• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Just because some people are working on a future CRT that changes standards for some tiers does not give one the right to just close a thread
Those changes would have to do with what that thread brings, so yes. To dismiss it as some tiers turns aside from the issue.
The thread never broke any rules and wasn't chaotic which contradicts one of the reasons for the closure of the thread.
It is chaotic aiming to modify more than 20 profiles based on something that "may or may not" (to be very generous) be changed with more foolproof standards. I didn't say it broke the rule, I pointed to the idea that it was absurdly unwise to the point of it being worth closing, it's not even that "it broke a rule, therefore it can't happen", take it as a pause until the wiki has some rather basic changes in wording we should have had a long time ago. Doing this seemed like common sense, and I do have experience of we deciding to do things like this simply because "it's the smart thing to do" rather than "well, this thread can't go on because it's based on standards that will be revised later/are being revised and we have a rule telling us to wait in those cases". That doesn't exist, people's just supposed to be reasonable to not give others more work, stress and to not lower standards in general.

Those changes would have to do with what that thread brings, so yes. To dismiss it as some tiers turns aside from the issue.
Then do the CRT first, close things later. Or at least explain everything first, compromise with the thread maker and then close it. Closing it on a whim with one message is wrong.

It is chaotic aiming to modify more than 20 profiles based on something that "may or may not" (to be very generous) be changed with more foolproof standards. I didn't say it broke the rule, I pointed to the idea that it was absurdly unwise to the point of it being worth closing, it's not even that "it broke a rule, therefore it can't happen", take it as a pause until the wiki has some rather basic changes in wording we should have had a long time ago. Doing this seemed like common sense, and I do have experience of we deciding to do things like this simply because "it's the smart thing to do" rather than "well, this thread can't go on because it's based on standards that will be revised later/are being revised and we have a rule telling us to wait in those cases". That doesn't exist, people's just supposed to be reasonable to not give others more work, stress and to not lower standards in general.
Then talk about it first, explain it, comment on it, let others understand your point and then when everyone is satisfied with the explanation you close it.

Then do the CRT first, close things later. Or at least explain everything first, compromise with the thread maker and then close it. Closing it on a whim with one message is wrong.

Then talk about it first, explain it, comment on it, let others understand your point and then when everyone is satisfied with the explanation you close it.
I think that a proper explanation within the thread before closing it would have been much preferable, yes.

@Arceus0x Would you mind if I reply to that in a private message or your wall? I just noticed some small pattern that is worth bringing to your attention but not at all a rule violation.

This user changed Kaidou's profile without a CRT:

This user changed Kaidou's profile without a CRT:
Reverted the edits. Looks like another repeated offence

To me it seems better to topic-ban both of you from Touhou indefinitely until you have genuinely managed to get along sufficiently well.

Making hostile or passive-aggressive accusations against each other in private is not a good way to solve this btw. You need to take a serious look at what you can both personally do to avoid these types of situations in the future.
Apologies if this is not the best time or place for this, but I'm here to mention that @Malomtek and I have finished with our conversation and have managed to settle our differences. Going forward we'll both focus on being less aggressive within threads, as well as ceasing discussion when appropriate.

Essentially we've held up to our end of the agreement regarding what was originally suggested here, and as such we should both be topic unbanned. If necessary I can post screenshots of DMs or have a staff @ Mal to prove I'm not lying.

Apologies if this is not the best time or place for this, but I'm here to mention that @Malomtek and I have finished with our conversation and have managed to settle our differences. Going forward we'll both focus on being less aggressive within threads, as well as ceasing discussion when appropriate.

Essentially we've held up to our end of the agreement regarding what was originally suggested here, and as such we should both be topic unbanned. If necessary I can post screenshots of DMs or have a staff @ Mal to prove I'm not lying.
You don't need to. I can confirm that we have talked out all our differences with each other.

I rollback'd several unauthorized edits performed by this user, I gave them a warning for now, but their name sounds weird and I'm not sure if this raises any suspect on them being actual trolls, even though the edits didn't seem that much malicious.

You don't need to. I can confirm that we have talked out all our differences with each other.
Okay. That is good. Your topic bans are removed then. Thank you both for trying to be reasonable.

I rollback'd several unauthorized edits performed by this user, I gave them a warning for now, but their name sounds weird and I'm not sure if this raises any suspect on them being actual trolls, even though the edits didn't seem that much malicious.
They proceeded to perform blatantly trollish edits, so I benned them indefinitely.

I want to thank @AStrangeverse for undoing such edits while I was off site, I appreciate your help.
Thank you for helping out. I appreciate it.

I deleted it because it felt kinda incitey, mods can still see it, but if it's fine for y'all you can undelete it

Was about to permaban them, but Colonel beat me to it.

Also, yeah there appears to be a glitch were not even staff members can view profiles of permabanned users. Same with profiles waiting approval. We should probably talk with the platform staff about that, because if someone was permabanned by accident, it's going to be difficult to lift those bans.

But yeah, what Orange just said is definitely permaban worthy.

Do they have an account on the wiki itself? Couldn't tell if their matching profile is the same name since the profile image is different and has zero edits.

Also, yeah there appears to be a glitch were not even staff members can view profiles of permabanned users. Same with profiles waiting approval. We should probably talk with the platform staff about that, because if someone was permabanned by accident, it's going to be difficult to lift those bans.

I will ask our system manager to fix this problem.

As for the criticism towards me personally in Orange's message, I have to rely on other staff members in order to make this community work properly. For example, I am not very good at evaluating content revisions on my own with the limited time I have available, due to juggling so many tasks at once, so I usually have to trust the judgements of the rest of the staff, and AKM has been and is absolutely crucial for handling many of our ongoing administrative tasks that I do not have the time or competence to handle on my own.

Last edited:
Handled
First Blood!

As for the criticism towards me personally in Orange's message, I have to rely on other staff members in order to make this community work properly. For example, I am not very good at evaluating content revisions on my own with the limited time I have available, due to juggling so many tasks at once, so I usually have to trust the judgements of the rest of the staff, and AKM is my best friend here and has been absolutely crucial for handling many of our ongoing administrative tasks that I do not have the time or competence to handle on my own.
✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨

Good Morning, Evening, Night to the Staff and Non Staff Members of this community
I'd just like to say a few words

I'm a very disheartened and sorry that you all had to go through that. Such insults is a thing that I myself don't appreciate nor accept nor condone. I believe all individuals can be reasoned with and that everyone is entitled to their own views and opinions as well can share and agree to the opinions of others. As his friend, I understand why he made that comment but I know deep down that no matter the reason it was not the right thing to do. So even though he won't say it, I will say I'm very and truly sorry on his behalf and hope that some day you will be able to see pass his misdemeanor and misconduct

In any given situation, whatever one says, does and responds to can impact a situation positively and negatively. In this PARTICULAR case, his comments impacted the situation in a very bad way.
AKM and Ant just express their point of view and regardless of how objective or Subjective it is, their points must still have to accepted, respected and countered with evidence and facts not insults and misdemeanor. As for what he said, well every response has a consequences especially when it rubs people the wrong way.

He needs learn and exercise better judgement in considering peoples feelings, imagine how they could respond and exercise humility and be very careful with what he says and how people would respond to it and to always be cautious about how it could potentially upset people.

I am here to appeal to you, to plead and beg with you to please give him a second chance at some point. I will talk with him and help him to exercise restraint and humility and after he has learned that, I hope that you all will be considerate and merciful to please give him a second chance

Thank You and I hope you all have a good day/night

✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨🎆✨

Well, I don't think that Orange has behaved badly other than this, so maybe we could reduce his block to 1 year or somesuch instead? It is up to AKM to decide though. He is the one who was mainly severely insulted, and again, he is a good friend of mine, and usually has a considerably better sense of judgement than I do regarding community work.

Also, Orange is obviously correct in that I am indecisive in certain situations, due to not always knowing the best course of action and being very dependent on our staff. AKM has also told me that in the past.

Well, I don't think that Orange has behaved badly other than this, so maybe we could reduce his block to 1 year or somesuch instead? It is up to AKM to decide though. He is the one who was mainly insulted, and again, he is a good friend of mine, and usually has a considerably better sense of judgement than I do regarding community work.

Also, Orange is obviously correct in that I am indecisive in certain situations, due to not always knowing the best course of action and being very dependent on our staff. AKM has also told me that in the past.
Thank You Very Much Ant 🤗🤗🤗

No problem, but AKM was the one who was severely insulted, and I do not want him to feel like some kind of ongoing acceptable target for just trying to do his job here, given that another incident happened quite recently in this forum, so he gets to decide.

No problem, but AKM was the one who was severely insulted, and I do not want him to feel like some kind of ongoing acceptable target for just trying to do his job here, given that another incident happened quite recently in this forum, so he gets to decide.
Very Well then,
I will a wait his response

Back