• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Permanently.

It seems a bit excessive to me given that even Fandom's own blocking rules are not that strict. Maybe 6 months would be enough given that this is his first offence during a long time as a member?

Banning slurs with space in might lead to innocent combinations of words to be banned, and if one tries hard enough they can always find some ways around it. Either way, I see no reason to encourage homophobia, I don't see why we should be nice about the ban length.

Yeah, I suppose permanent was excessive; just got out of bed. I'm okay with reducing it to 6 months which I can go ahead and do that. And actually, it depends on who was in charge of Fandom blocking; won't say his name, but back in summer 2018 we did have one Fandom staff whose policy was one slur word equals permanent ban globally.

I will reduce it to 6 months then.

Permanently.

It seems a bit excessive to me given that even Fandom's own blocking rules are not that strict. Maybe 6 months would be enough given that this is his first offence during a long time as a member?
It’s actually not his first offense. Before he was warned here and as DDM said, he has a history of being hostile, particularly towards staff members he disagrees with on Dragon Ball tiering.

Well, I am not arguing that he wasn't a massive jerk, and given that my godfather is homosexual, I also strongly dislike genuine homophobes.

All that I am saying is that using a slur once during several years does not automatically translate into wholeheartedly believing in a bigoted ideology, and even Fandom does not tend to ban people permanently without giving them a chance to ever shape up because of something like that.

We have to try to gauge people by the sum of their beings (Yes, it is hard to achieve in the Twitter era), and humans are generally inherently flawed jerks who cannot be expected to never ever slip up for a few seconds during their entire lifetimes.

Last edited:
It’s actually not his first offense. Before he was warned here and as DDM said, he has a history of being hostile, particularly towards staff members he disagrees with on Dragon Ball tiering.
Well, I do not remember him well, but that warning was roughly two years ago.

Thank you. Yes, it seems best to move on.

Well, I am not arguing that he wasn't a massive jerk, and given that my godfather is homosexual, I also strongly dislike genuine homophobes.

All that I am saying is that using a slur once during several years does not automatically translate into wholeheartedly believing in a bigoted ideology, and even Fandom does not tend to ban people permanently without giving them a chance to ever shape up because of something like that.

We have to try to gauge people by the sum of their beings (Yes, it is hard to achieve in the Twitter era), and humans are generally inherently flawed jerks who cannot be expected to never ever slip up for a few seconds during their entire lifetimes.
i was nearly permabanned for being unwittingly annoying, 00potato was seemingly permabanned because he thought the mods were abusing their power, and so on. i don't agree with any of that reasoning at all, but i think that, for the sake of fairness, someone who has consistently been a massive jerk and actually broken our rules should be banned for quite some time. six months at the least, a year at most.

Well Matt was being pretty rude to Gilver in the DB CRT, when he was just asking a clarifying question, which is one of the things people in the discussion thread were pretty upset over. That said, saying slurs is unacceptable, so yes a ban was appropriate. Just wanted to throw my thoughts here.

I am just saying that he slipped up once after a few years, and I don't remember him being a problem otherwise.

I also personally tried to fight your suggested ban, as you seem mostly harmless, just to lack some common sense, whereas 00potato gave me the impression of deliberately systematically trying to instigate agitation and destabilisation within this community.

Okay just to clear something up, 00potato's permanent ban was given for reasons beyond just having dislike for staff. You can see the quotes here:
I'm reporting @Arc7Kuroi and @00potato for their repeated acts of incendiary behaviour.

Here 00potato argues with Sir Ovens about "how scummy" staff members are for making a staff-only thread and admits he ignored needing permission to enter the thread to post in it. And less importantly 00potato likes a post that is nothing but an toxic rant against another user. I've been informed by Antvasima that 00potato has a history of interfering on the Rule Violations Reports threads.

Recently 00potato also engaged in trolling Antvasima on the Bleach general discussion thread here along with Arc7Kuroi.
00potato has been systematically undermining this community's integrity with incendiary subversive behaviour ever since he first came here and immediately started to constantly interfere in the RVTs. He has also repeatedly been disrespectful to me to a trolling degree. As such, I definitely do not want him to continue to be a part of this community ever again. I think that he is deliberately trying to systematically destabilise it from within.

EDIT: Did not see AKM's response. Sorry. Yes lets move on.

I agree too, my experience with him is small but super negative, whenever he was disagreeing with someone i consistently saw him saying shit like them coping or sometimes arguing directly to them instead of their arguements, i think even using words like fanboy or wanking, my memory is bad though but i was always wondered why wasn't he banned yet with how unnecessary rude he is.

Here he literally councionessly said that he wanted to call someone a slur, was aware of the word filter and is literally against it, The fact he was warned in the past certainly doesn't help.

If you can be banned for consistent horrible behaviour, like smoke was accused, then he should be permabanned. That said i'm not a fan of permabanning people outside of trolls so i'm leaning towards the 6-12 months threatmenet

oh yeah, i forgot that he actively opposes the word filter, which exists to prevent racist, homophobic, and generally bigoted slurs from reaching our forums. i still think somewhere between six and twelve months is reasonable, but i'm starting to lean towards the higher end.

i'll drop this if it's not gonna change, though.

He has already been banned for 6 months. The issue was the permanent ban.

that's why i'll settle for it if no one agrees. six months is somewhat reasonable, but i think he deserves a longer ban (twelve months at the most).

I think that Fandom usually bans people around this time for single slurs of this caliber, but am not certain.

I am just saying that he slipped up once after a few years, and I don't remember him being a problem otherwise.
from what i've heard, he's generally aggressive and toxic. he just hasn't used a slur before.
I also personally tried to fight your suggested ban, as you seem mostly harmless, just to lack some common sense, whereas 00potato gave me the impression of deliberately systematically trying to instigate agitation and destabilisation within this community.
i wasn't only referring to you. the other members wanted me permabanned, and i'm still on the verge of a permaban because of it. you were one of the few people there who seemingly understood the point i was trying to make and didn't twist my words, so i think you were fine there. as for 00potato, your whole theory about him seemed pretty far fetched, and i think you should have given him a chance to defend himself rather than just immediately permabanning him.

BLURREDSIGHT's edit seems comparatively harmless, so an instruction is enough, but ImReverseSteveYT performed vandalism, so I blocked him for 2 months.

Last edited:
as for 00potato, your whole theory about him seemed pretty far fetched, and i think you should have given him a chance to defend himself rather than just immediately permabanning him.
I had been paying attention to him, and he really did systematically interfere with the staff, incite agitation, and create disorder, and almost strictly focused on that since he first came here, as far as I could tell.

Anyway, let's move on and stop arguing pointlessly about this.

Back