• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i report Nedge1000 & ZacharyGrossman273 due to add strong abilities without a proper CRT, To be fair, i report Nedge because he is too "kind" (he already has been "warned" when he added an ability without a CRT in a discussion in Discord), he unlock profiles and allow peoples to add abilities without a proper evaluation. Zach is reported her due to clearly abusing of the kindness of Nedge, numerous time

This report isn't for a witch hunt or somethings like that against a mod but this is really bad, adding abilities like Zach and Nedge do is one of the current problem with unlocked profiles, we all seen this situation with Arceus and this ended badly

So i just suggest to Warn Nedge and ask him to don't open profiles to add abilities and Zach to strongly stop this and make CRT about ability he want to add, i don't think ban is needed, just a warning should be fine.

My personal opinion is this is frustrating, me and a bunch of peoples debate in CRT to make their suggestion accepted, sometimes, they fail but this would mean that it isn't legit and it's fine, but Zach add super strong abilities without CRT, and see him add Conceptual stuff like nothing is frustrating and i'm sure this isn't legit. I don't ask about their legitimity but all of his change deserve a CRT most of time.

I don't think it's Nedge's fault, that Zach uses them, as Nedge is trusting and kind, and it's obviously been abused in this instance.

I think for Nedge, It's just that they need to be more tough when people ask for a profile unlock.

As for Zach, that's another question.

I have to agree, I don't think this breaks a rule but adding abilities that can cause "problems with users" without a Content Revision will cause well... problems with users who think the person who added it is "wanking"

It would be different story if the abilities were the minor one. Yeah, even though Nedge is the Content mods, I do believe you needs a CRT to add such major abilities.

just wanna say Shar was actually used as the example in the Nonexistent Physiology thing so that bit was discussed beforehand, no idea what he was doing to Orcus though

but yeah Zach needs to make CRTs whether all of this is legitimate or not

Actually, I have seen people add "minor abilities" without CRT, but just that, minor stuff

I don't think he is being malicious, but he is being well... not smart by letting Zach add "probably wank" powers without a revision

I think he should be warned, just that, it isn't too bad I think

I agree with a warning, maybe even a strict warning, seeing as how many times he did it.

Everyone should adhere to the rules on the wiki, no exceptions.

I left a message on Nedge's wall. Now for Zach. I'll go type him a warning, but Kep seems to be insinuating doing more. Honestly considering some other issues, some sort of temp ban would sit fine with me, but it's not something I really feel the need to push for.

Numbersguy said:
Actually, I have seen people add "minor abilities" without CRT, but just that, minor stuff
I don't think he is being malicious, but he is being well... not smart by letting Zach add "probably wank" powers without a revision

I think he should be warned, just that, it isn't too bad I think
Honestly, add some minor abilities should be fine with a proper explanation but in our Case, most of time it's Conceptual/Law/Acausality and a bunch of resistance without CRT.

I'm against a ban. Zach isn't malignant, for all of his issues. If stuff like this keeps up following a severe warning then of course further action is warranted.

Isn't this vandalism? I'd be shocked if a content moderator isn't aware that he isn't suppose to do that without a CR not once but multiple times it seems.It's even in the rules.

Well, Zach has just been warned. That's probably as far as we need to go for now.

Sigurd I think Nedge just doesn't know how to say "no" to things. I typed something for him as well.

Regardless, let's move on from this.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Zach should receive a short ban to see if he gets smart.
I agree with this. Zach has been here for years. Acting as if he "forgot" how stuff here works is pretty much just blatant handwaving and unacceptable. He consistently shows unreliable and shady behavior - and I'm not talking about his borderline desire to harrass people with talks about him and Saikou or shit like that - and dives in with the biased part of him headfirst into CRTs as well, and that by itself is what should actually be worth a "moderate warning".

Telling a content moderator that you will just clean the page up before proceeding to add one million of "extreme resistances" is NOT forgetting anything, it is purposedfully lying in order to get non-accepted shit in the profiles. Just that in itself is worth being banned for a short time, combine that with his record and we have got a ban in our hands. Anything else I feel like is just waiting for him to do the same thing again and get the exact same warning, and again, and again.

Kepekley23 said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Zach should receive a short ban to see if he gets smart.
Also, telling a content moderator that you will just clean the page up before proceeding to add one million of "extreme resistances" is NOT forgetting anything, it is purposedfully lying in order to get non-accepted shit in the profiles.
Those resistances got accepted as a universal thing for D&D gods but Orcus profile was outdated

Buuuut, If you feel it's neccesary to temp ban me, fine.

I mean I'm not against some sort of short ban myself, considering his general conduct.

Nedge, you shouldn't open the file if he can't provide you proof of a completed CRT first.

If Zach is getting a temp ban, then should we demote Nedge for allowing him? I mean, if Zach is the handgun, then Nedge is the irresponsible owner who made a mess... just saying

Numbersguy said:
If Zach is getting a temp ban, then should we demote Nedge for allowing him? I mean, if Zach is the handgun, then Nedge is the irresponsible owner who made a mess... just saying
Hell no.

No offense or anything, but you should be taking this a bit more seriously. You might just make things worse, and I'd rather that not happen.

Mr. Bambu said:
I have to disagree, he allowed this to happen... this may be harsh bit but let's make it simple

If a person has a dog, and for not taking care of it, causes damage to someone, who is responsible? The dog only? The owner only? Both of them?

Now change dog for Zach and owner for Nedge. So Nedge should get a "Massive Warning" or a temp-demotion for letting this happen if Zach gets a temp-ban

Nedge1000 said:
Numbersguy said:
He gave the proper justifications with evidence on my message wall. He just doesn't use the edit summary boxes, to my dismay.
Still isn't the right way to go.

It needs to be in a CRT and an admin should approve the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back