• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have told him that he needs to do his best to behave properly for a staff member.

If he used that he wouldn't have needed photoshop and there wouldn't have been so many wrong details in the image

Anyway, it has already been resolved so no need to talk more about it here

I hoped we wouldn't need to do this again, but Gallavant has admitted that he purposedfully ignored a timeframe and then took down one of his calculations in order to make a scaling more consistent with other feats, and now he said he will try to pursue the original result due to the old one being contested.

This is not just making a mistake - he is admitting he manipulated the true result he obtained and deleted his calculation and replaced it with another one to make a feat seem like it isn't an outlier. This is a serious violation as far as transparency and honesty goes.

Purposely tampering with calcs to attempt to inflate the result is already an offense that has resulted in the prohibition of a user's ability to make calcs in the future, and this time it is a staff member.

This is not something we can simply overlook, especially with an admission of guilt. Even if that wasn't bad enough, his behavior is not representative of the staff we want to have on the site, and thus should step down.

Normally I'd call for either a "shape up or step down" scenario, as I have done in the past, but this isn't just bad behavior, but a complete violation of trust, transparency, and everything that a staff member should be.

Regardless of his response I see no way that he should remain a staff member.

I'm intrigued, since when the opinions of regular blue names bear weigh in questions of removing staff from their positions? Not to sound boldly, but I always thought it's a problem addressed to offstage conÐüilium of bureaucrats and human resources.

Marquis Samigina said:
I'm intrigued, since when the opinions of regular blue names bear weigh in questions of removing staff from their positions? Not to sound boldly, but I always thought it's a problem addressed to offstage conÐüilium of bureaucrats and human resources.
You make it sound like we're a huge organization rather than a wiki. And blue names have always had the power as long as their complaints were valid.

Oh, i just complain that this issue is too complicated to simply be solved by sudden "voting" in a thread unsuitable for that kind of proceedings.

I do remember a bunch of people getting yelled at for voting on a demotion in one of the really old rvts.

Regular users are perfectly free to report staff or PM higherups about why someone should get a demotion, but I believe it's in general ultimately handled by HR and the purples, while other staff may be consulted.

This is pretty blatant though.

Marquis Samigina said:
Oh, i just complain that this issue is too complicated to simply be solved by sudden "voting" in a thread unsuiatble for that kind of proceedings.
How is it complicated? An admin abused his power, so everyone says to demote him. Hell, it's literally tge cornerstone of American democracy. A person in power abused said power abd the people hold him or her responsible.

Eh, I think we should avoid derailing and move on. What's done is done, normal users have a voice too, they can report to purple and green ones to solve any matter, and they'll take action on it if it seems correct. If they don't, FANDOM certainly will for sure, so no worries about that. None shall be spared here.

I know Gallavant since 2013, he never did something similar before. I admire him so much, this is the worst that could happen this day.

Kaltias said:
No. I'm saying that we are going to avoid a witch hunt
I agree with this. The HR group should discuss this in private, and calmly take their time to do so.

I'm following that thread and keeping an eye on that member. That kind of behaviour is weird (to say the least).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back