• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ruby rose vs overhaul

Kingofwolves999 said:
She needs to be able to hit him from range in order to hurt him. She's hundreds of meters away, shooting projectiles Chisaki can already react to due to speed equalization. She never lands a single hit from range, hence why you brought up the AoE argument.
Her gravity bullets are significantly faster and stronger than her normal bullets, kai isnt reac5ing to them any time soon

Kingofwolves999 said:
If she still had chain lightning she would have hit Tyrian, and there is no AoE explosion from hitting Nora. Lightning dust for Ruby was changed in v4, along with many other things in the show. RWBY is known for constantly changing how certain things operate, so unless you can prove not only that the game mechanics are canon, but that Ruby still has access to those specific abilities, her current lightning dust shots are what she has.
Tyrian wasnt in range for the chain lightning because she wasnt aiming for him. And no, they arent, the only thing that was changed is the stuff from the trailers, the series itself is extremely consistent. I've already given scans that the game and its mechanics are canon.

Tyrian wasn't in range? If the distance he was from Nora isn't in range for lightning dust then it is completely irrelevant to Overhaul moving out of the way. And that still doesn't address the fact there was no AoE when she hit Nora as there is when she hits Grimm in that game. Or why there was no aoe when she hit the geist Grimm.

So stuff from the trailers is what has been retconned? Including Ruby's bullet count that you said comes from her trailer? What is her bullet count in canon then?

You have provided no scans of the game mechanics being canon, if you have post them again. All you've done is link to the game itself, not reasons for why it's mechanics are canon.

How much faster are gravity dust bullets than normal ones? It would have to be a significant increase in speed to make up for the large gap they would have to travel to reach Kai, who can react to her other bullets. They would have to be able to effectively blitz people comparable or higher than Ruby to matter.

Correct he wasn't in range because Nora was over 10 meters away and ruby wasn't aiming for him. She will be aiming for kai. There's no AoE if there's no one around the target. Kai will be around the bullet when it lands. She only hit the Geist with a fire bullet and a regular bullet, not lightning.

Not all of it but some of it yes, stuff like aura didnt even exist in the trailers. Her bullet count is still consistent (See stuff like the volume 5 trailer for example). She still canonically has hundreds of bullets and dozens per clip.

The game and everything in it is canon, would you like scans saying so?

Fast enough that people who can react to her bullets normally can't react to them. And the gap is not nearly as large as youre making it out to be. Even her regular bullets are hypersonic, they would cross the gap instanty as a result. And yes actually they do blitz people comparable to ruby.

Supersonic+ speeds would still allow the bullets to cross the gap instantly.

Also that would actuslly give ruby a massive advantage as her speed amp stays as high as it is normally, so her speed amp still allows her to blitz people who can blitz hypersonic+ characters

Supersonic+ speeds would still allow the bullets to cross the gap instantly.

Also that would actuslly give ruby a massive advantage as her speed amp stays as high as it is normally, so her speed amp still allows her to blitz people who can blitz hypersonic+ characters

They wouldn't cross the gap instantly and considering Chisaki reacts to Supersonic+ projectiles at like 5m away he'd still have an easier time dodging Ruby's bullets

Proof that her speed amp isn't dependant on her base speed?

There's no AoE if no one is around the target? Chisaki blocks with an earth wall. Don't forget that this entire lightning dust argument isn't stemming from Ruby hitting Overhaul, but the ground near his feet, in order to catch him in an AoE. If she needs to hit him specifically, then lightning dust is irrelevant, he dodges.

That sounds like nitpicking what is and isn't canon from what you're claiming to be a non canon source.

I know the game is canon. I'm saying the mechanics aren't. Prove that those are canon. Numerous characters in that game have abilities they never showcases in the show. So prove that those abilities are canon.

Where is this 3-4x speed multiplier stated? And again, it is speed equal and RWBY bullets aren't faster than the characters themselves. Speed is equal to Chisaki, who reacts to projectiles from less than 10m in front of him, and characters inches away from him. The distance gap is crippling Ruby here.

It is independent of her own speed. She blitzes people who are numerically and mathematically faster than her.

Base volume 1-3 ruby is hypersonic, pyrrha and penny are hypersonic+, volume 1-3 ruby blitzes them, mercury reacted to ruby's semblance, mercury couldn't percieve Qrow or winters fighting speed, current ruby is equal to Qrow in speed and blitzes people who are numerically and mathematically faster than her by using her semblance

Neither Pyrrha or Penny are so incredibly faster than Ruby's Base that her Semblance couldn't possibly be enough to blitz them. Ruby's Semblance could be a 2x multiplier to her speed and she would be faster than Penny and Pyrrha mathematically, saying it puts her on a certain tier no matter her base speed is a leap in logic with no supporting evidence.

Are you implying Ruby's current semblance is just as fast as it was in v1-3, and not faster at all?

Ruby is Mach 6, Pyrrha and Penny are Mach 8. That is not a large gap at all, Ruby's Semblance making her go faster could easily allow her to be faster than them without putting her on a set tier regardless of her base speed.

Does child ruby right after unlocking her semblance have the same speed as her v7 self?

No that's exactly what I'm impltying, her current semblance is vastly faster. I can make a crt to have her semblance be flat hypersonic+ if that would make you happy

WeeklyBattles said:
No that's exactly what I'm impltying, her current semblance is vastly faster. I can make a crt to have her semblance be flat hypersonic+ if that would make you happy

Weekly that still doesn't apply speed is equal and unless you can provide proof her semblance always amps her to a specific level irregardless of her own speed then you can't claim she's hypersonic+ in this thread

He didn't claim speed equal applies to speed amps, he said you can't claim Ruby becomes Hypersonic+ with her speed amp because her Semblance is dependent on her base speed. What implies that it isn't dependent on her base speed, since it can become faster as her base is faster?

Kingofwolves999 said:
So her Semblance cabecome faster? Then what makes it not dependent of her base speed?
The feats it scales to. Its just like yangs, it makes her a flat amount stronger but it scales to the feats she does with them, not her base speed

Rubys speed amp is not in any way dependent on her own speed, it is dependent on the speed of the people she blitzes.

Yes. She blitzed pyrrha who is mach 8 via a feat that Ruby does not scale to. It has nothing to do with her base speed.

Not really it's just that people seem to get really angry when I make changes that ultimately end up being correct in the end (See the last big stinknpeopel made over me removing a non-weakness from yang's profile) so im letting yall lnow in advance that i made a crt so you cant accuse me of anything lol

Back