• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I guess I ****** around, we will see if I find out because I don't think I did anything wrong
Do not speak unless spoken to.

You have also already opened multiple other threads like this which the staff have been recently mulling over, not to mention they are right about there to ban you from making sandboxes and calc blogs even.

@Sir_Ovens @Mr._Bambu @Deagonx I rest my case.

Announcing why you made the thread was because of pure spite should definitely be warning worthy, you shouldn't be making downgrade threads because a verse you support was downgraded. You should make downgrade threads because the verse(s) in question have incorrect ratings and need to be changed out with more correct ratings.

Don't let your emotions spill over to your actions like that.

You spoke to me tho... This isn't a classroom it isn't that bad if I send one message
You are not allowed to speak on the RVT as is, one, you are not staff, I am, and two, Deagonx already warned you not to debate or continue further on this thread.

I will ask staff to delete these derailing comments and focus on the judgment at hand.

Announcing why you made the thread was because of pure spite should definitely be warning worthy, you shouldn't be making downgrade threads because a verse you support was downgraded. You should make downgrade threads because the verse(s) in question have incorrect ratings and need to be changed out with more correct ratings.

Don't let your emotions spill over to your actions like that.
Okay sorry
You are not allowed to speak on the RVT as is, one, you are not staff, I am, and two, Deagonx already warned you not to debate or continue further on this thread.

I will ask staff to delete these derailing comments and focus on the judgment at hand.
Deleted

Is it allowed to use his thread as reference anyway? (Question for staff members)
Asking for future purposes, since none really addressed any of his points, so the thread content is itself valid but got closed sadly.
No, they are too poorly formatted and look like a complete and utterly incoherent mess, also one of the calcs he is talking about already got handled by me and @ElajRuengies (The Spy x Family dodgeball outer space calc), and one other calc got resolved in another thread (Yor Spear dodge). Some of the reasonings also border on whataboutism and tackle issues not explicitly related to the calc thread at hand.

I would rather more qualified CGMs than me take a look at those calcs and make separate threads for each verse to tackle the issues.

So, going through relevant parts of the thread.

It was made because of issues with TR, which is bad, since this makes it a stealth CRT for TR, a topic which they're thread-banned from. I see this as a violation deserving of a ban of some duration.

While multi-thread CRTs are rare, I think they should ideally be fine, but this wasn't structured in a very good way. Seems a bit lazy and reactionary. For a topic as diverse as this, a multi-thread CRT is a bad idea. A bit of a violation, but just a warnable one.

I think that Vapourrrrr's statement of "this was made because of spite" was really egged on by Kisaragi's statement of "I smell spite". We can tell from Vapourrrrr's comments in the thread
Ban worthy ? For downgrading calcs ? The TR calcs inspired me to make this

Ignore all of that anyway dude, these downgrades are valid, so this thread is important
That they legitimately think that these downgrades should occur for the site to be consistent. We usually consider "spite" to be targeting verses that the user doesn't like, with either stomp threads or downgrades applied inconsistently. This more seems like Vapourrrrr getting a verse they like downgraded, seeing other verses still up with that reasoning applied against their verse, and trying to get equal treatment.

In a vacuum that's fine, but when they're topic banned from TR, it isn't, imo. I don't think you should stretch them using someone else's language of "spite" to imply a way of acting which is worse than it is.

This is incorrect. Members are allowed to post to defend themselves.

And, iirc, calc/image mods are not meant to be posting here much more than normal members. You left some unnecessary messages; doubleposting, and the entire post with This is what "**** around and find out" means. were unnecessary.

fwiw, vapourrrrr's posts in response were also not helping much.
DO. NOT. COMMENT.
Do not make demands this strict; they're not in line with our standards.

This is incorrect. Members are allowed to post to defend themselves.

And, iirc, calc/image mods are not meant to be posting here much more than normal members. You left some unnecessary messages; doubleposting, and the entire post with This is what "**** around and find out" means. were unnecessary.

fwiw, vapourrrrr's posts in response were also not helping much.
Apologies for the incense, but I was frustrated with the man repeatedly making poor quality threads as such and making his threads in such a poorly formatted way, not to mention bringing up old stuff that was already dealt with before.

On these grounds alone I'm inclined to say ban them for a month.
Wait woah

This wasn't a stealth CRT, I made these because of the TR downgrades which had people agreeing with them, the whole premise of the CRT wasn't to benefit TR or anything like that, I only used TR in the crt because its the verse I have the most knowledge on so I can use feats from it to help support my points in the CRT'S

Wait woah

This wasn't a stealth CRT, I made these because of the TR downgrades which had people agreeing with them, the whole premise of the CRT wasn't to benefit TR or anything like that, I only used TR in the crt because its the verse I have the most knowledge on so I can use feats from it to help support my points in the CRT'S
That CRT really seemed to read more like "If these verses don't get downgraded, TR should get re-upgraded."

Hell, you started it off by saying that the TR stuff was "stupid". That doesn't sound like you actually agree with this reason for downgrading verses and want to bring the rest in line. It sounds like you disagree with those TR changes, and want people from other verses to help you argue against them.

Which is fine, but it shouldn't be structured that way, and shouldn't be done while topic banned.

That CRT really seemed to read more like "If these verses don't get downgraded, TR should get re-upgraded."

Hell, you started it off by saying that the TR stuff was "stupid". That doesn't sound like you actually agree with this reason for downgrading verses and want to bring the rest in line. It sounds like you disagree with those TR changes, and want people from other verses to help you argue against them.

Which is fine, but it shouldn't be structured that way, and shouldn't be done while topic banned.
Sorry, could I please not be banned ? I like the wiki tbh

So far it's shaping up to just be a month.

Bambu was banned for a year when he joined. You'll be able to learn from this and come back to many good years on the wiki.

So far it's shaping up to just be a month.

Bambu was banned for a year when he joined. You'll be able to learn from this and come back to many good years on the wiki.
Why was Bambu banned for 1 year ? I also didn't know the rules fully, I'm still learning, I feel like a warning would only be fair since I didn't cause to much trouble and the thread was closed quickly, again I didn't know the rules

@Antvasima since you always check this thread, and this topic is related to it. Please add:

To your OP. Delete this post once you have done that.

@Antvasima since you always check this thread, and this topic is related to it. Please add:

To your OP. Delete this post once you have done that.
Thank you for the reminder. I will do so. 🙏

I think for this specifically, he should be warned instead of banned as KLOL told him to make individual threads instead in the combined one he made earlier. I don’t think he knew this was a rule.

I think there's a big difference between "these things need to be handled in individual threads" and "post 7 threads at the same time" but regardless, I still think he should receive a short ban. He has been making a headache of himself pretty much perpetually.
Not really, I've just been listening to you guys

The TR threads I got topic banned for so I recieved a punishment

These threads, since I'm new I didn't realise I couldn't make multiple debunks from multiple verses in one thread so I don't understand how I can be blamed for something so small

I made multiple threads on the topic because that's what multiple people said
  1. Create separate CRTs for separate verses so these potential downgrades can be properly discussed in their own threads.
issues for different reasons that all need to be hashed out in their own threads? (This was implied btw)'
for you guys to ban me for all this even though I had literally no clue about any of it seems a bit out of order and to be honest very cruel, I've learned from my mistakes and think I should receive no less then a warning and no more then a warning

Would also point how, outside of the multiple downgrades he just made out of spite (which I discovered at this moment reading the previous posts), his behaviour itself in threads unreleated to this sudden burst is also toxic and provoking, as he make this type of comments the moment someone agree with them (even if there are aslo people against his argument).
So along with the rest of things his behaviour genuinely speaking is toxic, so a ban for some time to learn would likely be good to shape himself.

That particular thread also show how he wanted to downgrade something so hard he constantly searched for different reasons to downgrade when his previous argument were rebutted but this was well before the TR report so don't much at this point.

Just when the Vapourrr shit couldn't get worse...

I am reporting his ass for making this thread solely out of spite. That's a bannable offense if I ever saw any.
At this point, I think we should just ban him.

He has been spamming the RVR thread and constantly arguing out of ignorance for hundreds of posts straight and it's embarrassing how no one has thread banned him for that. And kept asking "Why is he being banned for disagreeing with calc group members" despite him being downright rude, toxic, and acting like an egomaniac in all those debates. And just for being topic banned, he did a U-turn just to create a whole bunch of spite proposals that he self admits to. That tells me he isn't even trying to be a reasonable contributor and is just a deliberate troll.

He has been spamming the RVR thread and constantly arguing out of ignorance for hundreds of posts straight and it's embarrassing how no one has thread banned him for that. And kept asking "Why is he being banned for disagreeing with calc group members" despite him being downright rude, toxic, and acting like an egomaniac in all those debates. And just for being topic banned, he did a U-turn just to create a whole bunch of spite proposals that he self admits to. That tells me he isn't even trying to be a reasonable contributor and is just a deliberate troll.
Fully agree with this. He's either an overt troll or he is immature to such an extent that I don't see a realistic path forward to him being a positive addition to the community.

Would also point how, outside of the multiple downgrades he just made out of spite (which I discovered at this moment reading the previous posts), his behaviour itself in threads unreleated to this sudden burst is also toxic and provoking, as he make this type of comments the moment someone agree with them (even if there are aslo people against his argument).

So along with the rest of things his behaviour genuinely speaking is toxic, so a ban for some time to learn would likely be good to shape himself.

That particular thread also show how he wanted to downgrade something so hard he constantly searched for different reasons to downgrade when his previous argument were rebutted but this was well before the TR report so don't much at this point.
This is very obviously satire....

I admitted to it in anger and annoyance at M's message, either way the TR calc downgrade made me realise the wiki had lots of feats that were wrong, you say I'm rude, toxic and an ego maniac but that's only in TR threads which I was promptly banned for, for you guys to ban me is just wrong, why should I be banned for making mistakes, I was punished for the TR thread behaviour

You say I'm spamming the RVR but really I'm just arguing my case...
Fully agree with this. He's either an overt troll or he is immature to such an extent that I don't see a realistic path forward to him being a positive addition to the community.
Why though ? I'm very obviously new to the site and don't know the rules, you guys can't expect me to learn everything in the span of a month or 2, I may not be a positive addition to the wiki but my recent threads have given multiple verses downgrades because of incorrect calcs, I would say thats a positive because I'm cleaning up the wiki and getting rid of bad calcs, I see no reason for a ban

This also breaks our rule on how many active CRTs you can have open, which is a maximum of four. I also agree he should likely be banned for a month.
On these grounds alone I'm inclined to say ban them for a month.

I banned them for a month in accordance to staff consensus.

I personally think that a two weeks block seems more in proportion to his offences.
Going to add. Vappour at the beginning was always calling people trying to debunk TR scales dumb. He called Rogger stupid and brainless before but I think he apologized.
Going to a full ban is in my opinion fine but I don’t think it’s the best thing to do.

it seems that if you aren’t a TR fan. You’re his enemy since he worships morris and is fine with other TR fans.

I replied to something similar buddy. The user to whom I replied to himself said that he didn't want to get involved with me even though I was arguing with him over a CRT. All I said was "Get off your high horse for now." and he thought it was "shitty attitude"? On here, you can see what angered me too. I don't use profanity, cuss words or anything as I know that this wiki can literally report me for anything. In that comment as well, I just used "F" and not the entire word as we know. To be honest if protecting your self-respect is a crime, then it should be prohibited. If he has the right to publicly announce that he's going to neglect my posts, THEN I SURE AS HELL DO.

He told me to "F off"? If you take "Die" and "Go to hell" as literal self-harm requests, then that was not the entire meaning breh. Pure misunderstanding here.
My guy. The fact that you made the connection to "self harm" immediately tells me you damn well know wishing death to another on here is an absolute no-no, when no one here made that connection (yet).

The fact you are trying to justify yourself so hard tells me more than enough.

There's no misunderstanding to be had. You blew way out of proportion a very insignificant situation in the grand scheme of things. If it was up to me, a well deserved ban for at least a month. But it's not up to me, so I'm curious what other staff got to say.

Back