• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I don't think that's necessary. Just that warning's fine, imo.

EDIT:
Yeah I'd vote just a block. Perma is fine with me.
I really don't like perma-blocking new members for a level of hostility that would get a user with even a few hundred posts a warning. If you have to block, I'd drop it to at the very least a year, but more realistically a month or a week.

Last edited:
I really don't like perma-blocking new members for a level of hostility that would get a user with even a few hundred posts a warning. If you have to block, I'd drop it to at the very least a year, but more realistically a month or a week.
Well, he's not a new member. He's had an account for a year, with posts from a year ago and 9 months ago. It seems he's an individual with extremely low interest in our community, and clearly no particular regard for the rules or basic courtesy. So personally I think the permanent block should remain.

I don't think that's necessary. Just that warning's fine, imo.

EDIT:

I think your first few edits, regardless of timeframe, to be exponentially more indicative of your behavior than a small handful of edits a few hundred down the line. If you open up on the wiki and your first thoughts are violence, I think we're within our right to ban you.

Well, it's racially inflammatory and completed unrelated to the subject matter. I do see it as problematic to randomly complain about black culture as a segue from Naruto CRT titles.
I don't see it. I guess I'm more tolerant with these subject matters because of my own culture (being puerto rican), but worst I can see is a warning if it's that much of an issue.

Though I still maintain is not really report worthy, personally.

Well, it's racially inflammatory and completed unrelated to the subject matter. I do see it as problematic to randomly complain about black culture as a segue from Naruto CRT titles.
I agree. It's a needless, irrelevant, and racially-charged inflammatory comment; we don't need it on the wiki, we certainly don't want it, and we shouldn't endorse it.

In isolation, however, it's not a serious violation. I'd consider a meaningful punishment if this was a part of a long string of similar comments, but that doesn't appear to be the case - it looks like they were just expressing momentary frustration in an impolite and insensitive way, which I think many of us have done before. It should just warrant telling the user not to do it in the future and leaving it at that.

I've been on my phone, but I'm at my computer now so I'd like to respond a bit more thoroughly.

I'll repeat, I'm not trying to ban the guy and I think a warning is fine, but I want to make sure the notion of "not report worthy" isn't conflated with "this is acceptable." There are certainly venues for discourse about those issues but VSBW isn't one of them. Even if one were to disagree with myself or DG that the comment was racially insensitive it is sort of moot, because VSBW is the last place we should be opening cans of worms like "naming conventions amongst minority cultures in the United States" especially not as a throwaway remark prompted by.... long names of Naruto CRTs?

So, @Shmooply, in the future, just refrain from bringing up racial matters on the wiki if at all possible, and particularly unprompted critical remarks about a culture that is already under a great deal of scrutiny. This isn't about deciding the ethics of your comment, because regardless of what they are there's no reason to discuss those matters here, let alone in a negative/provocative manner. Perhaps I could've simply handled it with a response to the comment, but given that the issue was racial in nature I didn't feel comfortable handling it on my own.

Well, I would also prefer to reduce it to two weeks or so, but we need further staff support.
I don't think there's much benefit to fine tuning ban length to that degree, personally. However, Monke has been raging at myself and others involved with some pretty grotesque statements off-site which -- while not a rule violation unto itself -- makes me think he needs more time to cool down.

Reduced sentences are for people who show good behavior. I believe there are a rather great deal of people who can testify that Monke is not, in fact, displaying good behavior- in fact, it seems he's grown particularly mean spirited due to his ban. My gut tells me that this will continue indefinitely until more bans come, but we'll see- in any case, I'm against reducing the ban length given the shit I've been shown offsite.

Whatever happened to being done with VS Battles Wiki, I wonder.

Reduced sentences are for people who show good behavior. I believe there are a rather great deal of people who can testify that Monke is not, in fact, displaying good behavior- in fact, it seems he's grown particularly mean spirited due to his ban. My gut tells me that this will continue indefinitely until more bans come, but we'll see- in any case, I'm against reducing the ban length given the shit I've been shown offsite.
I'd like to bolster this by pointing out after the whole shebang Monke attempted to get screenshots of me saying bad nono words, and furthermore bothered Moritzva on a server I'm on for her saying stuff that was out of context (completely unrelatedly to the whole affair, I might add).

He is in fact, getting worse in terms of behavior.

Last edited:
Can someone please delete the following page that's mostly irrelevant to the wiki and instruct the person who added it to directly ask staff members for editing advice please?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Noob
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/M...eadId=4400000000003553206#4400000000013149284 + this. Pretty sure you have to be 13 to have a fandom account.

EDIT: Yup. https://www.fandom.com/terms-of-use

these Terms of Use. In any case, you confirm that you are 16 or older (applicable to users located in California and in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) excluding the U.K.) or 13 or older (applicable to users located in the rest of the world including the U.K.), and acknowledge that the Services are not intended for children under such ages, as applicable.

I would like to report those comments: @StrymULTRA
I believe no staff member authorized this user to attack Ant, regardless of whether Ant provoked the situation or not. In my opinion, it is crucial to report this incident. He has no permission to comment, and I do remember, we are being strict with it due to previous issues regardless of content and context.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to disrupt the thread, but I believe my report was not specifically focused on the context. Instead, it was regarding a rule violation of commenting in a staff thread without proper permission.

Such extreme changes without a content revision thread warrants more severe punishment than just a week, so I changed it to 6 months instead, but also restored the offender's ability to respond to their message wall, in case it was just a clueless newbie mistake.

Such extreme changes without a content revision thread warrants more severe punishment than just a week, so I changed it to 6 months instead, but also restored the offender's ability to respond to their message wall, in case it was just a clueless newbie mistake.
Thanks, it's been a bit so I got the punishment lengths mixed up with something else.

this man made zen'o tier 0

i have reverted the edits

Back