Deagon said the exact opposite earlier.
Eh, no. We are eager to fly off the handle at it because we don't like Chase. I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but the vast majority of these mistakes have no implications on scaling. For instance:

Yeah, someone tell me what exactly we think Chase's goal was in altering this? I'm very familiar with this whole sequence and the scaling that Rin's statement is used for. None of the mistakes he made have any impact on how that scan is used.
Or rather, he said that while they were used, the mistranslations didn't impact the scaling.

The thread's too dense to dig through on my own. So unless Tony can point out things that were mistranslated, used to argue for a change in stats, and don't have the possibility of a simple mistake, I think banning permanently is ludicrously harsh.

We should not be approaching things with an "Al Capone for tax evasion" mindset, we should enforce our rules consistently.

If our rules suck, we should change them.

Refusing to do so, and trying to seek out loopholes like this, will only damage the site more in the longterm. By undermining trust in staff when another example of mistranslations comes up which we (rightfully) hand out a shorter ban for. Or by letting a creep run free because we never changed our rules to disallow Chase's off-site comments.

Last edited:
Unless this is true
this is true
image.png

Or rather, he said that while they were used, the mistranslations didn't impact the scaling.
the thread was originally a tier 1 downgrade, with the purpose of removing an 8D statement and a 2-A feat using his translations.
image.png

image.png

image.png

Nanaya, your post isn't very clear.

I can't find the translation you show in the review doc, and so, I can't be sure that it's a mistranslation.

Agnaa, I think you're taking a blind spot on the main reason why Chase was banned from this community.
I'm not, and I think I made that very explicitly clear.
We should not be approaching things with an "Al Capone for tax evasion" mindset, we should enforce our rules consistently.

Refusing to do so, and trying to seek out loopholes like this, will only damage the site more in the longterm. By undermining trust in staff when another example of mistranslations comes up which we (rightfully) hand out a shorter ban for. Or by letting a creep run free because we never changed our rules to disallow Chase's off-site comments.

Chase sent me this message on Discord.
Hi DDM I hope you are doing well. Look I am really grateful for you trying to help me out. From the bottom of my heart I am thankful. Look I would like to clarify and I've told Deagon and Derek but I haven't manipulated the scans of Fate. I was burned at that time and I didn't read the entire Fate Extra from 0. So there are contextual issues. But I can promise it is not fake

I'm not, and I think I made that very explicitly clear.
The mistranslation conspiracy wouldn't impact anything on the case. And the entire reason why Chase was permanently banned is because of his morals and mindset, and not because he directly broke the rules of this community. If you're arguing that he should receive less punishment because he hasn't broken a rule then he shouldn't even be banned in the first place.

The mistranslation conspiracy wouldn't impact anything on the case. And the entire reason why Chase was permanently banned is because of his morals and mindset, and not because he directly broke the rules of this community. If you're arguing that he should receive less punishment because he hasn't broken a rule then he shouldn't even be banned in the first place.
That's incorrect. The mistranslation idea was pushed by Crab to find an excuse to ban Chase that didn't involve changing our site rules, since our site rules don't currently involve "bad morals and mindset expressed elsewhere". You can read him literally saying that in posts like these.
Again, the entire point of the extra investigation going on right now is to avoid changes to wiki legislature we may not want to make.

Like when Al Capone got caught for tax evasion, this'll be done through an official channel and official rules we already have. Now please, stop with the panic argumentation.
I think however than what this demonstrates is that Chase not only is a creepy bastard off-site but also genuinely unhelpful and downright damaging on-site. I believe this, ladies and gentlemen, can serve perfectly as our smoking gun. Ban this man, forget about him, and let's all move on with our day.
However, doing so establishes a precedent of permabans for translation mistakes that haven't yet been demonstrated as malicious, which I think is a bad idea.

Let’s be honest, Chase was banned because we enforced a last minute “translation suck” report and banned the guy permanently. He was banned by this, and not for the creepy stuff he’s been doing and saying off-site, these things just made his translation report result in a permanent ban. We pushed it to ban him.

Personally I don’t think there’s a problem in breaking our rules like we did and banning someone like Chase, and I don’t think anyone should be crying because we did this.

I agree that this rule should be changed to accommodate cases like this. Then we can take actions without breaking rules.

That's incorrect. The mistranslation idea was pushed by Crab to find an excuse to ban Chase that didn't involve changing our site rules, since our site rules don't currently involve "bad morals and mindset expressed elsewhere". You can read him literally saying that in posts like these.
The majority of the staff already agreed on his ban before Crab's indication against Chase regarding mistranslations. Perhaps I should've said, "changed the results of this case".
However, doing so establishes a precedent of permabans for translation mistakes that haven't yet been demonstrated as malicious, which I think is a bad idea.
This of course we can all unanimously agree on.
Let’s be honest, Chase was banned because we enforced a last minute “translation suck” report and banned the guy permanently. He was banned by this, and not for the creepy stuff he’s been doing and saying off-site, these things just made his translation report result in a permanent ban. We pushed it to ban him.

Personally I don’t think there’s a problem in breaking our rules like we did and banning someone like Chase, and I don’t think anyone should be crying because we did this.

I agree that this rule should be changed to accommodate cases like this. Then we can take actions without breaking rules.
This sounds rather reasonable.

The majority of the staff already agreed on his ban before Crab's indication
Be that as it may, as per Chase's userban history, the official reason he was banned was a link to Crabwhale's mistranslation post.

In any case, I tend to agree with Agnaa; we need to ban people for the right reasons. This summarizes it quite nicely:

As it stands, if we're being 100% honest, the ban doesn't align with the site rules, BUT, we can change that (Something which I am also in favor of). We should be able to decide that we don't want these type of creepy users in our community, and we, frankly, owe that to the rest of our users.

The following staff voted in favor of Chase's ban:
EDIT: See Darkgrath's post below

Also worth calling:

Please Advice.

TOPIC: Should we make an addition to our rules that allows us to ban Chase for the real reason he was banned (i.e., extremely inappropriate off-site behavior); essentially, in extreme cases, should we begin to consider off-site behavior when punishing users? For the staff who agreed to Chase's ban, this'll be kinda the same thing, but applying it to the wiki as a standard.

Last edited:
TOPIC: Should we make an addition to our rules that allows us to ban Chase for the real reason he was banned (i.e., extremely inappropriate off-site behavior); essentially, in extreme cases, should we begin to consider off-site behavior when punishing users? For the staff who agreed to Chase's ban, this'll be kinda the same thing, but applying it to the wiki as a standard.
I am intending to make a staff discussion thread on this topic shortly. I have expressed previously on the RVRT in regard to Chase's matter that I believe our off-site rules are flawed, and I have also expressed privately that I was not happy with the way that Chase's matter was resolved. I share many of Agnaa's thoughts, and I intend to compile my arguments for the way our off-site rules should be revised soon.

If possible, I would like if discussion on the topic is left for that discussion once I have made it, so the RVRT can be left for its intended purpose.

Also, this may be beating a dead horse at this point, but the doc reviewing Chase's TLs seemed to sort of give overblown reactions.

Like, in row 25 of the BB translations, the judge gets on Chase's case about using a slightly wrong definition of 扱える (using "manipulate" instead of something more accurate like "exploit" or "handle"), but stuff like that isn't exactly rare.

In a Mario thread, some scans were translated by a professional translator a user of the site contacted. I noticed that they seemed to be interpreting そんな (that feeling/action) as something more along the lines of この (this place). I told them about this, and they agreed I was right. This was an error that was tiering relevant (one interpretation implies that the physical space of the dream is physically infinite, one implies that the place is something people always dream of), and about on the same scale as a fair few of Chase's. Yet it was done by a professional translator, and no-one really cared to see it as a rule violation.

Or if we're not certain that this off-site person being DM'd really is a professional translator, this sort of stuff happens fairly frequently in things with official releases. Translating "took until 6 o'clock" (1.5 hours) as "took 6 hours" is a particularly egregious one I remember. ofc, not with the same density as Chase's, but that can be chalked up to inexperience/rushing.

Essentially, this is a restatement of Deagon's earlier post, backed up by actually knowing practical examples in the same language.

TL;DR: Translating is hard even when you're very good at both languages and the types of errors made in Chase's TLs were fairly tame, and the few instances where it could be described as egregious are difficult to take seriously because the differences very plainly have no scaling implications.

I think waiting for DarkGrath's staff discussion is best and we can workout what we think the best approach is and revisit the issue.

I haven't been heavily invested so neutral. I also do not remember the user in questions reputation.
@MorrisHatesYou is the user appealing, he hasn't really done anything terrible asides arguing his concepts of feats to death with staff. The only report I remember of him was on him being a sock which turned out to be false.

I work with him, @Dinozxd and @CorbinMLG on Tokyo Revengers revisions, while also checking out the feats/ideas they bring up so that they aren't something that'll rile up things with the verse again. They've been doing well and have grown very well accustomed to how we do things here.

So far we have just been making calcs and addressing the validity of those calcs before sharing with a cgm while patiently waiting for the anime adaptations to provide clarifications for a lot of things that were argued non-stop in the most recent CRTs. There is a big feat that just got adapted last week and @MorrisHatesYou wants to make sure he is able to participate in a future thread that addresses the feat. There is a high chance ill make that thread or someone might beat me to it. So in the event a Tokyo Revengers thread is made can @MorrisHatesYou @CorbinMLG and @Dinozxd also be allowed to participate?

Also, there has been an appeal to be able to participate in an upcoming Tokyo Revengers discussion thread that allegedly concerns an anime adaption of the series which clarifies the nature of a speed feat.

@MorrisHatesYou is the user appealing, he hasn't really done anything terrible asides arguing his concepts of feats to death with staff. The only report I remember of him was on him being a sock which turned out to be false.

I work with him, @Dinozxd and @CorbinMLG on Tokyo Revengers revisions, while also checking out the feats/ideas they bring up so that they aren't something that'll rile up things with the verse again. They've been doing well and have grown very well accustomed to how we do things here.

So far we have just been making calcs and addressing the validity of those calcs before sharing with a cgm while patiently waiting for the anime adaptations to provide clarifications for a lot of things that were argued non-stop in the most recent CRTs. There is a big feat that just got adapted last week and @MorrisHatesYou wants to make sure he is able to participate in a future thread that addresses the feat. There is a high chance ill make that thread or someone might beat me to it. So in the event a Tokyo Revengers thread is made can @MorrisHatesYou @CorbinMLG and @Dinozxd also be allowed to participate?
@DMUA @Dalesean027

What do you think?

I've personally watched it to see the scene in question a couple of days ago, im fine with them using the on screen movement as the anime shows it but its still kinda got the same problem of our view of izana being blocked blocked by kakucho running towards the screen but considering we see he was already right behind kakucho running right after the first shot was fired its safe to say he was already running after him so just the steps he took to get ahead of kakucho and 90degree arm movement of the push should be fine.

I've no personal objections with them being involved in the threads as long as they aren't giving the CGMs a hard time who go to help out

If this is off topic and people delete worthy then whatever but I would like to add to this by suggesting "just" (Read: just) linking to an RVR post when banning people be prohibited.

Also, there has been an appeal to be able to participate in an upcoming Tokyo Revengers discussion thread that allegedly concerns an anime adaption of the series which clarifies the nature of a speed feat.

Btw, there was another thing they mentioned:
"I think this guy is a sock of SoloKaneki guy, solokaneki had "call me tetsuo" on his bio and this guy is named tetsuo."
To clarify, the username of the person they linked is "Tetsuoforsetti," and the banned user SoloKaneki, has openly admited to using the nickname "Tetsuo." This paired with the fact that both accounts seem to be interested in Tokyo Revengers, is reason for concern imo.

Regarding those 3 users, I tend to agree with M3X; let them participate under staff supervision.

I think we should give these guys a chance, but on a very strict thread with heavy staff intervention to assure it isn’t going to shit.
This conclusions seems fine to me. However, I don't believe that significant staff intervention is strictly necessary unless there is some kind of derailment that warrants it.

Thank you for your evaluations. 🙏

So would any of our staff members be willing to handle the supervising of that upcoming content revision thread?

Back