• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Sorry to bring this to your attention again, however I feel that I should bring up that Chariot has refused to listen to his warning that was given to him by @Elizhaa above. The very next comment he made to me after this in the thread was filled with a half dozen curses and hostility as if nothing had changed. Also it seems as if he is starting to act hostile to some others on the thread as well who are disagreeing with him. I understand that he disagrees with my arguments, and that's fine, but that's not really a good excuse for his hostility and excessive cursing which he has been warned about several times.

I don't really see why him swearing a lot is that big of a deal though. I swear all the god damn time and no one seems to have a problem with me.

I don't really see why him swearing a lot is that big of a deal though. I swear all the god damn time and no one seems to have a problem with me.
It's excessive, like every other sentence, and is being presented in a hostile way is why its an issue. And Also he refuses to even try to tone it down despite being asked to. It makes for a toxic environment when people act like that. If a swear word slips once or twice in a thread by somebody its not really an issue, but at a point it just becomes hostile and toxic.

This isn’t even an issue, you are just getting overly upset over small things, nothing severely offensive, nothing super personal was said.
I honestly don’t think he needs another warning.

He isn't even being that aggressive at the moment though and tbh I would be too if I was in the Hospital while being one of the most knowledgeable members of a series on the site.

Pretty much what @ProfessorKukui4Life said. Also he has been warned already and refuses to stop, this shows it is deemed an issue already, and so is refusal to stop, or even try to stop after the warning. I feel for the guy that he is in hospital, but its not an excuse to act like that. If he can't help it he should be taking a break from the wiki.

Excessively swearing in an aggressive manner while responding to an opposition in a thread isnt exactly being civil, and kind of is an issue.
Ehhh, not report worthy though
He is still actively contributing and talking to his opposition. Especially considering how much he has written, any insults pale in comparison to every other Bible verse he wrote. I wouldn’t call him especially uncivil.

Ehhh, not report worthy though
He is still actively contributing and talking to his opposition. Especially considering how much he has written, any insults pale in comparison to every other Bible verse he wrote. I wouldn’t call him especially uncivil.
Won't deny he has contributed to the thread argument wise, but it is a completely separate issue with the excessive swearing and aggressiveness that he refuses to even try to stop after being asked to and even officially warned about.

No offense intended, but I dont know why "being one of the most knowledgeable members on a series" is being used as an excuse for getting piss poor angry against an opposition.

Being an expert on a verse has nothing to do with how you conduct yourself against others. Everyone here is an expert on something more or less. Do we get an attitude or get annoyed sometimes? Of course. Do we get excessively condescending? No.

I never said his knowledge was worth anything, the fact that he is very productive is.
Trying to report someone generally quite productive and respectable around here because you are offended over the smallest part of a thread, is nonsense.

I never said his knowledge was worth anything, the fact that he is very productive is.
Trying to report someone generally quite productive and respectable around here because you are offended over the smallest part of a thread, is nonsense.
The issue is, its not over a small part of a thread, it has been the majority of this thread, especially targeted toward me whenever I comment in a perfectly civil manner, and to some extent others as well who have disagreed with him. Whether my points or his points are good is not relevant to it, and being productive does not excuse it either. We have already deemed it an issue and warned him about it, but he hasn't acted accordingly, and as @ProfessorKukui4Life pointed out before, he has acted this way on other threads as well with no indication of stopping.

I would personally suggest one more warning explaining that the excessive swearing, and overly aggressive/condescending comments are creating a hostile and toxic environment, and letting him know if it continues punitive action would be indicated. In which case if it happens yet again then follow through on it accordingly. That at least would be how I would handle it.

But someone who is otherwise fine shouldn’t be penalized because you are offended by something minor, you are vastly over-exaggerating this issue for no good reason.

Can you link to the warning please Elizhaa? If I or other staff members also tell him that he has to control his behaviour or risk to get a temporary ban, he might listen better.

Thank you Elizhaa. I left a comment.

I also left a comment in Maverick's linked thread.

He also just did it to these profiles as well

LordGinSama has been very disrespectful as of late and needs a warning at bare minimum. He's been going off tangent insulting people in the DMC downgrade hax thread all because they upvoted a comment I made. I told him to stop insulting them since they didn't do anything to justify him insulting them, and in response he ends up insulting me like 3 times for no good reason at all. It also doesn't help his case that this isn't new to Gin given he's been reported in the past for lashing out at others, or when he made a long post back when he was banned telling a lot of people in the wiki to go f#ck themselves.

These are the statements I believe you're referring to:
"Honestly I find it doubtful Glass even read his own article that he used given that the text literally goes against his very argument."
"The fact that his comment got 5+ likes for being inherently wrong is blatantly proof of how mindless the Wiki can be. They simply pay attention to the amount of words one writes as opposed to legitimate citations and such. I can write a college level essay using nothing but various links to ******* Info Wars as my citation, it doesn't make my argument right. People really need to start paying for attention to arguments on this wiki, it's ridiculous."
"The amount of stupidity I see coming from you on the daily will never cease to amaze me Glass."
"And I don't need to debunk anything here, because it seems as if your skull is much too thick to comprehend the fact that you have a MASSIVE misunderstanding of how these Particle Beams actually function and work."
"You really, really need to pick up a dictionary at some point because I'm genuinely baffled by your lack of intelligence. Firstly must I go over the definition of a theory with you?"
"First off, you need to grow up and stop being overly sensitive because I didn't disrespect them in the slightest, nor was it Ad Hominem. That's a complete and total misuse of the word, because I never attacked them personally. I called the meta of the wiki mindless, and even that's not something anyone can get directly offended by. So no, unfortunately for you Glass you have no basis to make a report so don't threaten me with empty words."
Maybe it's just because a lot of this feels like shit I've said, but I don't feel that those statements shouldn't be said (and I feel like a warning implies to not repeat that behaviour). At most I can understand worries of escalation. Some other minor nitpicks of your report...

I told him to stop insulting them since they didn't do anything to justify him insulting them, and in response he ends up insulting me like 3 times for no good reason at all.

Those insults I found in that comment weren't in response to you telling him to stop insulting them. I think this is a worthy distinction to make, someone calling your arguments stupid, and someone insulting you 3 times because you told them not to insult people are very different.

It also doesn't help his case that this isn't new to Gin given he's been reported in the past for lashing out at others, or when he made a long post back when he was banned telling a lot of people in the wiki to go f#ck themselves.

Maybe you weren't intending to draw a comparison, but even if you weren't, I think the stuff he said was nicer than telling a bunch of people to go **** themselves.

He never said my arguments are stupid, he literally said that I'm stupid and claimed I lack any intelligence. I told him in that same post to cut it down or else I'm going to report him and he didn't listen at all, and just insulted me when he replied

He made an entire google docs basically insulting multiple people when he was banned back then. Even if he didn't literally tell people that he still insulted them regardless.

He never said my arguments are stupid, he literally said that I'm stupid and claimed I lack any intelligence. I told him in that same post to cut it down or else I'm going to report him and he didn't listen at all, and just insulted me when he replied

Eugh, if we're getting down to the nitpicks like this, he said both. My point there was that he didn't insult you because you told him to stop insulting people, because your post held that implication. If you didn't mean that implication, let me clear it up, instead of defending it. I wasn't trying to say that he never insulted you directly.

He made an entire google docs basically insulting multiple people when he was banned back then. Even if he didn't literally tell people that he still insulted them regardless.

My bad, I worded things badly. I think the things he said today were far better than telling people to **** themselves. I never read the doc he wrote when he was banned, but it sounds worse than what he did today.

Also, looking further into the thread, it seems like you threatened to report Earl for saying "Glass your reading comprehension is below 0 my dude. You don't control what the molecules do, not the beam." Again, that statement feels tame enough to not be against the rules, but that's not up for me to unilaterally decide.

(As an aside, if people agree that we're not allowed to say that someone lacks reading comprehension, could someone, like, send me alternatives to that on my wall? I I sincerely can't think of a nicer alternative that gets across the same thing; again on my message wall, don't clog up the RVT)

Yes, when I'm talking about his response to me, I'm talking about his reply in general, not the specific part where I told him to stop insulting others. I bring that up because I wanted to point out that I told him to stop or else I'll report him. I bring up the google docs point because the fact that he's doing the same thing he did a while ago should show he hasn't changed for the better.

literally in the Fallacy page it says this.

1. Ad Hominem

This means "argument against the man, not the point". It is when you rebut an opponent's argument by insulting them instead of their argument.

He didn't bother paying attention to my point that I made and resorted to insulting my reading comprehension out of nowhere and didn't really tackle my point in the first part of his sentence. But that's for another topic entirely, right now I'm focusing on Gin atm.

I bring up the google docs point because the fact that he's doing the same thing he did a while ago should show he hasn't changed for the better.

I acknowledged this, like I said in my first post here, I just wanted to clarify that what he's doing now isn't nearly on that level. I'm not even sure you can say that he hasn't changed when he's doing something not nearly as bad. At most he just hasn't changed enough.

Minor point Re: Ad Hominem. What they were doing wasn't an ad hominem. An ad hominem is "You are wrong because you are dumb." They were doing "You are wrong. Also you are dumb." Which isn't a fallacy, it's just impolite. Doesn't make their actions better, but you're bringing up something irrelevant to the situation.

EDIT: Editing this in as a reply instead of making a new one to not clog up the thread, but Glassman, I meant that the mention of "Ad Hominem" was inapplicable and thus irrelevant. I did not mean that Earl's actions were irrelevant.

Last edited:
Yes, when I'm talking about his response to me, I'm talking about his reply in general, not the specific part where I told him to stop insulting others. I bring that up because I wanted to point out that I told him to stop or else I'll report him. I bring up the google docs point because the fact that he's doing the same thing he did a while ago should show he hasn't changed for the better.

literally in the Fallacy page it says this.

1. Ad Hominem

This means "argument against the man, not the point". It is when you rebut an opponent's argument by insulting them instead of their argument.

He didn't bother paying attention to my point that I made and resorted to insulting my reading comprehension out of nowhere and didn't really tackle my point in the first part of his sentence. But that's for another topic entirely, right now I'm focusing on Gin atm.
Wrong application of Ad Hominem

So, this guy named ATARI.HMB keeps ranting about the DB character tiers and is saying they are "massively downplayed". I have nothing wrong with people critiquing the tiers of characters, but this guy rants about it all the time, and he get's kind of passive aggressive at time. He also rants about the one piece tiers a lot as well. And once again, I'm fine with people not agreeing with the tiers, but he rants about it a lot.

Back