• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I think a permaban is indeed too harsh given he did apologize and tried to give an honest defense. But some topic bans combined with strict warnings may suffice to me.
I've issued a temporary threadban in the Dragon Ball general discussion thread, where most of the drama seems to be happening. I think we could extend that thread ban permanently and then just keep an eye out for other problematic behavior if it arises in dragon ball CRTs or other threads, and then respond accordingly.

I've issued a temporary threadban in the Dragon Ball general discussion thread, where most of the drama seems to be happening. I think we could extend that thread ban permanently and then just keep an eye out for other problematic behavior if it arises in dragon ball CRTs or other threads, and then respond accordingly.
A non-permanent but long topic ban from Dragon Ball seems best to me.

That's another thing, I wish instead of pushing the report button on specific posts and making it to where it's limited to Super Mods and Bureaucrats to analyze it, that report worthy comments are simply brought up here and using URL to the specific posts.
I think that we already made this change in our forum settings.
I think a permaban is indeed too harsh given he did apologize and tried to give an honest defense. But some topic bans combined with strict warnings may suffice to me.
Okay. That may be better then.

A non-permanent but long topic ban from Dragon Ball seems best to me.
That seems fine, yes.
How do we feel about specifically barring him from the Dragon Ball General Discussion Thread? Would we rather just a blanket topic ban on any Dragon Ball Thread, but non-permanent?
I do not mind if you add a thread ban to the Dragon Ball general discussion thread that lasts for as long as the general topic ban.

While having strong opinions about stats is perfectly fine, nothing justifies a hostile attitude or insulting people's intellect.
Yeah, I know and admit it isn’t justified.
There is no rule against criticizing the wiki even staff members do that all the time. It's more so blowing up and straight up bashing the wiki is what's against the rules.
I’m going to need something more specific, if that’s the case. What exactly counts as criticism, as opposed to “blowing up” and “bashing“. And which category do memes about the wiki fall into? As far as I’ve seen a strict guideline to discern this doesn’t exist here.
I'm not going to make arguments that you were the only one being rude; I know a few others who have consistently been rude on Dragon Ball related threads. And I did respond to a comment Null made on the report queue. That's another thing, I wish instead of pushing the report button on specific posts and making it to where it's limited to Super Mods and Bureaucrats to analyze it, that report worthy comments are simply brought up here and using URL to the specific posts.

I won’t agree or disagree with this, that’s entirely your decision.

What exactly counts as criticism, as opposed to “blowing up” and “bashing“.
Criticism: "We really need to fix our pixel scaling standards, they're pretty bad as is."

Bashing: "This wiki f---ing sucks and can't be fixed."

The wiki isn't perfect, nothing made by people is, and everyone is making an effort to improve it even if we don't all agree how best to proceed. I agree with DDM that there's little benefit to overt bashing of the wiki as a whole and just contributes to a toxic and negative atmosphere. The primary purpose of the forums is to improve the wiki, not to regard it as hopeless, corrupt, stupid, et cetera.

However, it should be clear that this is not the most crucial element of the report, and the primary punishment being considered (a topic ban from DBZ) is not really regarding this.

Those two sound the same, unless I’m mistaken?
The distinction would be whether or not it is permanent.

So if and when there’s an agreement on how long the topic ban should be, is it possible for me to know the duration? If so please do inform me, I could set a reminder for myself and take time off from the wiki until then

Plus, I personally think AKM sama's opinion matters most in that regard given he was the main person who got targeted at the time of the permaban. And other staff opinions are appreciated of course, including Damage.
I don't take these things personally and I am least bothered with it. I am neutral, so whatever the rest of the staff members decide is good with me.

What do the rest of our staff here think about this?

This dude been insulting people in nearly every message in the DBS discussion thread. Bro been hostile af for no good or logical reason💀
@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler

We seem to need further help to decide what we should do regarding the above cases.

We seem to need further help to decide what we should do regarding the above cases.
On Godlycharmander: Neutral. I think AKM and Damage should decide, since they were the target of Charmander’s tantrum that prompted his permaban.

Of course, if they are to be unbanned it should be on a last chance basis.

On MeiouHades: In general I do agree with the sentiment that users that are only here to the bash the site and incite drama ought to not be around.

Nevertheless, since a site ban is considered too harsh I agree with a topic ban from Dragon Ball threads.

Also, we still need to make a final verdict regarding Charmander.
Everyone who has commented has said they're neutral except me. But I have to point out our rules on sock-puppeting:

Using sock-puppet handles is strongly forbidden, especially to circumvent blocks. Doing so will result in the block duration being greatly increased for all of the relevant accounts.

Charmander's original ban was 1 year, extended to perma-ban at his own request.

His block duration being greatly increased per the multiple sock-puppeting offenses he's commited means that it should be straightforward to simply continue the perma-ban.

Is there anything else that needs covered?

Char's behavior was absolutely dreadful leading up to his ban and he furthermore circumvented his one-year mandatory ban with sockpuppets in the meanwhile. That in my mind has earned him at least a few years of being out, if not removed the chance of him ever appealing his permaban entirely.

I already commented on both. Medou's topic ban being 6 months seems fine. And Considering AKM is neutral while Damage thinks the permanent ban should remain, I am also leaning towards the latter. And it seems other staff agree with leaning towards the ban remaining. But how about if they promise to not cause any further trouble such as not making a single sock for a year or two, they may attempt in appeal then.

I, too, would defer to the more involved staff members regarding GodlyCharmander. The offenses are serious enough, if Damage leans more towards a ban then I agree with a ban. As Crab says, a perma-ban wouldn't be unreasonable given the stacked offenses. I do think his apology was at least partly genuine, however.

Surprised I wasn't called.

Char's behavior was absolutely dreadful leading up to his ban and he furthermore circumvented his one-year mandatory ban with sockpuppets in the meanwhile. That in my mind has earned him at least a few years of being out, if not removed the chance of him ever appealing his permaban entirely.
I second this.

I'm highly against him being brought around this time period as it'd be the year of his initial ban + the penalties of being a sockpuppet.

I wouldn't say a permaban's too harsh, but at the very least it should be another year from today

Surprised I wasn't called.

I second this.

I'm highly against him being brought around this time period as it'd be the year of his initial ban + the penalties of being a sockpuppet.

I wouldn't say a permaban's too harsh, but at the very least it should be another year from today
Okay, so should Charmander's ban be permanent or last for another year or two?

Here @HollowVanity said @Dalesean027 was trying to downgrade TR and stuff like that (he said the same thing about me right before too).

EDIT: Also... Wasn't Mysticarnage (Vapourrrr) banned for the same reason or something similar? + I want to mention that when @HollowVanity entered the community another account (@DekuGlazer) has been added as TR supporter, his discord name is dekusolos, as you can see in his profile on the wiki, Hollow also commented in a MHA thread time ago but I can't find it.... Anyway @DekuGlazer has 0 edit and I only see him commenting like 2 times, I don't know if both are Vapourrr sockets and he made 2 accounts for idk hiding it somehow, Hollow and Vapourrrr have equal behavior and disrespect towards the staff, not sure here, but I thought it was worth to mention.
Bringing this back, but now with DekuGlazer's account... It has all the signs of being a sock too. They joined 3 days before HollowVanity, they also used the "pal" when talking which I've almost never seen anyone use but Hollow.

Some other user commented that they had an idea of who it could be in an ironic way, I am sure they are referring to a sock in this thread, besides the form of debate is the same. Apart from the fact that they has only commented on Tokyo Revenger stuff.

And very suspicious that the person who added them to Tokyo Revenger Supporters was Hollow and not themself.

And now this, it is DekuGlazer who asks to evaluate Vapourrrr's calculations, this is more than suspicious.

I see a duration of 6 months was agreed upon, but my question is, what do I do with a Dragon Ball calc I‘ve been working on? It’s basically a calc using a much more accurate method (I’ve explained it in the calc itself) based on principles of projective geometry and volume integrals. I suppose I could wait 6 months to share it but I might not log into the wiki for a while since I’ll be graduating soon and get very busy.

This guy did a no-no vandalism edit, which I reversed

I see a duration of 6 months was agreed upon, but my question is, what do I do with a Dragon Ball calc I‘ve been working on? It’s basically a calc using a much more accurate method (I’ve explained it in the calc itself) based on principles of projective geometry and volume integrals. I suppose I could wait 6 months to share it but I might not log into the wiki for a while since I’ll be graduating soon and get very busy.
I suppose that we can probably make an exception for posting it as a blog in our wiki, and getting that evaluated, but some other member will have to handle any potential content revision thread resulting from it.

Back