• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I wouldn't like that to be the takeaway here. While it wasn't your intent, it came off badly to them, and the subject is a very sensitive matter to a lot of people. I'm sure you can think of an occasion where you were offended or hurt by someone when they weren't trying to do so, and this is just like that.

The preferred takeaway is to be a bit more careful when speaking about the gender identity of characters, methinks.
Yes, this seems like a case of misunderstanding. No ill-will seems to be involved. As Mori said, just be careful when using words that can come across as offensive depending on the context even if that was not the intention.
I agree with the above sentiments. I do not think that any ill will was intended here, but we all still need to try to be sensitive regarding these types of topics.

However, please keep in mind that there are people from all over this entire planet that are part of this community. A minority of which have remotely similar culture to modern day California, so not remotely all of them can be expected to be completely up to date with all the recent social developments in this regard, and how they are supposed to appropriately adapt to them.

Y'all should just remember not to stonewall social assertions at any point, especially when it's not your personal social group being discussed yet you act like the supreme authority on it and dictate how everyone should feel about topic at hand.

Stay open, stay thorough and respectfully voice your issues and concerns. Not everyone's a bigot and not everyone's a snowflake, misunderstanding and misinformation can happen.

Yes, I think a minor crisis is averted.

Just remember to stay mindful and watch your posts, and from now on. And if you see a conversation that is reaching sensitive topics, first try to call them out saying that it sounds like a sensitive topic instead of going full out with the "Worst case scenario" allegation viewpoint. And if it keeps up, report it here instead of using the report button on the specific posts so it is easier for staff or even the rest of the community to analyze it as a group instead of just having only 4 of our staff (All of whom may be overworked with other things) to not only analyze it alone, but do so in a way where most other staff + regular users are unaware that some people are being reported altogether.

I'm sorry I have plenty of proof that there are a ton of people being oversensitive all across the world, sorry that my thoughts on the matter were that a word I've literally never heard used as a slur isn't a slur, sorry that I don't give a **** what people identify as or what people do with their body, I'm so very ******* sorry.

now **** off and don't bring this up with me again, don't even respond to this post, thread ban me for all I give a damn, in fact, just ******* delete my posts, I don't need SJWs whining to me because I couldn't give any ***** about random slurs that I didn't even know about, the end.
The one last thing I'd like to bring up is this comment by DaReaperMan. During the earlier discussion, I deleted it after it was posted as to not derail the already-hectic main topic with an additional one. Now that things have calmed down, I feel comfortable bringing this up.

I feel like a warning is in order, given this is obviously a pretty extreme and immature response, even by the standards of the tense argument that was being had at the time.

Reaper has a tendency to invade RVRs again and again and again and again and again and post toxic crap that nobody asked him to contribute, he has been warned about it repeatedly as well.

At this point just temp ban him, he's had warnings galore at this point.
Like you being condescending Impress? That was a heat of the moment thing(I was indeed pissed), and my contributions before was a short explanation of what a trap was to my knowledge, and an acknowledgement that I didn't know that "trap" could be a slur, both perfectly fine contributions, the third one, like I said, was me being pissed. I haven't even had a anger outburst in months, but hey.

Just remember this post confirming Impress is condescending to everyone

The one last thing I'd like to bring up is this comment by DaReaperMan. During the earlier discussion, I deleted it after it was posted as to not derail the already-hectic main topic with an additional one. Now that things have calmed down, I feel comfortable bringing this up.

I feel like a warning is in order, given this is obviously a pretty extreme and immature response, even by the standards of the tense argument that was being had at the time.
I thought about that response all day, and realizing that I’m being labeled a “social justice warrior” for the act of simply requesting to respect what someone wants to be called puts this site, much less this hobby, into an entirely new perspective for me.

Temp ban, in terms of this instance, I’m okay with. But the basis around the comment, just as a whole in my view, would require a lot more than a warning.

@Hellbeast There's been a rule change to not allow non-staff to comment anymore on RVR unless they're directly involved in the report, fyi, to avoid clutter

@DaReaperMan and you already know this.

90 people talking about what constitutes the average AKM profile picture was immensely necessary.

@First_Witch @DaReaperMan @RandomGuy2345 @Veloxt1r0kore @Newendigo thank you for being crucial to RVR functioning, couldn't have done it withkut your input, especially when an admin already was there to address it.

Please give us staff a morsel to be a fraction as relevant next time.

Right, so @JTGamer96 @Jibz @DaReaperMan you three recurringly pile onto reports that have NOTHING to do with you, and while your attempts aren't meant by you to be derailment, realize it only serves to extend the report and be an annoyance to staff members who also have to comb through your messages in addition to the actual report, and they add frankly, nothing, you're just saying stuff a staff member already said either before OR after, and sometimes it's not even that, it's filler.

I'll blatantly suggest, unfollow the damn thread, and warn, don't involve yourself in matters of THIS thread, unless they very directly pertain to you, or you add CONTEXT not previously stated. Next time you repeat it, it's a temp ban or a thread ban.

@QuasiYuri Either make a goodbye thread or move to DMs, this isn't the QuasiYuri Goodbye Thread, only so much patience for this blatant a derailment.
These are just relatively recent reports FYI, remember too Reaper was one of the users because of whom we even got this rule up.
Like you being condescending Impress?
Report me to HR. Whataboutisms especially don't work in reports.
That was a heat of the moment thing(I was indeed pissed), and my contributions before was a short explanation of what a trap was to my knowledge, and an acknowledgement that I didn't know that "trap" could be a slur, both perfectly fine contributions, the third one, like I said, was me being pissed. I haven't even had a anger outburst in months, but hey.
Who asked you to input?

Like you being condescending Impress? That was a heat of the moment thing(I was indeed pissed), and my contributions before was a short explanation of what a trap was to my knowledge, and an acknowledgement that I didn't know that "trap" could be a slur, both perfectly fine contributions, the third one, like I said, was me being pissed. I haven't even had a anger outburst in months, but hey.

Just remember this post confirming Impress is condescending to everyone
Breaking the rules in the heat of the moment is still breaking the rules. If you were truly sorry or apologetic for said behavior, you’d have no problem accepting a punishment for your repeated behavior.

Attacking Zark isn’t going to help your case whatsoever. Zark’s blunt manner of speech isn’t the problem here whatsoever.

Given DaReaper’s long history, outburst, and his most recent attempt to double down and further attack staff members fallaciously, I’d support a 3 month ban, minimum. A person who doesn’t see what they did wrong and only seeks to further blame others and avoid responsibility will get no sympathy from me.

Pretty much what Andy said on this, you don't help your case by bringing up something that is unrelated. Impress, as far as I know, hasn't outright just been (and while I feel this is a strong word it's the best one I have right now) bigoted and then futhermore unrepetent. Cause that's how both your post read Reaper.

I support the 3 month temp ban.

These are just relatively recent reports FYI, remember too Reaper was one of the users because of whom we even got this rule up.

Report me to HR.

Who asked you to input?
Just thread ban me then, simple as that. Wasn't that the first punishment for the rule?

Also wasn't that first one one I actually did have the right to comment a few times?
Attacking Zark isn’t going to help your case whatsoever. Zark’s blunt manner of speech isn’t the problem here whatsoever.

Given DaReaper’s long history, outburst, and his most recent attempt to double down and further attack staff members fallaciously, I’d support a 3 month ban, minimum.
Reaper if you make a mistake, even in the heat of the moment, your first move should not be to drag someone down with you
That was another act out of frustration, considering a post I made it clear I didn't want responded to, was brought up, but hey, ban me, throw out the months i remained clean outside of some posts on this thread that might've not been needed. Guess the fact I've been trying to clean up my act just means nothing becuase i just so happened to be having a bad day.

I personally think that a strict warning or at most a 1-month ban should be enough. His transgression was not significantly bad, and he has usually been a productive member in the past as far as I am aware.

That was another act out of frustration, considering a post I made it clear I didn't want responded to, was brought up, but hey, ban me, throw out the months i remained clean outside of some posts on this thread that might've not been needed. Guess the fact I've been trying to clean up my act just means nothing becuase i just so happened to be having a bad day.
I don't try to fake-report staff members and call other users SJWs for calling out my shit when I'm having a bad day.
I personally think that a strict warning or 1-month ban should be enough. His transgression was not significantly bad, and he has usually been a productive member in the past as far as I am aware.
I have no opinion on the ban length personally.

Is this the only time that Reaper has acted out like that? Outside of the multiple minor RVR derailments?

If so, I don't think a 3-Month Ban is warranted. I think just banning him from this thread, or a significantly shorter ban could work. 3 months seems a little excessive for that one comment.

Reaper, if you don't want your post responded to then it's best not to make it, cause once you put it out there it's not going to get ignored. And more importantly to this I think, is the fact that you don't at all that you're not taking back your words or apologizing or really owning up to what you did as wrong. And that leads me to believe you stand by them, even if you admit they were said in a moment of rage. And it's not that you've been trying to clean up means nothing, but you trying to clean up doesn't free you from consequence.

With all that said, while I won't disagree with a 1 month ban I'm more in support for the 3 month one because of the post, but also what I've said above.

pardon me for my intrusion but i have to ask, is being called an SJW really that bad? I get that it is sometimes used to define people who scream at other for potentially offensive things, however by origin social justice warrior means that you try to defend...well...social justice. Is that really that bad to be part of the reason for the ban?

pardon me for my intrusion but i have to ask, is being called an SJW really that bad? I get that it is sometimes used to define people who scream at other for potentially offensive things, however by origin social justice warrior means that you try to defend...well...social justice. Is that really that bad to be part of the reason for the ban?
well no, it's more so when people use it as an insult against people who aren't doing anything wrong, which is kinda.....self-outing

He didn't say it as a way to call Milly a social activist lmao. are you nulling context here? He blatantly meant it as an insult.

I personally think that a strict warning or 1-month ban should be enough. His transgression was not significantly bad, and he has usually been a productive member in the past as far as I am aware.
And I'm still trying to be one, I'm trying to contribute, the mere fact I'm trying to do things like rework profiles proves that, but one mistake seems to be all that would bring that crashing down
I don't try to fake-report staff members and call other users SJWs for calling out my shit when I'm having a bad day.

I have no opinion on the ban length personally.
To each their own, I tend to be very explosive when I'm genuinely pissed, and, honestly, I'm still a little pissed that Milly responded with that tone, and at this point, rereading my post, it was just a Doucebag thing to say.
I'm also fine with perma-threadbanning him from RVR too, tbh, if that's an alternative.
Honestly, yeah, if we go with this option the only reason I should ever have my threadban on RVR revoked is to defend myself on it
SJW is basically a buzzword used by conservatives to dismiss people as whining idiots
Is it?

It’s a matter of context, and trying to ignore what he means to say vs the definition of the word is semantics. There is absolutely nothing about this comment that implies being a SJW is something to be proud of, and is used to demean me, because I asked him to be respectful of someone’s identity. A free act that won’t kill him, nor anyone else.

I don't need SJWs whining to me because I couldn't give any ***** about random slurs that I didn't even know about, the end

Y'all should just remember not to stonewall social assertions at any point, especially when it's not your personal social group being discussed yet you act like the supreme authority on it and dictate how everyone should feel about topic at hand.
Well, considering that I have endured absolutely massive amounts of different types of legitimate harrassment or abuse over the years, and am a part of some groups that are considered particularly vulnerable and protected by modern western standards, I can definitely relate to such issues.

However, I think that the goal is genuine mutual tolerance, and respectful coexistence, and not that we genuinely help anybody by being too oversensitive or overprotective either regarding my assigned group identities or those of any others. That will only eventually likely trigger a massive backlash reaction from other groups towards innocent people out of sheer frustration, so we have to be careful to not overdo things.

Also, everybody please try to keep some comparative perspectives. Transgendered people are being tortured to death in Saudi Arabia, and Uighur Muslims are systematically placed in Nazi-level gulags in modern China, just to name two of many example. Somebody accidentally using an offensive term that they are unfamiliar with the context for is not remotely the end of the world.

Also, in my recent meditation lessons I have been taught that it is my ego that wants to make the rest of the world conform to me to avoid ever feeling hurt, that we have to strive towards not constantly living in reaction, and that the final goal is ego death and true awakening/enlightenment, so there is that part as well.
Stay open, stay thorough and respectfully voice your issues and concerns. Not everyone's a bigot and not everyone's a snowflake, misunderstanding and misinformation can happen.
I definitely agree with this part though.

Last edited:
I'm also fine with perma-threadbanning him from RVR too, tbh, if that's an alternative.
I think that a thread ban here for a few months, or possibly until and unless he gets reported for something else and has to defend himself, seems like a less exaggerated solution, yes.

Ant, I get where you’re coming from — and I find it wholly irrelevant. One of the core rules of the site is respectful conduct.

I said, “I’m sorry you find respecting someone’s identity over sensitivity”, and claimed I’m a social justice warrior. Just their existence, their being as a person, and that was enough to set him off. I think, genuinely and truly, that’s more than enough grounds for a violation.

Certainly, people have it worse. And it’s because of that, don’t you think the least that can be done, over a hobby such as powerscaling, respect the people who enjoy it and the characters listed, regardless of identity?

Reaper, if you don't want your post responded to then it's best not to make it, cause once you put it out there it's not going to get ignored. And more importantly to this I think, is the fact that you don't at all that you're not taking back your words or apologizing or really owning up to what you did as wrong. And that leads me to believe you stand by them, even if you admit they were said in a moment of rage. And it's not that you've been trying to clean up means nothing, but you trying to clean up doesn't free you from consequence.

With all that said, while I won't disagree with a 1 month ban I'm more in support for the 3 month one because of the post, but also what I've said above.
I mean, I believe what I said was crossing the line in terms of letting stress boil over, but right now in this instant I'm still in a foul mood, and having to hyper monitor what I post because of it, just, let me get to sleep in 2-3 hours and let me review what i said with a clear mind, cause believe me, my mind is not clear right now.
...you can't "to each their own" a rule violation, man.
I wasn't trying to, I was "to each their own"ing you having a different thing when your having a bad day, everyone is different.

I agree with Impress' suggestion to permanently ban him from RVR. From what was brought up, this thread seems to be a cause of many of his incidents, so removing him from it should be the most productive course of action. I also do not think that his statement, while aggressive, was severely insulting or bad, to the point of warranting a full-fledged ban.

For his own good, I think it should stay permanent. The only time he'll be permitted on this thread is if he is directly related to a report.

I agree with Impress' suggestion to permanently ban him from RVR. From what was brought up, this thread seems to be a cause of many of his incidents, so removing him from it should be the most productive course of action. I also do not think that his statement, while aggressive, was severely insulting or bad, to the point of warranting a ban.

For his own good, I think it should stay permanent. The only time he'll be permitted on this thread is if he is directly related to a report.
This, but I did say what I wanted to do earlier, and I think I'll just try to get to sleep right now, see ya'll in a few hours.

Well I am likely late to this party.

First, I have no intent in inducing any transphobia.

Second, from my point of view the discussion seems mostly focused on technically defining conditions to be transsexual or transgender or other sex and gender identities. Rather than defaming any character and the fanbases of such. However I do see some finger pointing issues, which I believe I am out of such drama.

As a matter of prudence, as soon as I see some finger pointing issues, I have moved away from discussing on the gender identification/outlook issue (as this may get the discussion "derailed") and have focused on exploring other close connections between that character and the possible opponents against such character in future episodes (which is within the topic of the thread).

If you really have more questions please feel free to contact me. Otherwise I am back to work on my calculations and other real life issues.
Ok, I will accept the answer for the moment, but next time you do this, you wouldn't have the ''out of ignorance'' argument at your side, the same goes to the other user

I agree with Impress' suggestion to permanently ban him from RVR. From what was brought up, this thread seems to be a cause of many of his incidents, so removing him from it should be the most productive course of action. I also do not think that his statement, while aggressive, was severely insulting or bad, to the point of warranting a full-fledged ban.

That is probably a better solution then.
Ok, I accept the answer for the moment, but next time you do this you wouldn't have the ''out of ignorance'' excuse
Jasonsith is a consistently very helpful, sensible, and hardworking staff member, and given that he lives in China, he has very different cultural perspectives and experiences than citizens of California. We cannot engage in completely uncompromising cultural imperialism towards everybody on this planet.

Jasonsith is a consistently very helpful, sensible, and hardworking staff member, and given that he lives in China, he has very different cultural perspectives and experiences than citizens of California. We cannot engage in completely uncompromising cultural imperialism towards everybody on this planet.
Cultural perspective arguments are null to me, considering that for example I'm from Paraguay, a country in LATAM that's incredibly religious and culturally view lgbt people as degenerates and ''spawns of the devil'', transgender people can't even change their gender certificate in my country, and I'm still capable of understanding what transphobia is.
And what the hell are you trying to say with ''uncompromising cultural imperialism''?

Eh, whatever, I wouldn't replying on this thread more.

Last edited:
Back