• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ruby rose vs overhaul

RWBY characters know if their aura breaks my dude, they both feel it and see it, she would instantly put distance between herself and Kai as a result. He cant oneshot her aura all in one go anyways as he'd have to touch her entire body at once.

It does chain if it hits the ground

Kai does not have the capacity to destroy her entire aura barrier in one go, assuming he can even matter hax her forcefield as it doesnt even have matter to begin with he will only be punching a hand-sized hole in her aura similar to how Adam was able to cut through Yang's aura without breaking it entirely.

TL;DR Kai will not instantly break Ruby's aura entirely by touching her, you misunderstood what Rusty meant when he said that.

Matter haxx and other types of haxx going through aura is always confusing.

But voting for Ruby FRA easily. Hard to disintegrate petals.

[I]WeeklyBattles said:
They should block only what they have shown to block.

They block punches? They block heat/cold? They purify gaseous poisons? If the answer to one of these is "they haven't shown it", don't assume that they ca

This is what I agree with, if this wasn't added then I'll make a thread about it tomorrow.

Rusty

You do know that Kai's matter hax is through touch right?

Aura blocks touching, and he cannot matter hax something that does not have matter, so aura blocks his matter hax. Aura doesnt block ALL matter hax, just his.

Since I don't care for the matter hax point anyway, I'll drop it.

That is a video game, so you would have to prove that the game mechanics themselves are canon. Ruby's lightning dust has never acted that way in any other media, and if I recall, this game was before v4 came out where ruby uses lightning dust again, so even if it did operate like how the game suggests, it got retconned.

And I sure do hope the game mechanics aren't canon because team rwby get 3 shot by normal Grimm in that game.

To reiterate this discussion: Ruby gets outclassed in cqc heavily, has a dubious AP/dura comparison since Chisaki isn't actually 3.19 tons, it's just the highest number that can be attributed to his durability feat, and a speed amp she never uses to actually kill or blitz other human's relative to her, even if she has no reason not to, but she just uses to set distance.

Overhaul spike spams, dodges her shots if she gets out of his own range, and waits for her to come into close quarters when she runs out of dust. The amount of distance she sets between herself and Overhaul just gives him more time to react to projectiles he can already react to. Dust doesn't have the aoe needed for him to not dodge, the only exception being ice which he can manipulate.

I'll agree to Ruby winning if she ever uses her semblance to instakill Overhaul before she runs out of aura or he heals and begins predicting her.

@King What are you asking for exactly? A confirmation of it being canon?

Yes, that was the case for volume 1-3 RWBY characters, without their aura theyre extremely vulnerable to the Grimm, its why the Grimm are 8-C.

Rusty already explained why Ruby has an AP and dura advantage. And she has used her Semblance to blitz people as fast as and faster than herself, most notably Pyrrha.

Him spike spamming leads to Ruby flying well out of his range, her bullets have large AoE so dodging isnt a viable means of avoiding them, hundreds of bullets means she wont be running out for some time and bullets like electric dust will paralyze him.

Once Ruby sees that he needs his hands to heal and matter manip she will be removing them asap.

I know the events of the game are canon. You would need to prove to me that the way Ruby's lightning dust in that game is portrayed, however, is canon. All of which doesn't mean much since in the show, ruby's Lightning dust is a literal bullet, not a cloud that disperses, so even if the games portrayal is canon, it would have just been retconned.

RWBY characters do not get 3 shot from full aura to no aura in v1-3 by Grimm outside of that video game. I would love an example of that.

Rusty said Ruby has an AP and Dura advantage because Rusty assumed that Overhaul was decidedly 3.19 tons, which is wrong because that number is just the highest number we can attribute to his 7-C shockwave durability feat. And the Atlesian Paladin isn't even High 8-C on Roman's profile, the base High 8-C scaling comes from Ruby being stronger than her 1.42 ton key. From there, there is no scaling chain she can follow other than being comparable to Qrow who can beat people that previously beat her.

Name a moment outside of the food fight in v2 where Ruby blitzed someone comparable or faster than herself. By the time v3 occurred, Ruby's Semblance wasn't even speed anymore, and characters could still react to her regardless of her using her Semblance or not. Mercury directly kicked Ruby out of her Semblance, Roman beat Ruby into mush, Tyrian stomped her, she never used her Semblance to do anything of worth in v5, and she fought no human opponents to compare in v6. Ruby has a single speed feat with her Semblance from 5 seasons ago, and her Semblance has been retconned since then to not be just speed. It amps her, but the level of speed she showed in v2 is an outlier, and was likely played up for the comedic effect the entire cafeteria fight scene was created for. Ruby hasn't blitz killed a single human in canon, and she won't do it for this fight. The most Ruby uses her semblance for is moving around the battlefield and dashing in so she can get some slight hits, not the instakill that she would need to do to kill Overhaul, who by the time she realizes she needs to do so against him, would have analyzed and begun predicting her movements and usage of her Semblance.

Her bullets do not have AoE large enough to hit Overhaul if he just dodges or moves the ground and himself with his quirk. Ruby's bullets would have to travel to Overhaul near instantly for him to not get out of their AoE before they come near him. Ruby is firing projectiles from hundreds of meters away, Overhaul has more than enough time to prepare and dodge them regardless of their AoE that isn't even that impressive. Post the largest AoE Ruby has put out please, because from what I've seen they're not even ten meters wide.

When has Ruby ever attempted to cut off someone's hands off after realizing they need them for their power? Why would Ruby ever think to do that? The closest example is Tyrian whose tail she cut off, but that was under different circumstances than a normal person manipulating the ground. She cut off Tyrian's tail because it had just attacked her uncle, not because she was planning to do it or because it's something she would normally do. I don't doubt she would come to the conclusion that she should cut his hands off, but I also doubt that she would ever get the chance to think that since, according to you, the entire fight is just going to be her shooting at him after he outclasses her in cqc, so she'd never get a hit off on him anyway without using her Semblance which she doesn't rely on in fights with people.

Overhaul can move faster with his semblance shifting the ground below him. This enables him to catch up to Ruby, forcing her to use her semblance to get away, and giving Overhaul more time to analyze it, which makes it so when she does decide to use it against him, he can predict her.

You do know that's how dust ammunition works right? It's not just just a bullet, its a case of condensed elemental dust that explodes on impact with a target or surface, iterally every instance of dust including every instance of ruby using dust shows this.

Yang being manhandles by an ursa major in the volume 5 trailer which acted as a prwquel to the first 3 volumes

Is it not? It should be, it was agreed that it was high 8-C and its high 8-C on the atlas civilization profile.

Penny, the beringel, the nuckeleeve. Merc is canonically faster than her semblance, roman never reacted to her sblance and she in fact used her semblance to escape hom before he could even percieve it using her semblance, and tyrian ia canonically faster than her semblance. Every single source in rwby inclusing the guidebook and WoG say that ruby's semblance is speed, it has most certainly not been retconned.

THer bullets have hypersonic speed so they would in fact be traveling nigh instantly over the hundred meter gap betwern herself and overhaul.

She cut off tyrians tail once she noticed he can use poison. Ruby is not an idiot, if she sees that her opponent is using his hands to do everything she will remove them.

please post a scan of him using his quirk tk speedblitz people who can speedblitz himself normally.

And don't use izuku as izuku was thinking while fighting and was stiff

Ruby I would think has fought longer then izuku should fight with her weapon far better then izuku fighting overhaul

Ruby's dust bullets do not explode on contact with the ground to create the cloud that you cited in the Grimm Eclipse game. I know how dust works, hence why I asked about her hitting the ground and asked for what the largest AoE she's made is.

So v1-3 aura goes down in 2-3 hits from comparable opponents canonically? Noted.

You said Ruby blitzes people taster than her semblance, that is not shown. She never blitzed Penny, the most I remember is when she tried to pick Penny up, and that was a travel speed issue not reaction speed, and Penny didn't even try to react cause she was worried about other people. She never blitzed the nuckeleeve, she just dodged its attacks with her semblance and still got hit, only pinning its arms down because they made a plan to do so. The beringel is the best example of her semblance, and it could still react to her when she used her semblance except for on the roof when she slashed its back.

Speed is equalized here, so to overhaul the bullets are moving at a speed he can react to at a reasonable distance, from hundreds of meters away, he can react easily.

She didn't realize he could use poison, she just saw him stab her uncle and cut his tail off because he was wide open. She had just gotten stomped on by this guy who just hurt her uncle, that's not the same as fighting someone who's better at cqc than her and can manipulate the ground to hit her. If she were in a life or death fight with Yang would she cut her hands off because she fights with them? The circumstances revolving her cutting off Tyrian's tail and cutting off Overhaul's hands are different. I'm not saying she won't do it, just that to come to that conclusion would take more than just seeing him use his hands a lot.

Overhaul doesn't soeedblitz with his quirk, in saying he can move himself with it by moving the ground, That wasn't the main point I was making anyway, the point is that Overhaul can approach Ruby regardless of distance, and if she keeps using her semblance to run, he's going to analyze and learn how to react and predict it if she decides to try and blitz him.

Does Ruby usually attack when she's using her Semblance? From what I've seen, she's always come out of it before deciding to attack, so at best Overhaul will wind up in a Mirio situation he can actually win, since he could react to and predict Mirio, even when he teleported right behind him with no warning, but not beat him due to his intangibility.

She creates a vacuum slipstream as an attack while using her semblance, which is strong enough to send people as strong as herself flying

I mean like scythe stabs and slashes. For those, she seems to come out of her semblance to attack, and those are the only abilities that Chisaki could die to before healing.

Correct, she needs to deactivate her semblance to use those but as this is volume 6 ruby she is able to deactivate and reactivate her semblance near instantly when letting off other attacks

If she needs to deactivate her Semblance, Crescent Rose never touches Overhaul. He can react to Mirio who teleports right behind people from the ground with even less of a tell and far easier than Ruby.

He doesn't get paralyzed because ruby doesn't shoot dust at the ground near people except for ice, which means Overhaul can just dodge and it won't do anything to him as it flys past him. Also she's hundreds of meters away, he has more than enough time to react.

The game mechanics? I don't remember you proving that those were canon. Also she doesn't shoot dust at the ground to abuse the aoe in character anyway, so this point is moot. She always shoots dust straight at the enemy. So Overhaul dodges and avoids it all, and if he sees lightning dust has aoe, he'll block it with the ground. Or just keep dodging since the AoE will likely not hit him.

Ruby has as much a day of prep time and she knows what his qurik is (she still thinks its a semblance)

Back